SASS Wire Forum

2016 Colorado State Championship Match July 1-3, 2016

Grizzly Dave

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only a few more days to wait!!!

LAST MINUTE REMINDERS:

-> It's not to late to join in on the fun! Contact GW Ryder ASAP so he can get you on a posse!
->Watch your speed in the small towns around the range, they take their speed limits very seriously, we should too!
->Cowboy Swap and Sell is Saturday afternoon from 2-4 in the big tent! Bring all those goodies and turn them in to cash, or bring your cash and turn it into goodies!
->Drink lots of water! It's going to be warm and we all need to be drinking lots of water, especially folks from lower elevations.

->HELP NEEDED! If you are going to be with us for side match day and could run one of the side matches for an hour or two, it would be greatly appreciated! Touch base with GW Ryder to get on the list! Thanks much!

->YEEHAW! It's almost time to shoot!!!!!!!

Awesome folks, I see a lot of very hard work being put into this match! A very dedicated bunch. May your roster be full. Wish we could be there.

Nine Toe - High praise indeed coming from you, thank you! It's shaping up to be an awesome match! We wish you could be here too!

The big tent goes up tomorrow and reports are coming in of folks heading this way! It's almost here!

YeeHaw!

Only a few more days to wait!!!

LAST MINUTE REMINDERS:

-> It's not to late to join in on the fun! Contact GW Ryder ASAP so he can get you on a posse!
->Watch your speed in the small towns around the range, they take their speed limits very seriously, we should too!
->Cowboy Swap and Sell is Saturday afternoon from 2-4 in the big tent! Bring all those goodies and turn them in to cash, or bring your cash and turn it into goodies!
->Drink lots of water! It's going to be warm and we all need to be drinking lots of water, especially folks from lower elevations.

->HELP NEEDED! If you are going to be with us for side match day and could run one of the side matches for an hour or two, it would be greatly appreciated! Touch base with GW Ryder to get on the list! Thanks much!

->YEEHAW! It's almost time to shoot!!!!!!!

The big tent and covered water stations are up, the porta pots delivered, this party is about to begin!!!

What's every one bringing for the swap and Sell? I need to know how many mason jars to dig up outta the back yard! :D

smtent.jpg

I'm curious now as ta who those other two trailers belong to and ifn' they realize they got stuck parkin' next ta tha crazy redneck chick.... :unsure:

Looking good Grizz, see you Friday or maybe Thursday night.

Thanks for all the stuff you guys have been doing.

Scary

Car is loaded with the exception of guns and snacks! Headed your way about 11am tomorrow from work. Can't wait!

Sonora and I are heading out today for Pawnee. I just found out yesterday that Waterloo and Hey You are going to be there. They are both World Class SASS shooters in their own right as well as the ones who promote Bond Derringer in the BondMobile RV. In fact the winners at EOT this year for fastest derringer. Great fun to watch for sure.

BV

Looking forward to seeing everyone! Heading west about lunchtime

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Hoping to swing by the range on the way in to see if packets are available. Sorry you couldn't get tomorrow off, Calico

I did arrange to get off early so I kin be home and ready ta go when Buick gits home from werk....we shud be able ta hit tha road by 3:30...but we'll see jus how bad traffic is tryin' ta git outta town.... :wacko:

Campers are rolling in, the last of the stage decorations are going up, side matches are tomorrow....

I guess I should load some ammo! :D

YEEHAW! Let's ride!

Once again I would like to remind you all that the small towns around the range take their speed limits VERY SERIOUSLY and we should too lest we be forced to make an unplanned 'donation' to the local economy.

I'm bringing some trimmers just in case Grizz decides to let us shave his beard off again this year, or maybe if enough of us decide for him. :P

Hopefully run out tomorrow for some practice and a side match or two, if not see you all on Saturday!

I'm bringing some trimmers just in case Grizz decides to let us shave his beard off again this year, or maybe if enough of us decide for him. :P

Hopefully run out tomorrow for some practice and a side match or two, if not see you all on Saturday!

Skid.....it ain't gonna happen....not unless there are large quantities of cash in it for me, or....

Note to self, remember your life long rule....always carry a blade.

Well I think I got stocked up from the food and booze stores, just gotta see if'n I'm forgetting anything...

oh yeah, shootin' irons and ammo, probably should take those!

See everyone in the morning!

Stopped at the range to get my packet. The pins look great and really nice door prizes. Just checked into the hotel, so time to find some food and a beer

Major and Woodfox, sure wish you fellers were here too!

I'm hearing there is a thriving city of campers out on the plains and I'd imagine there is quite the party going on as I type. Wish I was there, but I'll be rolling in tomorrow morning to shoot some side matches and run one for a spell.

YeeHaw! It's shaping up to be three HOOTS and a dozen HOLLARS!

Pawnee station has pulled out all the stops for this match, and I hope everyone has a great time!

I'z got all tha decorations finished....all that's left is sum last minute packin' and throw everything in tha truck....oh, and 6 more hours of werk..... :unsure: tomorrow's gonna go so sloooooow waitin' ta go party!!!!

My buddy Whiskey Rick made it today, we'll roll in around 10am or so tomorrow. Looking forward to another fabulous match at Pawnee Station! I love coming here for all the good reasons - plus it's my dedicated to cap & ball match :D

CR (part time Frontiersman)

i am plumb wore out.

Cobra Cat and Hey You overall and Cobra Cat and lefty Jo state champs.

Lots of pics and vids when I get home. I hope everyone had a good time.

I need sleep. about a week should do it, then i'll be ready to go again!

Congrats to my son Pinewood Kid, CO. State Wrangler Winner. He's been on a roll this year with a May win of TX State Wrangler category and a June win of Wyo state Hell On Wheels Wrangler category. Couldn't be any more proud of him.

Congrats to my son Pinewood Kid, CO. State Wrangler Winner. He's been on a roll this year with a May win of TX State Wrangler category and a June win of Wyo state Hell On Wheels Wrangler category. Couldn't be any more proud of him.

Yusta - I remember that you were a solid shooter and pretty good, but he's WAY faster than you are!

I just got home a few minutes ago, I'll try and get pics and vids up as soon as I can, but it may take a while, please be patient. It's going to take hours just to download them all off the cameras, much less process them and upload them to the interweb.

I bet he had a good mentor along the trail to teach him all the good moves. DC

I taught him everything I knew in about 5 minutes and he's done well in spite of my influence ! :D :D

Yusta - I remember that you were a solid shooter and pretty good, but he's WAY faster than you are!

Aw geeze Dave - he's only about 2 1/2 times as fast as his old man .........

This was a fantastic match that was very well run. I am wiped, but will definitely be back. Anyone that hasn't shot this match needs to. For anyone that is looking for a match that is fun for all levels of shooters, this is one you need to have on your list

Great match!! Can't say enough thank you's to everyone who worked so hard to put this match on for us!! We had an amazing time. Well written stages, met new folks and even shot us a wild bunch match for the first time! The tropies and championship buckles topped it all off! Well done my friends!!

Archived