SASS Wire Forum

I've got M1 carbine fever! Anyone have one to sell?

Howdy,

I had one, sold it. regretted it.

Shopped for another, forgot about it.

Found one, grabbed it.

THE THING is you need to find out what they cost

and have that money ready when one comes along.

Want a super bargain? You will wait forever.

The second one I bought was on the shelf less than one day.

There are no more WWII guns being made.

The only way you can get ahead is if someone is too lazy

to read up and find out which carbines are rare.

Read up, good luck Happy hunting.

Best

CR

I have several, none I would sell at this point, however if you are just looking for a shooter you may want to consider a non military gun. The universal carbine is a good shooter but not the best, but an iver johnson or plainfield is a very good alturnative.

I would go to the Kahr Arms carbine myself. It's a copy of the 1942 style rifle. Stick with 15 round mags and it runs like a top. Picked mine up used, never fired with 8 mags for 600.00

I have a Universal one. From what I was told it's one that it was made up from available parts at some factory. It shot my Hornady ammo and some of my uncle's reloads without a hitch. PM me if you're interested. I'm keeping my original Winchester made one.

Cabelas in Wichita, Kansas has a bunch of them. At least 6 - 8 regular stock and two folding stock. Priced a little below $1,200 except for one paratrooper that was over $3,000 ($3,500 or something like that).

Howdy Doc,

I have an M1 that I haven't shot much in the last 10 years and from time to time have considered selling. It's a great shooter,but it's probably going to fit in the category of museum pieces... I purchased it from a friend's brother back in about 1975, who if memory serves correctly used it in the Vietnam war (I remember being told that, but who knows - I thought M1's were replaced by AR-15's at that point).

It's all original, has a parkerized metal finish and a mahogany colored stock. I've got the bayonet, and green sling, but don't have the original cleaning kit. It's appearance is quite nice, but I've never had it seen by a gunsmith, and I'll bet I've put a thousand rounds through it over the years. Let me think about it, and also figure out how I can insure it's in good working condition before selling it to you (without incurring much expense).

Best,

Big Hoss Harris

Archived