SASS Wire Forum

Do We Need to Address "Designer Jeans"?

Blackjack Zak

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cinch, SASS#29433
Posted · Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, July 31, 2015 - Unpleasantness.
Hidden by Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217, July 31, 2015 - Unpleasantness.

Well tell ya what - why don't you educate me and tell me what you meant by your comment: "We all know Roy and Dale, Curly Bill, and Gus"

Looking forward to you straightening me out on my lousy interpretation.

Phantom

So... Ya don't know who Gus is? How strange that hat makers all over are cornfusing their customers with a Gus crease. Folks don't ride horses to town much anymore but they do know what they are when they see them...

Hoppy wasn't on TV when I grew up so I guess I should wear Brady Bunch stuff and pretend I can't pull Ol' Roy up on the internet.

God only knows folks can't look in a book or something... Who is Remington or Russell anyway? No point in expanding horizons I reckon

Like this?

not-classy-muffintop.jpg

JUST BECAUSE IT ZIPS, DOESN'T MEAN IT FITS.

Blue in color,,,ck,,,, denim,,,ck,,long sleeve,,,,ck,,SASS legal..

TAT too

Edit: the title say 'just because it zips, doesn't mean it fits.' We don't know nor care at this point if it zipped. :mellow:

I've noticed, doing some research on historic cowboy gear, just for fun, that a lot of the stuff people in SASS seem to object to is actually fairly historically correct. I was surprised at the flashy, colorful gear in, for example, "COWBOYS & The Trappings of the Old West" from Zon Publishing. Multi-color boots and polka-dot shirts and such. Seems like designer jeans with shiny stuff might at least be in the same spirit. I have read that, around the turn of the century, Sears used sell the "Chief Moses" hat that came with red stars you could arrange on it. For guys walking around in blue and yellow boots with red stars on their hats, I don't know that designer jeans would have been out of the question.

My designer is Wrangler, but I can't see objecting to somebody else's jeans because they have more decoration.

I will only "address" designer jeans when they do the booty justice!!!! on a female that is!!!!! she sed Boobs,,, i git to say booty!!

I've noticed, doing some research on historic cowboy gear, just for fun, that a lot of the stuff people in SASS seem to object to is actually fairly historically correct. I was surprised at the flashy, colorful gear in, for example, "COWBOYS & The Trappings of the Old West" from Zon Publishing. Multi-color boots and polka-dot shirts and such. Seems like designer jeans with shiny stuff might at least be in the same spirit. I have read that, around the turn of the century, Sears used sell the "Chief Moses" hat that came with red stars you could arrange on it. For guys walking around in blue and yellow boots with red stars on their hats, I don't know that designer jeans would have been out of the question.

My designer is Wrangler, but I can't see objecting to somebody else's jeans because they have more decoration.

I agree.

Google a picture of Bloody Bill Anderson. Most likely, you'll get his death picture. The shirt he's wearing is easily within the rules for BW... Flashy has been in style for quite some time.

I will only "address" designer jeans when they do the booty justice!!!! on a female that is!!!!! she sed Boobs,,, i git to say booty!!

Jeans booty is the best lookin booty.

When I first found this thread, I thought designer jeans were the kind with ridiculous designs on the back pockets, not necessarily sequins. Like this:

designer_jeans.jpg

I'm just curious what started this whole thread in the first place.

My wife has some jeans that are a little blingy with some sequins and such. Don't worry, she has no plans on wearing them to a match.

When I first found this thread, I thought designer jeans were the kind with ridiculous designs on the back pockets, not necessarily sequins. Like this:

https://pecannelog.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/designer_jeans.jpg

My wife has some jeans that are a little blingy with some sequins and such. Don't worry, she has no plans on wearing them to a match.

Deleted

designer_jeans.jpg

Refer to post #1.

Rocky butts drive me nuts.

I suspect whut started it is my good pard the queen of bling the new world, national and TX state B Western champ. It has always been a given that when you ascend to the top rung in this sport lesser lights are gonna protest every thing they can out of pure dee oh jealousy. I thot she might chime in but I guess she is going with the discretion is the better part of...

Anyways, if they outlaw her pants she is still gonna whup the pants off all the also rans.

Can the rule, guys should have long ago learned the sheer folly of trying to dictate to the fairer sex what they can wear and what they can do. They are already exempt from the shirt rule

Rocky butts drive me nuts.

I suspect whut started it is my good pard the queen of bling the new world, national and TX state B Western champ. It has always been a given that when you ascend to the top rung in this sport lesser lights are gonna protest every thing they can out of pure dee oh jealousy. I thot she might chime in but I guess she is going with the discretion is the better part of...

Anyways, if they outlaw her pants she is still gonna whup the pants off all the also rans.

Can the rule, guys should have long ago learned the sheer folly of trying to dictate to the fairer sex what they can wear and what they can do. They are already exempt from the shirt rule

Not sure if it is about her.

But I have had people come up to us and complain about it.

Told them we really did not care either way. She wins because she is a good shooter.

But. They could be considered by many as designer. But not by others as designer.

SO.

Until they define it? It could come down to the MD as to what they are.

Shame on all the cowboys who outlawed Designer Jeans, unless it was to assist in their concentration! Cuz I can't think of nothing more beautiful on a woman than a pair of Sergio Valenti's or Calvin Klein's That's my opinion and I am sticking to it although Allie Moe will probably find something wrong with it and delete it without.

Shame on all the cowboys who outlawed Designer Jeans, unless it was to assist in their concentration! Cuz I can't think of nothing more beautiful on a woman than a pair of Sergio Valenti's or Calvin Klein's That's my opinion and I am sticking to it although Allie Moe will probably find something wrong with it and delete it without.

Why do you say that? Without what?

BTW, I think SV's logo is perfect, if logos were allowed.

sergio-valente-73400323.jpg

Archived