SASS Wire Forum

someone keeps telling my wife i have PTSD

Trigger Mike

some alleged friend of my wife keeps complaining how i mistreat my kids because i won't buy them name brand shoes to wear to school and name brand under armor back packs and make them settle for walmart and that i have PTSD even though I've never been treated or diagnosed for issues relating to ptsd nor tried to be evaluated for it. Since they are 23 and unmarried they think i should treat my 4 kids like they think i should and take them to the movies all the time and out to eat a lot and "not put myself on a pedestal and wash dishes" after 29 years of marriage they want to tell my wife i don't love her and the kids like i should and complain i don't treat her like they think i should and even though they've been dating for 4 years and don't plan on getting married for two more years that they know what love is and i need to take my wife on date night all the time. where do people get off thinking they know how to raise children or what love is when they never even been married?

Not buying your children the latest Nike shoes or Under Armour gear is not mistreating them. It is not letting them succumb to the materialistic society we have become, where self worth is tied to the value of one's possessions. If your children are clean, fed, with serviceable clothing, and not beaten or mentally abused, how you raise them beyond that is nobody else's business.

In my later teen years and into my early adult years, my mother would tell me that someone had said something about me, or my now wife, etc... I would ask her who it was, and she would say they didn't want me to know. I finally told her to tell them if they didn't have the guts to let me know who said it, or say it to my face, to tell them I said to go to hell. She was shocked at first, because I never swore in front of her. Funny how after saying that two or three times though, I stopped getting these anonymous reports from them via my mother. I would say the same goes for this "alleged" friend.

EXCELLENT. I will relay that same message and no i don't abuse them and i also wear walmart shoes so they are not getting anything i don't. the only name brand i wear is joe a banks suits to church because you should give God your best. the levis i have were bought by my wife and another friend as i always refused to spend the money.

Wal-mart! I don't need no Wal-mart stuff. Most all the casual clothes I wear comes from a goodwill type store as I burn through jeans pretty fast, what with get leather dye on them or burning holes in them while bullet casting, working on our cars,doing yard work. The only reason my son has an X-box video game is because my BIL gave him his old one when he upgraded. I hate those time wasters, and his time on it is regulated.My 13 year old daughter gets most of her make-up from the dollar store. I love my wife and kids, which is why I became a stay at home dad, so I could give them my time and attention, not a bunch of name brand stuff. And anybody who thinks they know a better way to do things can start paying all my bills, otherwise, keep your trap shut.

In my not so humble or politically correct opinion, tell your wife's friends to go urinate up a rope and keep their noses out of your life.

That, Sir, is most eloquently stated. ^_^

I think your wife should have defended you, rather than pass it on and aggravate you unnecessarily!

I hope you can find some way to reduce the drama and bullshit that seems to keep intruding into your life.

Trigger Mike, on 07 Aug 2015 - 11:02 AM, said:

snapback.png

Since they are 23 and unmarried ..........

ROTFLMAO! Well THERE'S your problem.

Yup! It's amazing how smart somebody about that age thinks they can be. A friend of my son's, a lady of roughly that era who was living with her boyfriend, tried to give me some "marital advice" one evening. I'll skip the crass details of what she said, but you should have seen her face and the look on her friends' faces when I just leaned over and said, "Honey, the underwear I'm wearing is older than you are. Don't every say that to me again."

She actually still comes to my house with groups of my son's friends, but we have a much better relationship now that she's learned a few manners.

Dr. Ben Carson on last nights debate said that he had done a number of things the other candidates hadn't, one of which was removing half a brain! But then he said that maybe some in Washington might have beat him on that! I wonder if any of these people Trigger Mike talks about were patients of Dr. Carson??? :o:P

they need to be as half a brain might be an improvement. Thanks Utah I too keep hoping the drama can go away and my wife should have defended me. She should have at least told them i don't have PTSD and to top it off the guy just got hired to be a police officer. I feel for whomever depends on his good judgement for justice . I'm sure my wife and and will be fine one day and are better than we were under chemo but so much damage was done by both of us and too many people who know us were brought in to our problems and won't let it go now that we are better but we can't get more better sooner for new issues cropping up from the outside. too many people think they can control my behavior and she got a blank check because she was sick. I always dig in my heels when anyone tries to force me to change and PTSD has nothing to do with that.

