SASS Wire Forum

Back'At'Cha 2016

T-Bone SASS #36388

T-Bone, is it SASS Sanctioned? I'm shocked that a sanctioned match isn't on the list.

Not quite SASS sanctioned - there are going to be a couple little twists just a hair different than SASS rules. The Bar 3 "added fun" approach. So it will be "All SASS rules apply - except ........"

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How come this 'big' event is not on the SASS Shooting Events page then? Or yet?

Not quite SASS sanctioned - there are going to be a couple little twists just a hair different than SASS rules. The Bar 3 "added fun" approach. So it will be "All SASS rules apply - except ........"

Well that explains that then.

Actually, a lot of S.A.S.S. matches don't appear on the events page!!

I am behind SASS 100 % since I started back in 2001. Everything I have done on my Range is for SASS members and people that shoot cowboy action. I have worked for SASS for several years in the past and if asked I would only hope SASS headquarters would sanction us in a minute. We will shoot and abide by all rules set in place. We have a few safety rules added by the owner of the Bar3 Ranch. Rude behavior will not be tolerated at any time by anyone. Please if your driving through Texas stop by the ranch and visit. Thanks. T Bone

I will say that if you go to the Bar 3 you may never want to leave. Looking forward to spending time with my Texas friends.

I gotta' second ol' Tombstone on that statement!!

As I remember it, we lost that cook off due to being "Out Cheated" by a certain young Cowboy stuffing ballet boxes. He went with the pretty ladies and not with the food. (Cant really blame him either)

As I remember it, we lost that cook off due to being "Out Cheated" by a certain young Cowboy stuffing ballet boxes. He went with the pretty ladies and not with the food. (Cant really blame him either)

I seem to remember it the same way Tombstone does!

That was the story as told to me by reliable witnesses!!

So could we say parking lot wars is back on for Back At Cha??? Who would be in for Friday night tailgate party. With 300 dollars prize money for the best party in the parking lot. Details will be in your next email blast.

My support can be secured with FOOD!!!

Or Irish!

Thanks everyone again from the very quite and humble Dooley family. This match has stirred up lots and lots of excitement and to quote Trump,,,,"It's gonna be Great" We have a workday this weekend and trying to get a wall built to keep out unwanted lead splatter. The ranch hands have worked there fingers to the bone and what did they get? Boney fingers!!!!!! Parking lot wars will start at 5pm and judging will start at 6. Prize money will be awarded to the best of show, best food, and overall Best of the Best. Remember it's pot luck night on Friday also so bring all those fixin' and lets muss things up a bit at the Bar 3. See Ya in the Badlands. T-Bone

EXCITEMENT????

That's a serious understatement. Everything I do in the gun area leads me back to"will this work for BAC or I'bet Black water will like this or I'm almost as good as TBone(Smiley face smiley face)"

I haven't been this cranked about a shoot since my first trip to CAC a while back!

I've got to get a new extractor for the 73 before BAC.

Thanks everyone again from the very quite and humble Dooley family. This match has stirred up lots and lots of excitement and to quote Trump,,,,"It's gonna be Great" We have a workday this weekend and trying to get a wall built to keep out unwanted lead splatter. The ranch hands have worked there fingers to the bone and what did they get? Boney fingers!!!!!! Parking lot wars will start at 5pm and judging will start at 6. Prize money will be awarded to the best of show, best food, and overall Best of the Best. Remember it's pot luck night on Friday also so bring all those fixin' and lets muss things up a bit at the Bar 3. See Ya in the Badlands. T-Bone

Who might this quiet and humble Dooley family be? I'm not acquainted with that branch of the family. lol!!!

Parking lot war is going to be great! Got a few new ideas rumbling around in my head! Scantily clad beauties won't be able to sway the voting enough this year!!!

My vote , can't be bought ,

except by Pretty girls and libations

CB :P

My vote is up for grabs as well, in this case only.

Kinda' makes those veterans of past Parking Lot Wars begin to salivate uncontrollably when they thick about it!!

We had a workday last weekend and with 20 sure enough great workers we got targets fixed, range mowed, cleanup -- cleaned up, buildings framed and repaired the shootin berms. What a weekend. Thank You all. Back At Cha 2016 promises to be the best match ever at the Bar 3 Ranch. Some would say,,,, It's Out of this World !!!!! See Yall in Lake Charles this weekend or on the trail. T-Bone and Ellie

And we all had a good time doin' it too .......... :P :P

So could we say parking lot wars is back on for Back At Cha??? Who would be in for Friday night tailgate party. With 300 dollars prize money for the best party in the parking lot. Details will be in your next email blast.

Last time I partied between shoot days, I wound up sleeping in the campfire... to say my shootin' suffered the next day would be an understatement! While I might not be a "contender" anymore... Tequila & I don't mix it up anylonger! And while it might be 25 years since those Margueritas... they were "the best"!!

Y B, you guys did outstanding job on the framing of stage six, Iron Maiden's train depot (aka big wagon garage). I was successful in avoiding all the heavy labor but enjoyed helping Daisy with The Garden (stage 12) and Dirt with shotgun target cables........not to mention visiting with my Bar 3 family. Range looks terrific. Wow, another new stage and slab poured for another, The Alamo.

This here event sounds like none I have ever attended before and we're sure looking forward to riding the 1700 miles to East Texas for the first time. I might want to borrow some Texas Truck plates when I cross the border so I don't have to battle my way across the state :o . I wonder if anyone would notice if I paint English, Texas or bust across the back of the 5'er and miss the Cali plates? :lol:

Archived