SASS Wire Forum

Army's Response to Armed Citizen's Protecting Recruiting Offices

Big Sarge

Here's the Army's response to armed citizens protecting the recruiting offices:

The Army has warned its recruiters to treat the gun-toting civilians gathering at centers across the country in the wake of the Chattanooga, Tenn., shooting as a security threat. Soldiers should avoid anyone standing outside the recruiting centers attempting to offer protection and report them to local law enforcement

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-to-recruiters-treat-armed-citizens-as-security-threat-1.359134

Awwww Crapola.

Clearing it to show it to a stranger?

I suppose his intentions were good, but his judgment wasn't.

Seems he is no stranger to accidental discharges.

Reed was convicted of the same offense in 2013, and was fined $50, court records show.

So all of us gun owners get a black eye, because of reckless behavior.

People are their own worst enemy.

Wonder why politicians don't suffer the same conciquences?

..........Widder

Wonder why politicians don't suffer the same conciquences?

..........Widder

The elite ruling class makes the rules, they don't have to suffer the consequences of those rules. Well, at least until the peasants storm the castle walls with pitch forks and torches.

At least with an M1 Garand, if they took away his ammunition, a fellow would have a good club, .

Or maybe one of those pointy/sticky thingys that Utah Bob has so many of. Put that on the end

of the rif..... no, probably stick somebody and put their eye out. A rubber band gun?

SSGT Buxton would not be pleased nor amused.

Reminds me of an old friend...

Stan was from a farming family, and was an officer in a small California Central Valley town. Life was good; then came that fateful day when he had the unfortunate "accidental discharge."

Might not have been so bad, but unfortunately, it happened in the locker room at the police station.

Even then, it might not have been so bad, but unfortunately, the bullet went through a locker containing cans of Mace. No one was physically injured, but needless to say, it was immediately attention getting... :rolleyes:

I was afraid something like this would happen. :(

I have to agree with the Army's position. Even without the accidental discharge of a weapon by the civilian, the security of the centers needs to be left to trained professionals, not the public.

The Lancaster police officer's statement as he was giving the order for civilian protectors to leave is spot on... “God bless you,” but they had to leave.

bobby b

I was afraid something like this would happen. :(

Yep always seems to bring out the worst and put them center stage so that their incompetence will be the leading story on the 6 o'clock news.

Really proves the old adage "One awe S*** wipes out a thousand that a boys"

Second offense in 2 years. Disarm this idiot

the U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to idiots too?

Then how about elderly that have family members take care of their finances?

Veterns that may have troubles adjusting?

Shall not infringe only applies only to war of Independece firearms?

Marine's response.

EouGs7.jpg

Link doesn't work UB

I can see it. :huh:

Interesting. I can see it on my desktop but not on the tablet. I"ll try to fix it.

Seems logical to me. While I applaud their intentions (Armed Civilians), I believe that the Military services should be able to

handle their own security. They are our National Defense for crying out loud. Of course when the politicians

get involved things tend to go south in a big hurry.

My advice to the "civilian security" gents interviewed on our local station:

lose 50 pounds,

wear long pants and a tucked-in collared shirt, not baggy shorts and a 3X teeshirt over your gut,

get a haircut and a shave,

ditch the baseball cap.

The saddest part was that I pretty much knew what they were going to look like before the piece came on the tube, alas....

lose 50 pounds,

wear long pants and a tucked-in collared shirt, not baggy shorts and a 3X teeshirt over your gut,

ditch the baseball cap.

The saddest part was that I pretty much knew what they were going to look like before the piece came on the tube, alas....

Yeah. inconspicuous clothing and a concealed piece would be my choice. I'm afraid a lot of Call of Duty afficianados came out of their basements for this and screwed it up for everybody. And how hard would it be for a wannabe Jihadist to put on a "Kill m All" T-shirt, and an American flag ball cap and go down to the recruiting office with a smile on his face?

No, conservative clothing and a 1911 under your shirt sez I. Less is more.

Wonder how many Armed Citizens are quietly and inconspicuously watching over recruiting stations with the intent to purposefully avoid drawing attention to themselves.

Hopefully a few.And hopefully they know what they're doing.

Yeah. inconspicuous clothing and a concealed piece would be my choice. I'm afraid a lot of Call of Duty afficianados came out of their basements for this and screwed it up for everybody. And how hard would it be for a wannabe Jihadist to put on a "Kill m All" T-shirt, and an American flag ball cap and go down to the recruiting office with a smile on his face?

No, conservative clothing and a 1911 under your shirt sez I. Less is more.

I agree. The best way to gett the drop on a bad guy is to not let him know exactly how many armed good guys are in attendance.

Hopefully a few.And hopefully they know what they're doing.

I would like to believe that if they had the good sense to remain inconspicuous that they are smarter than the average bear.

I agree. The best way to gett the drop on a bad guy is to not let him know exactly how many armed good guys are in attendance.

I would like to believe that if they had the good sense to remain inconspicuous that they are smarter than the average bear.

One would hope.

I don't think anyone wants to "get the drop" on a bad guy. The intent wold be to let them know it's best to keep right moving along.

I saw the whole thing as more of a protest than anyone really wanting to get into a gunfight with a terrorist.

I don't think anyone wants to "get the drop" on a bad guy. The intent wold be to let them know it's best to keep right moving along.

I saw the whole thing as more of a protest than anyone really wanting to get into a gunfight with a terrorist.

Well, you might be a deterrent, or you might end up being a target. I prefer not to tip my hand.

Some may have thought of it as simply a protest. I think many did not. No telling what the bozo who had the discharge thought.

• 2 weeks later...

the U.S. Constitution doesn't apply to idiots too?

Then how about elderly that have family members take care of their finances?

Veterns that may have troubles adjusting?

Shall not infringe only applies only to war of Independece firearms?

I'm not a constitutional lawyer, but...

No the rights enumerated in the constitution are not restricted on the basis of being an "idiot." This may depend a bit on how you define "idiot." Maybe they should be.

No, I don't believe the "shall not infringe" clause has been interpreted to only apply to Independence firearms. In my limited exposure to the clause, it seems to be discussed by federal judges much like a reasonableness test applied to the state restriction being challenged.

bobbyb

lose 50 pounds,

ditch the baseball cap.

Red, now that you mentioned it, I also got that mental picture. Sad and disappointing for sure.

Archived