SASS Wire Forum

2016 Colorado State Championship Match July 1-3, 2016

Grizzly Dave

UPDATE 1-26-2016

Hearing that many folks had other plans for the 4th, the main match day 2, shootoff, awards and banquet will take place on Sunday. Updated info can be found on the match flyer and entry from available on the Pawnee Station website. New dates are July 1-3.

UPDATE! Match dates have changed slightly to July 1 to 4 with main match on Saturday and Sunday, and awards and such on Monday. Don't forget - Monday is a holiday! .

Entry forms are available HERE.

I know you all have been waiting with baited breath, ok, maybe one of you has been waiting with bait on his breath for the promo video for the Colorado State Match.

So, without further ado

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Taz! I guess those two lessons when I was a kid finally paid off huh? :D

Hey, could be worse, coulda been a banjo player...! :o

Very cool as always Grizz! I already have my vacation request in for your shoot

CBG - I hope we'll see you over on this side of the big hill for the match! There is a new motel in Eaton which is right on 85 and closer to the range than the motels in Fort Collins or Wellington. I plan to give them a call and see if we can get a discount on rooms for anyone attending the shootout.

Warden - Text is somewhat easy in the software I have, but it can be tricky as well especially when you start adding the cool effects to it. One trick if you're using a still picture is to add the text in another program and save the file and just put that pic with the text already added into the video. If you, me, and others keep challenging each other like this it's only a matter of time before Hollywood comes calling LOL.

Very nicely done!!!!😃

• 4 weeks later...

I know a lot of folks are planning out 2016 already, I know I am. I hope that you'll consider adding the 2016 Colorado State match - The Shootout at Pawnee Station in Nunn, Colorado over the 4th of July weekend to your schedule!

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto Dave you done did it again. Hoping to be there with my side kick Sly Puppy.

Fantastic pilgrim!

Jackrabbit Joe

Nice video Dave, the work you have put in shows. Now, let us know how you market it, it can be a learning tool for the rest of us.

Nice video Dave, the work you have put in shows. Now, let us know how you market it, it can be a learning tool for the rest of us.

Reb - Thanks for the kind words. I'm not quite sure what you are asking, what do you want to know?

• 2 months later...

Dawg - it will be great to see you gain.

Cass, you gotta come, but you probably won't recognize Fort Collins any more, for example, all the hipsters call it 'FoCo' now. :D Hope to see you in July 2016!

I have had a couple of folks wondering about awards and such being on Monday, keep in mind Monday July 4th is a Holiday!

My understanding is that the change was made so that folks who might not be able to make the match due to main match day 1 being on a Friday will now be able to attend since the main match will be Saturday and Sunday.

I like the change. I was sorry I missed this year. You folks put on a really fun match. Any flatlanders like me need to hydrate a lot. I did in 2014 and I did not regret it. Great folks at this match

Woodfox, yu and any other Ohio folk are more than welcome ta come out and play wit us anytime! ;)

Thanks Mary; My wife and I visited in July on Friday of your 3 day shoot our son lives in Boulder and we visit him that time of year and we like to go to Frontier Days when we are there . I do hope to shoot with you all some day .

Woodfox :)

• 4 weeks later...

We now have info available for sponsors and vendors, contact myself, or GW Ryder and we'll email you the info.

Woodfox, I enjoyed meeting you and your wife, hopefully you can come out and shoot with us sometime. Bring your son, maybe we'll get him hooked.

You won't regret it, Major! Fun stages and great group of folks. I had a blast in 2014.....all the fun of your match, but bigger

T-Bone - Lots of space at the range for all manner of RVs, dry camping only though, no hookups. There are several places with hookups fairly close, if you want more info I'll have to get back to you. I know Deadwood Woody and Sassy Teton Lady stayed at one last year and drove their toad to the range each day so they'd have hookups to maintain AC for their critters if I remember right.

From the blacktop it's maybe a mile or so on county maintained gravel/dirt roads. Most of the time they're pretty good, but they can get a bit wash boardy at times depending on weather, but at least it's not that far. The road on the range property is good, and they have machines to keep it that way, there are some trees here and there around the road in places, but we've had buses and long 5th wheels attend with no problems that I know of.

• 3 weeks later...

To paraphrase Doc Holliday, "I suppose I'm deranged but I...guess I'll just have to attend". Haven't been back to Colorado since I moved away back in 2000, so figured it was time to take a vacation, and attend the match in the process. Looking forward seeing the Rocky Mountains again, and shooting with new friends.

It's too bad Buckskin Joe is no longer around, I could use an updated profile pic.

Sgt John, be good to have you in attendance. I'm sure we can find a spot in front of one of our props to make for a good profile pic. Look me up and I'll be happy to snap it for you.

Archived