SASS Wire Forum

2016 Colorado State Championship Match July 1-3, 2016

Grizzly Dave

Yo Dave we will be seeing you this year.

Jackrabbit Joe & Sly Puppy

Sun City, Ariz.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preparations continue for the Colorado State Championship match coming in July!

Hearing that many folks had other plans for the 4th, the main match day 2, shootoff, awards and banquet will take place on Sunday. Updated info can be found on the match flyer and entry from available on the Pawnee Station website.

G. Dave,

Will you be having :

1: a Plainsman event?

2. A BP category for the shotgun side events. Clays?

Ol' #4

G. Dave,

Will you be having :

1: a Plainsman event?

2. A BP category for the shotgun side events. Clays?

Ol' #4

From the match director GW Ryder

No plainsman event scheduled at this point, but I can see if we can get someone interested in running one. The Cowboy Clays will have two categories, Cowboy Guns and Open Guns. No specific black powder category.

As far as speed shotgun side matches, they are broken into men's and ladies for 97, lever, SxS hammered, and SxS no hammers, but no specific black powder divisions.

• 1 month later...

I am hearing great things out of the planning meetings, lots going on, new awards, a banquet, door prizes, all sorts of wonderful things! YeeHaw I can't hardly wait!

I talked to a bunch of folks at Winter Range who are planning to attend, it should be a great time!

Preparations continue! Awards are being finalized and ordered, banquet details ironed out, wonderful door prizes secured, work parties organized, all sorts of stuff going on to ensure that the 2016 Colorado State Championship match is AWESOME!

Hope to see you there!

Looking forward to it, my friend. I was disappointed I couldn't make your shoot last year. 2014 was a blast, and I am sure this one will be even better

• 4 weeks later...

The prizes keep rolling in!

Just recently arrived...

12932863_10204875739973337_3213358170560

Turquoise queen has donated and designed this one of a kind longhorn steer skull.

She has a unique style that you will not only see but feel a true part of the American west
She has used various materials , hand spun buffalo hair, copper and colored wire, paints and metal dots

A big thank you to Turquoise Queen for donating this wonderful prize! Look her up for your southwestern

art and jewelry needs!

OK folks, time to highlight another of the wonderful door prizes that will be given away at this match. How about a custom rig created by none other than the world famous artist Slickbald? Say what? Yup, that's right! Slickbald recently returned from a European tour teaching leather art, and I'm sure he probably picked up a few ideas while he was at it!

Entries are rolling in, get yours in soon!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, it's the middle of May already!

Lots of stuff coming together for the upcoming Colorado State Championship match!

Awards are coming in and being completed, category state champ buckles ordered, clean match pins, etc.

On that front, we have a number of categories, especially ladies black powder categories than have yet to see entries, get the word out, state championships are on the line!!

Door prizes continue to roll in, including a hand made quilt (or maybe more than one...) made by Calico Mary!

Need a reloading machine? Yup, a Dillion 550 will be given away!

Chinks? Leather? Bullets? Video camera? All these and more will be given away!

I know some of us, me included have been dragging our feet getting entries in, but we really need to get those in the mail soon!

Wow, it's the middle of May already!

Lots of stuff coming together for the upcoming Colorado State Championship match!

Awards are coming in and being completed, category state champ buckles ordered, clean match pins, etc.

On that front, we have a number of categories, especially ladies black powder categories than have yet to see entries, get the word out, state championships are on the line!!

Door prizes continue to roll in, including a hand made quilt (or maybe more than one...) made by Calico Mary!

Need a reloading machine? Yup, a Dillion 550 will be given away!

Chinks? Leather? Bullets? Video camera? All these and more will be given away!

I know some of us, me included have been dragging our feet getting entries in, but we really need to get those in the mail soon!

Mine went out today.

Looking forward to seeing all my front range pards again.

Have a chance to come by next weekend if I can line up someone to feed the ponies, dogs, chickens, goats and sheep.

Hope to see ya then brother Grizz

Regards

Gateway Kid

It will be great seeing you again Gateway....I've missed you!! (and I noz, I gotta start aimin' better..... :P )

There will be one quilt, I have some other stuff that I'm working on for the banquet so I doubt I'll have time for any more, but all money from tickets sales for the quilt will be going to the SASS Scholarship Fund, I hope to have pictures ready in the next couple of weeks...

Things are shaping up nicely, still a lot of work to be done but it promises to be a good shoot, so come on out and join us for a lot of fun and friendship! It will be here before you know it, so get those registrations in the mail, or at least let us know you are coming, so we can make sure to get accurate numbers to our caterers, banquet hall, printers, and such.

Pawnee Station thanks all those who have already sent their forms in, and sure hope the rest of our friends here in Colorado can come out to play cowboy with us over the holiday weekend....what a great way to celebrate the Fourth of July!! ;)

I guess now that we're getting the range all dressed up purty, I'z gonna hafta start thinkin' bout whut I'z gonna wear tuu....got my banquet outfit picked but haven't even started thinkin' bout my other outfits.....and I'z runnin' outta time!!! :blink::blink::wacko::wacko: :wacko:

Guess I have it easier on that front, I only got a couple of cowboy shirts, and for the banquet I'll try and wear a clean one so I don't have to sit by myself again.

Stay tuned folks, I'm hoping to have a sneak peak at the awards coming soon!

GW was pretty insistent that if I wanted to attend the banquet that I'd need to wear clothes. Something about all the other folks losing their appetites.

I'm been in this game about 7 years now, and attended the Shootout at Pawnee Station each of those years, and this years match is shaping up to be the best yet, and the past matches were AWESOME!

I suppose that means I really outta keep my clothes on durin' tha pot luck.....taint gonna be ez ifn' anyone brings another bottle of that REALLY gud takillya that we had 2 years ago.... :blink::blink::blink:;)

at tha last club meeting our MD said he'd gotten a call from someone in Texas asking about signing up 5 shooters or so....but I don't have names....

I suppose that means I really outta keep my clothes on durin' tha pot luck.....taint gonna be ez ifn' anyone brings another bottle of that REALLY gud takillya that we had 2 years ago.... :blink::blink::blink:;)

Now don't go to a bunch of trouble on account of us!

Regards

Gateway (trying to remember which takilla that was) Kid

PS no emoticons from the tablet but could sure use a few smiley faces right now

Hi Griz, Kelli and I are think Ng of coming if we can find some decent accommodation that's not too expensive.

Jackaroo,it would be great to have you and your lovely lady with us again, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to let Grizz chime in on the accommodations part, he knows a bit more about that than I do.....Buick and I will be staying at the range. Of course, I will make the same offer to you that we did for Grizz.....you're more than welcome to bring a couple of sleeping bags and crash under our trailer....it has a pretty high clearance.... ;) (Grizz already declined....we'd offer you a space in our trailer, but everyone here can tell you, ours is the little dinky cute one...there just isn't any space! :wacko::unsure: )

Come if you can, feel free to bring any other Okies with ya or grab some of those stray Texans and bring em' along....everyone is welcome at tha party! :D

Archived