SASS Wire Forum

Prelude's to "Lonesome Dove"-- "Comanche Moon"

Rance - SASS # 54090

Just flipping through channels.. I stumbled upon Comanche Moon... There are 2 or 3 of 'em..

I think they cover the approximate 10-20 years prior to Lonesome Dove..

It's on AMC channel...

Rance ;)

Thinkin' I'm Thinkin' I missed the first episode...

Surely... They'll rerun it. :)

Also Thinkin' ii's sure worth the watchin' of tho...

The book is much better than the movie but I enjoyed the movie too!!

Just got through watching all three installments, now watching Tombstone and will wrap up my day with Hell on Wheels. When it gets to be close to 100 degrees outside its time to hunker down with the A/C and & watch a few good WESTERNS.

Then there the earlier batch when they first joined the Rangers and are walking everywhere, forgot the name. There are the ones I mention then the newest movies that you mention then you got the one with jame garner in it, the comes the lonesome dove then return to lonesome dove the lonesome dove the servers the you get lonesome some dove the series the bad years or something similar. Liked the commanche moon, lonesome dove and about half of the series.

Then there the earlier batch when they first joined the Rangers and are walking everywhere, forgot the name. There are the ones I mention then the newest movies that you mention then you got the one with jame garner in it, the comes the lonesome dove then return to lonesome dove the lonesome dove the servers the you get lonesome some dove the series the bad years or something similar. Liked the commanche moon, lonesome dove and about half of the series.

Dead Man's Walk

It was obvious that Zahn and Urban and/or the director had studied Duval's and Jones's performances in the original Lonesome Dove. You could just hear the future Gus and Call in their speech and mannerisms.

It was obvious that Zahn and Urban and/or the director had studied Duval's and Jones's performances in the original Lonesome Dove. You could just hear the future Gus and Call in their speech and mannerisms.

+1

Thought Zahn did a great job as a young Gus.

I have it on DVD. Watched it more than a once.

So I guess I liked it. :o

It's better than Dead Man's Walk the first installment.

I got Lonesome Dove, return to Lonesome Dove, Deadman's Walk and Commanche Moon all in a DVD set at Walmart the other day. I think it was $5. Worth looking in the Walmart cheap DVD bin.

Commance Moon was pretty good. Zahn and Urban did their homework and were enjoyable to watch.

Deadman's Walk on the other hand about made me sick.

David Arquette as Augustus McCrae??? Really???

You think they could have at least found someone that is not a sniveling little b!tch.

There are a few redeeming moments but every time Arquette opens his mouth it's back to cringeville.

Commance Moon was pretty good. Zahn and Urban did their homework and were enjoyable to watch.

Deadman's Walk on the other hand about made me sick.

David Arquette as Augustus McCrae??? Really???

You think they could have at least found someone that is not a sniveling little b!tch.

There are a few redeeming moments but every time Arquette opens his mouth it's back to cringeville.

I agree about David Arquette, but my wife and I both thought Jonny Lee Miller did a good job as the young Woodrow Call - he managed to do a good job of acting and talking like a younger version of Tommy Lee Jones as Call in Lonesome Dove.

Keith Carradine, Harry Dean AStanton and Edward James Olmos were also pretty good, as usual.

I thought it was worth watching. Watched it while I made a holster for my Vaquero .44. I always like to watch a western while I work on belts and holsters - I think I watched 2 seasons of How the West Was Won while making my match rig.

Archived