:lol: I tell you it's enough to make a preacher want to cuss. i get we all need to vent and i do the same on here, the difference is no one here can come back to her and add their spin on it. i tried to tell her not to vent to them over and over. if only she had listened. regardless i tell her I'll love her until i die i just did not need her to stab me in the back over and over, that i can do that just fine on my own. one day. ll i know is, chemo is for the birds

Howdy,

Big brand names equal love?

These people are true brainwashed by the media.

Sometimes a big name product is better.

But most of the time most products with labels off folks cant tell which is which.

Consumer Reports makes a living telling differences between products.

And once I had a real good time beating a Ferrari with a Chevy.

Best

CR

It's my understanding that most all parents who have raised teenagers have PTSD. :huh:^_^:P

Then they go off to college and you get a different type of PTSD (Post Traumatic Spending Disorder).

GS

Have you considered suing him for slander?

It is a bit drastic, but sometimes you need to break a hound from sucking eggs.

By diagnosing you with PTSD he is also practicing medicine without a license.

I had a nosy neighbor when Schoolmarm and I first moved into the home we live in. That was almost thirty-five years ago. We don't always agree and when Schoolmarm disagrees with you she will raise her voice. Blackwater is loud anyhow, and when I don't agree with something it gets worse!! :o:lol:

We didn't use the air conditioner as much back then, and with the windows open, our arguments would often get out the windows.

The nosy, and I might add gossipy, neighbor lady spread the rumor that I beat my wife! We both found it funny and the rest of the neighborhood wrote it off to Kathy's propensity to exaggerate and prevaricate for gossip's sake.

She was our next-door neighbor, and one day I caught her crossing our yard while I was outside in the driveway, working on my motorcycle. I said, "Hey Kathy! Come here a minute." When she approached, I said to her, within earshot of her husband who was a good friend, "You've been telling folks that I'm a wife beater. I'm warning you. If you keep spreading that crap, I will be a wife beater!!" I paused and glanced over at he husband., Jackie, and grinned, " And you're the wife that I'll be beating!!" I concluded.

Jackie crowed like a big ol' rooster and slapped his thigh, just howling with laughter!! He stopped long enough to look at Kathy angrily and said, "I guess he told YOU!!!" He started giggling and told her to get in the house then turned to me and said, "She can't say I haven't warned her!!"

Maybe you ought to have a "Come to Jesus" meeting with this agitator!!

Try being raised by depression era parents.

Me too! And, Dad was a public school teacher and Mom was a stay-at-home homemaker. My sister, brother, and I were so materially abused. :blush::blink::huh:

It's my understanding that most all parents who have raised teenagers have PTSD. :huh:^_^:P

Parents of Teenage Stupidity Disorder.

I had a yard stick, referred to our household as a Teenager Alignment Toll, made to straighten out my kids. Strange how I never actually had to use it.

You can't imagine the number of relatives and "friends" I've told to kiss off over the years. Some of them still talk to me, the rest I just don't care about.

I was-

OLG

Yeah. "You paid THREE DOLLARS for that???" :D

Try being raised by depression era parents.

The amount of stuff my father kept in the garage because they "were still good" or "could be fixed" defied the imagination. "Yes, Dad, I know those three Ford automatic transmissions could be fixed, but nobody in the family currently own a Ford..." "Yes, the conduit is good Dad, but our house is wired, our garage is wired, how many of the neighbors' houses do you think need wired?" (Statements I actually made to my father. It was impossible to actually put a car in the garage, or work on one, or typically find anything you needed.

well i already told them once there's nothing to be done with their complaints but it fell on deaf ears. i did tell my ice she better start doing her job and defending me as her silence is perceived as agreement with them and whether she does or not we are to always be united to the outside world. we will get better and her attitude has greatly improved since the 3 months since she took her last chemo but it took all 3 of the months the doctor said it would take. damage has been done by both of us and we keep telling these youngsters we are fine and will be but they think they can be friends with the wife and tell her it is my fault they can't be active friends with her. i keep telling her to tell them that to be her friend they need to love her husband as well. all i know is i never want to go through the hell of living with someone taking chemo ever again. I thought the first year of marriage was the worst year of my life. That and iraq were a picnic compared to this past year with my wife taking chemo and going paranoid and insecure and agitated and demanding and unhappy as she got. she's still not 100% like she was but a deacon at church who had her same cancer said she never will be and there will be many days that will be hard from now on. One word of advice, when dating a womb find out if she has cancer in her family and then figure out how she handles stress. if she has some bad habits when stressed that are hard for you to handle, RUN!

Archived