SASS Wire Forum

where to buy primers in bulk

evil dogooder

As my wife has started to seriously shoot more, I'm finding i need more supplies. Currently i buy primers at my local ffl but it's $39-$45 a 1000 and the most he ever has is one or two boxes. That lasts less than a month. Unless i want Winchester, but I've had so many problems with them lately i prefer not to use them. Is there a good dependable place where you can order in bulk? Say 5 to 10000 primers at a time?

Have bought from Powder Valley and always order as many as I can for me and any friends who are in need. Just hate paying the HAZMAT.

http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

Sorry for same info twice.

OLG - You are slightly faster than me!!

But-GREAT minds think alike..... :lol:

PVI is stock'd full of WW primers at this time. ;)

OLG

I wish i could go to gun shows but with 80+ hr work weeks i just don't have the time.

Lefty thanks your the tip i forgot about grafs.

I bought my last 10,000 from Cabelas on sale with free shipping. I also have bought from Natchez and Midsouth. Shop around. Availability and prices change.

I buy 10k of Sellier and Bellot primers from Graf and Sons and I believe they are about $21.00 per 1k before hazmat. I've never had a S&B primer not go bang.

I buy 10k of Sellier and Bellot primers from Graf and Sons and I believe they are about $21.00 per 1k before hazmat. I've never had a S&B primer not go bang.

+1

Occasionally I will get a batch of S&B that are a little harder to seat though.

Working an 80 hour week! How do you have time to load? Or go to a match?

I get 1 or 2 thousand at a time at MidwayUSA. But I can place order and drive over and pick them up. I have bought primers from Grafs but it seems MidwayUSA has had the better price.

Working an 80 hour week! How do you have time to load? Or go to a match?

Very carefully lol i generally do a double shift Friday so i can shoot Saturday. Which lately has been 6am to 6am then drive to the shoot. Loading is done late at night after the kids are in bed or before work in the morning. I really need to get a progressive press!

I do not always buy primers, but when I do, I press Federals and I buy in bulk 20k.

the wife and i have been talking about doing this. Then i would only need to buy once or twice a year.

I think besides powder valley and the usual box stores cowboy shooter supply would be on my list.

Graf and Sons has S&B LP primers for $117.00 for 5k.

I'm learning to really love those S&B primers, they load easy, go bang every time, and I like how compact the cards are that they come in.

As +1 to the post above, I'm have quite satisfactory results with ETR7. 8-16lb of poweder and 15K of primers makes for a good order to spread that hazmat around.

I buy from Local CAS vendors and my local mom and pop stores every chance I get.

The level of service I get is worth way more than any savings I might get from a big retail chain.

I try to buy local also but for some strange reason S&B primers are not available locally and rarely are other makes. I buy my powder locally but primers are very hard to come by at the local gun shops.

I heard Cowboy shooter supply will be coming to GUNSMOKE. A quick call to Joe and he would probably deliver for you.

Evil

Your pm box is full

Federals available at a couple places here locally if you need some

I figured when your wife got that buckle life would not be easy for you from there on out.

What are you gonna do when the kids start shooting - buy a gun store?

I heard Cowboy shooter supply will be coming to GUNSMOKE. A quick call to Joe and he would probably deliver for you.

They are great people to do business with.

Long time cowboy shooters that have supported and lot of matches.

Need to support them back if you can.

Evil

Your pm box is full

Federals available at a couple places here locally if you need some

I figured when your wife got that buckle life would not be easy for you from there on out.

What are you gonna do when the kids start shooting - buy a gun store?

Cleaned it out. Thanks.

It only took a year to talk her into switching to reliable, but not so pretty guns. Once that happened the switch flipped and game on. The hook is set deep. She hadn't competed in anything since college, so this was like an electric charge

She's burned more ammo this year than i have in the last two.

The kids already have a rifle. Thinking i may have to buy the gun store to afford 4 shooters lol

They are great people to do business with.

Long time cowboy shooters that have supported and lot of matches.

Need to support them back if you can.

I'll have to give them a call i see on their website they no longer ship hazmat

Archived