SASS Wire Forum

update on my hunting rifle saga

Trigger Mike

Went to local toy store today. Held a Ruger, Kimber and Weatherby. Put the Ruger back. liked the Kimber and the weatherby . salesman said he owned both. preferred the Kimber. Kimber trigger was crisper. Weatherby felt better. Saw a used Weatherby in 270 with Nikkon Prostaff scope on it and it felt good. Nikkon scope was cloudy looking, not sure why as a new one was real clear. Liked Leopold VX3. Salesman talked to me about trijicon. showed me the lighted reticle. I've narrowed my rifle to Weatherby unless winchester feels good when I find one. Trijicon seemed the wy to go but i don't want to spend that much so a toss between nikkon and leopold and since the used nikkon was cloudy it made me wonder

The used Nikon could have been cloudy cause some boob cleaned it with his shirt instead of the special material provided.

Like I do......

That Kimber is a darned fine rifle. I ended up with a Ruger MkII because of being a lefty. Also a nice gun but not like that Kimber.

Went to local toy store today. Held a Ruger, Kimber and Weatherby. Put the Ruger back. liked the Kimber and the weatherby . salesman said he owned both. preferred the Kimber. Kimber trigger was crisper. Weatherby felt better. Saw a used Weatherby in 270 with Nikkon Prostaff scope on it and it felt good. Nikkon scope was cloudy looking, not sure why as a new one was real clear. Liked Leopold VX3. Salesman talked to me about trijicon. showed me the lighted reticle. I've narrowed my rifle to Weatherby unless winchester feels good when I find one. Trijicon seemed the wy to go but i don't want to spend that much so a toss between nikkon and leopold and since the used nikkon was cloudy it made me wonder

I have a 3x9 Trijicon, with the illuminated post reticle, on my .270 Mannlicher. This is my main deer rifle and the scope works wonders at dusk.

Archived