SASS Wire Forum

I just can't bring myself to shoot an ugly rifle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got this bad boy accessorized the way I want it…I was going to take it to the range but I can't afford all the batteries yet.

m4a1-colt-cybergun.jpg

I used to have an M-4 but I sold it to buy my cowboy guns which I like way better. I probably never would have owned it other than having it for work.

Badger, those old cars did have a bigger back seat then the new ones.

Red Horse, how many guys, does that gun need to be carried around? Also it might be easier to plug it into the power grid, but it would cause a power outage.

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

Besides beautiful Model 70s, Ruger No 1s, and Winchester 73s and 86s and 92s; I cannot believe any one mentioned some beautiful shotguns, like the Winchester Model 21s; the Browning (Belgium) O/Us; the Parkers, the Purdys, Remingtons etc.

I do love shotguns! Cheers, Hoss

P.S. I even have a Black Shotgun: fully tricked out Mossberg Pump 500. It is ugly!

Besides beautiful Model 70s, Ruger No 1s, and Winchester 73s and 86s and 92s; I cannot believe any one mentioned some beautiful shotguns, like the Winchester Model 21s; the Browning (Belgium) O/Us; the Parkers, the Purdys, Remingtons etc.

I do love shotguns! Cheers, Hoss

P.S. I even have a Black Shotgun: fully tricked out Mossberg Pump 500. It is ugly!

I love Parkers. Also Ruger Red Labels. Krieghoff K-80s. Browning BT-99. I could go on and on.

Finally got this bad boy accessorized the way I want it…I was going to take it to the range but I can't afford all the batteries yet.

m4a1-colt-cybergun.jpg

I used to have an M-4 but I sold it to buy my cowboy guns which I like way better. I probably never would have owned it other than having it for work.

Can't you use your Ryobi 24 volt battery on that?

Can't you use your Ryobi 24 volt battery on that?

Not yet, but that does give me an idea for adding a drill attachment.....hmmmm

While on the topic of ugly rifles, I seen a young man at the range pick up one and point it down range. He gripped the forend in a most odd manner - at least to me. Elbow up about level, palm against the left side and thumb over the top. I've seen this style of hold before and since in pictures and videos. Is it the cool "tactical" style like shooting a pistol "gangsta" style or what?

Like shown in the first shot of the opening sequence here?

Seen a bunch of people do it. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be "tactical" or "competition" oriented.

It wasn't how the Army was telling me how to shoot the M4 before I called it a day.

Like shown in the first shot of the opening sequence here?

Seen a bunch of people do it. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be "tactical" or "competition" oriented.

It wasn't how the Army was telling me how to shoot the M4 before I called it a day.

Depends on what part of the army you're in maybe.

If you're doing 30 other things correctly, it's not a bad way to hold.

If you're not doing all the other things correctly, you just look silly.

The Israelis originally developed a center hold pointing technique for the Uzi that was similar. It was pretty effective.

Finally got this bad boy accessorized the way I want itI was going to take it to the range but I can't afford all the batteries yet.

m4a1-colt-cybergun.jpg

I would shoot that ugly gun.

With an M2.

Half of a 100 rd belt should do ut. ;)

m4a1-colt-cybergun.jpg

Is there a Master switch? Also, do you just blind the attacker or actually shoot him?

While on the topic of ugly rifles, I seen a young man at the range pick up one and point it down range. He gripped the forend in a most odd manner - at least to me. Elbow up about level, palm against the left side and thumb over the top. I've seen this style of hold before and since in pictures and videos. Is it the cool "tactical" style like shooting a pistol "gangsta" style or what?

That is pretty much the modern style for shooting an AR. It came from the 3-gun crowd. Similar to the modern isosceles stance for pistol shooting, competition shooters are pioneering techniques that later become commonplace with military, police, and the general public. Same with equipment (ex. red dot sights).

I use that hold with my AR; it works very well. I have somewhat adapted it to my 1873 shooting, far forward hold but without the thumb over the top since it would block the sight. I can definitely control the muzzle better with my hand farther forward.

Archived