SASS Wire Forum

mid life crisis

Trigger Mike

now that things with my wife are improving and the chemo has ended I am entering a mid life crisis. On a whim I decided to try a Glock 19 and suddenly can't stop thinking about it at the expense of my 45 autos. At 30 feet I can hit a small fence post. I wonder where she has been all my life. I only had disdain for the 9mm even when the department issued me one as it just does not have the feel the 45 does when it goes off. I even traded a Sig 220 compact for it. If only I did not live on a dirt road with a gravel driveway I might get a corvette to go with it.

now that things with my wife are improving and the chemo has ended I am entering a mid life crisis. On a whim I decided to try a Glock 19 and suddenly can't stop thinking about it at the expense of my 45 autos. At 30 feet I can hit a small fence post. I wonder where she has been all my life. I only had disdain for the 9mm even when the department issued me one as it just does not have the feel the 45 does when it goes off. I even traded a Sig 220 compact for it. If only I did not live on a dirt road with a gravel driveway I might get a corvette to go with it.

Why not get the Corvette to go with it . . . . sounds like a good idea to me . . . . . :)

when my wife was a teenager she worked drive thru at a bank and saw this married guy suddenly show up with a corvette and a blonde half his age in the convertible beside him so the running joke for years was how when i have a midlife crisis i would get a corvette and a blonde. so i got the flat dark earth (blond) Glock so maybe a corvette is in order.

I don't see that as a mid-life crisis. I see that as just another symptom of being a gunaholic.

Trashing glocks makes as much sense as trashing the M16. :D If you want it, go for it, Mike. I carriedone for awhile.

When I hit that period in my life I bought a bright shinny Corvette convertible. Cheaper than a mistress and just as exciting

When I hit that period in my life I bought a bright shinny Corvette convertible. Cheaper than a mistress and just as exciting

And when it starts acting crazy or sounding funny, you can take it to the shop and get it fixed.

Nothing wrong with a Glock, I find most that have an aversion to poly guns have never really spent any quality time with one. Can't fault them for that.

I switch between my 1911 and my M&P45 for daily carry unless it's super hot, then I switch to a pocket 9mm. They all have plenty of take-down power when applied properly. Get the pistol you enjoy, in the caliber you enjoy shooting.

then shoot the CRAP out of it. shoot it every chance you get. shoot it during self defence courses. shoot it for fun at the range our out back plinking at targets get a couple of magazines and practice reloads in the configuration you would normally carry it in. Shoot it until it fails, then practice clearing that failure. then practice the other failures.

the choice of pistol is much less important than the choice to practice.

Not anything wrong with a Glock.

Love my model 22 in .40 S&W.

But if given a choice-Pretty much a 1911 guy.

OLG

Yup. Owned bot. Used both. Prefer John Bs invention.

This might help...

11831747_381495715393882_374199584419044

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I'm with Big Sage on the mid life thingy. It was so far back I don't recall what it looked like.

Probably a gun, or a boat, or a fishing rod, or something along those lines.

I think I had a mid-life crisis 15-20 years ago. Lasted about five minutes, when I decided I couldn't afford it! :D;):D

Archived