SASS Wire Forum

Back'At'Cha 2016

T-Bone SASS #36388

from San Antonio,You have to go by Fredericksburg then on Luckenbach and maybe Gruene and float the river for a spell, head over to Waco and check out the Texas Ranger Hall of Fame with time permitting turn East and travel to Mexia and visit Fort Parker, speed up a bit and maybe You can cruse Canton, Texas for the largest Garage Sale in the World the whole town is for sale. Keep on N.E. and make your trip unreal by visiting Old Washington State Park just outside Hope Ar. Spend the day at the park and take the tour and if you don't like the place I'll buy your lunch at the onsite diner, the old diner is awesome it has 5 star county food. When the day is over head back to the Red River and I'll be waiting for Ya on the front porch. T-Bone

Gonna get the map out and see how many of these places we can get to in our tight timeframe. If not, I will have a list for our next, much more relaxed trip to the Lone Star State.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're taking the long way from El Paso to English via San Antonio, take a few extra miles (28) and add in the Judge Roy Bean museum in Langtry, TX. Exit I-10 in Van Horn, TX and follow US90 east thru Marfa (at dusk so you can see the "Marfa lights", Then Alpine, Sanderson and take Loop 25 around to Langtry and visit the Judge Roy Bean Center, and back out to US90 and into Del Rio, (sadly the movie set Alamo, near Bracketville is closed), but you're on the way into S.A. to see the real thing... then continue up thru Waco and follow T-Bone's suggestion of a visit at the Texas Ranger Museum!

We are taking the long way to get there and the shorter way home so we can see as much of the state as possible in our time frame. I really wanted to go to Bracketville and was sad to learn Alamo Village has fallen on hard times. I'll be researching your suggestions as well :-)

Follow I-10 to Lake Charles Louisiana and follow 167 North up to Quitman. We are having our annual "Hell Fire" match the weekend before Back At Cha. Tons of stuff to do like the Bonnie and Cylde museum and visit the sight where they were ambushed. You can visit the Duck Dynasty shop and then your only 3 hrs from T-Bones. Visit our website for match apps and info @ www.jacksonholeregulators.com

Hope to see you guys,

Slick McClade

Don't think I can make the weekend before but the B&C museum sure sounds like something my wife would love. It goes on the list for our next trip.

I just bought a new target and picking "Rango" up in the morning. Man on Man fast draw competition?????

Aww jeez! ANOTHER rig I have to dig out and drag along???

Hey that sounds great TBone - now we just need an eight foot CHICKEN !! :o :o :D :D

Where can we find a 8 footed chicken ?????

Ya got a 5'5" Chicken coming

Scratch

Remember You have to be present to win.

BAC 2016---rule #1 claim your prize in FIVE minutes or we draw again..

Drawing for FREE guns every hour we are shooting..

If You are a registered shooter -YOU already bought raffle tickets.

Brick layers started today on the Alamo, stage #8.. We are all very excited about this project finally taking shape. This is the last stage to be renovated at the Bar 3. Soon it will be time to sit back on the porch and do a little sippin'.

Brick layers started today on the Alamo, stage #8.. We are all very excited about this project finally taking shape. This is the last stage to be renovated at the Bar 3. Soon it will be time to sit back on the porch and do a little sippin'.

Post a pic when done!

• 2 weeks later...

CAIN'T WAIT!!!

We are excited especially after listening to Yusta B tell all about it at Cheyenne WY Hell on Wheels last weekend!

Lizzy - you have have a ball! Been there twice in years past and making the trip again this year!

Who said we were gonna leave! ^_^

T-Bone's right, if ya never been to the Bar 3 for a big shoot, well let's just say boredom ain't in T-Bone's vocabulary. There's more stuff a happenin' than outta be allowed by law. I've seen scoot'n'shoots, toilet seat horseshoes, putt-putt golf, motorized mounted shooting, buffets & feasts like none other, parking lot cookout wars, vendors galore.....yup, I've left there plum wore out(in a good way) more than once! :)

Grass is mowed, targets are close. Stages are painted and trash cans are out. How much longer do we have to wait????

only 83 more days????

320 shooters at Back At Cha

1 gun given away every hour of shooting

Don't forget about the Vietnam Era Veterans tribute at opening ceremonies and safety meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend.

T Bone; Thank you for the Vietnam Veterans Tribute.... I'm excited to get to go to Texas and shoot my second time and to see the new stages....Are there any photos of what to expect? Looking forward to meeting Possum and seeing Blackwater, Tennessee, Ringo and all the other cowboys I don't get to see often enough. Really looking forward to this.

KK

KK, all the work and no pics anywhere that I know of, just lots of work and money. Our little range has been in operation now for near 15 years and just needed a tune up. We sure hope You like all the changes.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess one of my long chin whisker hairs just got wild....I just booked my room for Back at Cha. Still a touch on the iffy side if'n I'll be able to make it, but figured if'n I did, I'd want a place to park my carcass and git a little shuteye between all the shenanigans.

Just got back to reality after a week at Ponderosa Pines and the Black Gold Shootout!! The whole match and the party keep spinning around in my head!! Now I gotta' get my party face all wound up for BackAtCha'!!

Plannin' on bein' there the whole week and throwin' down with my pards!!

GRIZZ!! Sleep is over rated!!!

Comin' To Ya', On A Dusty Road!!!

We Got The Party, By The Truck Load!!!

Archived