SASS Wire Forum

something i miss from a bank

Trigger Mike

there was a bank in Colorado that years ago advertised if you opened a CD with them they would give you a Weatherby rifle with steel case and scope etc (leopold as I recall) in lieu of interest. I never took them up on it, needing the money at the time but I sure wish interest rates were such that banks would do that now.

Something I miss from a bank? Service.

Actually seeing the same person behind the counter more than once would be a nice change too. The turnover rate in branch banks around here is outrageous. I think the tellers are all in training for management positions at Walmart.

My local BBT seems to be great at service and usually get the same teller and they offer to fill out the deposit slips for me in drive thru if Im out of them. drive thru teller saw me in the lobby and asked why i came in instead, then told me she would have filled it out. good folks, smart and most of them are pretty to.

Part of the problem is that the Feds are so hard over on all of the banks to prevent them from making bad loans that the banks demanding a lot more documentation, even for their best customers, just to refinance loans (for a lower rate), even though the previous loan was through the same bank! And their loan processing personnel seem to change cases daily. Not saying they can't do a much better job...just that it may not always be their fault. "Uncle" is breathing down their necks! But it sure is a royal pain for the consumer! :(

My bank is good to do business with, no service fees,free overdraft protection, free certified checks.

And as Mike said, the tellers are easy on the eyes.

What I miss is the responsibility in management and in oversight.

The bank will blame a government regulation that has them charging you triple for a service.

The government blames the banks for lending practices that were mandated by that same government.

Nobody is responsible for anything any more and both entities are abusing the general public!!

Nowadays, kinda figure they'd be afraid some customer would use it against 'em.

That was exactly what Michael Moore(on) was trying to trick people into thinking in his Mockumentary "bowling for Columbine". In reality, the bank made the people go through a complete background check plus they were sitting on more of your money than the rifle was worth. Not a great plan to rob a bank that has all of your info like that. Plus if you had the cash to put on deposit what would stop that same dummy from just outright buying a gun with no paperwork and robbing the same bank? It would be a lot quicker.

Something I miss from a bank? Service.

Actually seeing the same person behind the counter more than once would be a nice change too. The turnover rate in branch banks around here is outrageous. I think the tellers are all in training for management positions at Walmart.

At my CU, there are tellers who don't ask for My ID

My bank has a teller at the drive-in area that recognizes my truck and calls me by name.

The two branches I go to in my area know me by name and and are actually OVERLY nice! They always ask, " what else can I do for you today? I usually reply, "Winning lottery ticket would be nice", I love the different responses I get from the different tellers! :lol: BTW, I have PNC bank

My bank teller is a machine and takes my picture every time I come in. :)

Actually, the folks down at the CU where I bank are very friendly and helpful.

Only thing that amazes me is that they are all so YOUNG.

BMC, no matter where you go everyone you see will be"so YOUNG".

I do my banking at a small local bank. There is very little teller turnover, and most of them call me by my first name.

I do my banking at a small local bank. There is very little teller turnover, and most of them call me by my first name.

same here Doc! The folks at my local bank have been there through three buyouts. We've done business for over thirty years. There are two branches in the area and they both know us well. I'm never asked for ID unless it is a transaction requiring copies of my ID and they usually have fun with me about using my carry permit. The bank manager also carries on premisses and she and I often compare notes on current gun news. Like I have said before, I have walked into my bank with my .45 hanging on my hip and nobody even seems to notice. I often picture some newcomer to the neighborhood from say, New York or California and what their reaction might be. :o:lol:

Like Noz said, they know my truck, my hat, my dog, and my grandson. ;) They even feed the dog and the kid whenever they come with me!! :P

If we have to visit a branch somewhere else in the state, I don't feel near as comfortable, nor do I get the service I'm accustomed to.

Archived