SASS Wire Forum

WTB S&W model 10

They have a game they play in Kentucky called "Hillbilly" that involves fixed sight da .38's, single shot shotguns and bib overalls (shoes and shirt optional). I'm looking for a mechanically good model 10 to pair up with the one I just bought. Prefer tapered barrel and wood stocks. Some finish wear is not a problem so long as the gun is sound. Let me know what you have. Not looking for minty, collectable (ie high priced) gun.

Please respond by PM only, not by posting on the thread. Also my listed email address in my profile is old so, again, please PM me. Thanks

They have a game they play in Kentucky called "Hillbilly" that involves fixed sight da .38's, single shot shotguns and bib overalls (shoes and shirt optional). I'm looking for a mechanically good model 10 to pair up with the one I just bought. Prefer tapered barrel and wood stocks. Some finish wear is not a problem so long as the gun is sound. Let me know what you have. Not looking for minty, collectable (ie high priced) gun.

Please respond by PM only, not by posting on the thread. Also my listed email address in my profile is old so, again, please PM me. Thanks

Please wear a shirt with your overalls.

You could just drive down to Bud's in Lexington - he has been selling them, in nice condition, for under $300 for months now.

They are now up to $320-350

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654/products_id/411545790/Used+Guns/Used%20S/W%20Police%20Model%2010%2038sp%20Square%20Butt/

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654/products_id/411545790/Used+Guns/Used%20S/W%20Police%20Model%2010%2038sp%20Square%20Butt/

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654/products_id/411555805/Used+Guns/Used%20S/W%20M/P%2040%20compact%2040S/W%202%20mags%20FS/

I just bought a 10-5 square butt in about 95% condition with square butt service stocks and 4" tapered barrel from a local shop for $325 out the door (includes 7% sales tax). I'd like to match that one up. With Bud's I'm looking at 70-80% and could get a heavy barrel or Pachmeyers. I'm not quite ready to make a 4-5 hour round trip to try to pick one out at Bud's, but thanks for the suggestion.

Archived