SASS Wire Forum

Update on my wife - She is home....YEAH!

Korupt Karl

My wife has had stomach pain for some time and when she went to the doctor on Weds they found she had a partial blockage of the intestines. Long story short she went into the hospital yesterday afternoon. She had gone to take fluids Thursday morning and the doctor told her she could take meds and deal with it at home or go to the hospital. Her sister took her in and I'm hoping this gets resolved. It explains all of her weight loss as she "felt full" and wasn't hungry.

She slept most of the night (despite my ocasiional snoring) and is in good spirits. In a way this is good news as I was thinking that the pain in her stomach was from the cancer. While the cancer remains, the outcome from this should give her comfort.

Your continued prayers are so much appreciated.

KK

We talked to the surgeon and there is a tumor blocking the bowel....we will have some tough decisions ahead.

Thanks again to all the thoughts and prayers.

Weds night the 13th Kay had a reaction and got terrible shakes and other complications....we ended up in ICU at about 8:30pm and they were able to get her stable with an emergency response team and we were able to avoid being hooked up to a respirator. We aren't out of the woods and are awaiting more test results to see if surgery is an option and that she can continue breathing on her own with acceptable oxygen levels. We are both exhausted and she is finally able to rest. I will update as I can.

KK

The doctor came in this afternoon and she wil be undergoing surgery the first thing tomorrow afternoon. Risky at best, but the only way to remove the obstruction and guarantee her a higher quality of life. Asking for continued prayers....you all have been so great and I believe that from your prayers Kay has been able to survive these past four years.

Thank you, thank you

KK

Friday Night. After about a 2 1/2 hour surgery the doctor met with us. Kay is stable. We are not out of the woods but we accomplished buying her more time with us no matter how short it becomes. I know that Kay would not have made it through surgery without all of the support and prayers.

I received so many calls, pm's emails, texts...such an outcry of support I am overwhelmed and blessed. I cannot thank you all enough. I will update as I know more.

KK

August 19th

Kay was moved to a regular room today. They removed the PEG tube and will remove the tube that runs through her nose which will make her very happy. Her diet is upgraded to more liquids, ice cream and other goodies. All of this means she is improving. Her goal is to get home. Our son is looking for a job here so he can move back from Boise and be near mom.

She is doing physical therapy and sitting in a chair several times a day. The pain is still there and she uses her (Jeopardy button)...lol where she says "Alex, I'll take drugs for 1000"....the morphine fix....

I'ml not sure which shoots I can attend, but whenever possible I will be there if nothing more than to say hi which was the case with Guns of August.

At any rate, shoot straight and I wish you all luck with the upcoming State, regional and divisional shoots. Thanks for your continued prayers.

KK

Monday; We brought her home yesterday and set up a hospital bed for her. She is still on a low setting of oxygen and we have a home care service to make sure she gets the best care. Her small dog is sleeping with her and of the two I don't know which was happier....lol. She is getting stronger each day and has finally had a good nights sleep. Thanks again to all as you helped make this happen with your prayers.

KK

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KK...you and your family are in our prayers...Jim

We still pray for Mrs.Kay and for you KK.My love and prayers are always with you two.

Heeee Haaaa KK.. Prayers on the way Mrs. Kay and you ..From your Michigan Pards

Heeee Haaaaa Crazy Mingo :wacko::wacko::FlagAm:

Good News that it is something treatable & not cancer.

We continue to pray for you both.

Dakota & the Dawg

Hope Miss Kay recovers quickly. Me 'n' Schoolmarm are prayin' for ya's!!

Prayers up for Healing for her, God Bless Her.

Thanks for the Update, Will be praying for her

Again, Please keep us updated as ya can.

Prayers going up for Healing, God Bless Her.

LORD GOD, please have your will done in Kay's life,,,, and however that ends up, may the Comfortor encompass KK with your love....

KARL,

I just now saw this thread and initially, I (like many others) was encouraged by the info you originally shared. I must say that not only are you and Kay in our prayers, but I feel kinda heart broken about the tumor blockage situation.

As always, I'm a phone call away!

Love ya man.

..........Widder

KK!! I saw the update this morning!! So it is with Widder, the same with me. You got my number, Brother!!

Another round of prayers already on the way.

Archived