SASS Wire Forum

Back'At'Cha 2016

T-Bone SASS #36388

We are pulling out tomorrow with several stops planned along the way to enjoy the country as much as possible. We figure to roll into the ranch mid to late afternoon on Thursday after 1900+- miles on the road. Sure looking forward to our first trip to Texas.

Jailhouse Jim

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had to call and cancel. Gotta love it when you get to work instead of attend HUGE events like this one.

I know, I know: "It's better than looking for a job."

But it sucks... Also, missing Hellfire this weekend.

Had to call and cancel. Gotta love it when you get to work instead of attend HUGE events like this one.

I know, I know: "It's better than looking for a job."

But it sucks... Also, missing Hellfire this weekend.

Sorry to hear it Possum. I was looking forward to seeing you again.

that stinks , BUT , I may get something close to that , depending on what the DR has to say Mon :(

CB

Nope, no cancelations allowed.

You are already half way there! At least you would be if'n you was starting from here.

CB, I have some salsa and a bottle of Irish waiting for you.

Just think of all the folks you are going to disappoint if you don't make it.

Anyhow you already know that those doctors lie.

Heading out in the morning.

Decided the 17+ hours drive best be sliced into two days. Easier to chew that way.

Sad that the Earp's will not be joining us as Larry has the flu or some such malady.

Looking forward to meeting Wire and Facebook friends.

And seeing old friends that I haven't seen since Black Gold which already seems like forever ago.

I'm even looking forward to seeing Krazy Kajun. :P

Waimea

Heading out in the morning.

Decided the 17+ hours drive best be sliced into two days. Easier to chew that way.

Sad that the Earp's will not be joining us as Larry has the flu or some such malady.

Looking forward to meeting Wire and Facebook friends.

And seeing old friends that I haven't seen since Black Gold which already seems like forever ago.

I'm even looking forward to seeing Krazy Kajun. :P

Waimea

Yeah...it'll be good to catch up with you too. Desperado Don and I are leaving out very early on Wed. morning to get through Hotlanta before the morning crazies take over the interstate. We are driving straight through on I-20.....about 11-12 hours drive for us. I'll be at the range bright and early on Thursday morning to begin my sneak revenge attack on them chickens :wacko::blink::huh:

Kajun

Figure I'll be there afternoon on Wed... hopefully get a less muddy spot... Lookin' forward to meeting up with a bunch of y'all that're pretty much only WIRE faces & names @ present.

CB, I have some salsa and a bottle of Irish waiting for you.

Just think of all the folks you are going to disappoint if you don't make it.

Anyhow you already know that those doctors lie.

I'll bring us some chips and maybe some queso!!

I'll bring us some chips and maybe some queso!!

I gots a big bottle of Jameson hoping you would be there.

- watch out for the chickens they are nasty. They have kicked my butt more than once.

No worries Dave - My 11 yr old grand daughter cleaned the chicken stage in the shoot-thru Sat. ! Even Noz will be able to hit the 8 foot chickens :D :D :D :D

Not a problem hitting them they just kept jumping around and I got a P. Shot the match "Clean with a P".

No worries Dave - My 11 yr old grand daughter cleaned the chicken stage in the shoot-thru Sat. ! Even Noz will be able to hit the 8 foot chickens :D :D :D :D

LOL, no pressure then.... I ain't even left home and already I've gotten beat by an 11 yr old girl! :D Good for her.

Looking at my category, there's only one I ain't heard of, the others are way far out of my league, so I'll be just having fun bringing up the bottom of the category.

It will be fun to just see a bunch of folks I ain't seen in a while.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Started getting things staged so I can load them tomorrow night. One more day in the office, a nights sleep and we hit the trail.

Not a problem hitting them they just kept jumping around and I got a P. Shot the match "Clean with a P".

I know the feeling. Finished a 2 say annual up in Colorado some years back, shot cap guns, last stage was a clean match until I picked up my rifle & saw a case in the action.

I gots a big bottle of Jameson hoping you would be there.

Without my knowledge, Schoomarm has invented the Irish Martini!! :rolleyes::lol:

I haven't looked yet. so I'm not sure if she's gotten into my most recently acquired bottle. I'll be bringing whatever is there!! ;)

Got most everything loaded in the buckboard that I can tonight, just the irons and a few things in the morning and we hit the trail. Taking two days, long one tomorrow and a short one on Thursday and should be to the Bar 3 sometime after lunch.

Feels like I ain't at all ready for this, but ready or not, here we come....back at cha!

Arrived around 4:30 this afternoon. The place looks fantastic. A tremendous amount of planning and work has been done to make this a premier cowboy shooting venue. I can hardly wait for the lead to start flying. Gonna be a great week!!

Gonna' stampede the herd about 2:00 am!! See y'all sometime around lunchtime!!

AND AWAY WE GO!!!??

Gone to Texas!!

Well...now that sure was a fun match. Many thanks to all of the hard working folks at the Bar 3 ranch that made this event happen. I made some new friends and got to visit with some I ain't seen in a while. I did indeed pass a good time....AND AND AND....I shot the chickens CLEAN!

Kajun

I finally shot them damned chickens CLEAN!! With all that Black Powder and the 10 ga. shotgun besides, them critters is EXTRA CRISPY!!!

Thanks to everyone involved in making this match a success, AND thanks to our VETERANS who attended this match!!!

Good match, good fun! Too many friends to see so I didn't get to spend time with some that I wanted to. Only saw the Griz long enough to say "Hi". Thought I'd get back to him but never saw him again.

For those that didn't get there, the ALAMO stage has been named the "stage where clean matches go to die".

New chickens are not a problem. Not anywhere near the devilish former chickens.

It's not that I like the Bar 3 or TBone and his helpers or the range but I did put my application in for 2017 before we left Sunday. TBone said he thought he already had around 100 entries for 2017.

I do think I made a new friend, Korrupt Karl.

At least I think so. He badmouthed my shooting and I badmouthed his. I insulted him face to face and he returned the compliment. So were friends now?

Them dang chickens tore me up something fierce.

Noz- sorry didn't get a chance to visit, my head was swimming after the long drive there, and the whole weekend was a blur. Just got home after 14 hours straight thru, I'm gonna be numb for a week.

Archived