SASS Wire Forum

I just can't bring myself to shoot an ugly rifle

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The American Rifleman Magazine arrived today. It is full of them.

I know that I am an old fogey but some of them are outrageous in my NSHO.

Badger, I completely agree. I was looking at all those black guns in the A. R. Magazine and thought, "I don't want no ugly gun!"

The concept of beauty changes with succeeding generations.

Boy, this generation has some changes in mind.

Glad I am past that stage.

There is one picture of a m14 with an adjustable target stock that makes my no button go crazy.

And then there are several with add on features to beat the band. Why would I want to buy a rifle

and then change everything around? Goes against my THIRRRRRRRIFTY side. If the manufacture

can't offer me a desirable firearm, he can go to the rear of the class as far as I am concerned.

I am not going to cover his mistakes with my money.

I'm glad someone is finally making some accessories to dress up the ole plain jane M1 Garand. Have any of y'all tried out the EBR version?

sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg

You ain't seen nuthin till you seen a tactical mosin!

Is there anything prettier than an original Winchester 73, in very good .. patina .. condition? Especially the saddle ring carbine. No exotic caliber ... just the common sizes.

Or a Sharps buffalo gun with a long barrel .... or any length Springfield trapdoor in 45-70. Don't wake me up now ............

Did I forget a 50 caliber Kentucky rifle? Oh, my gosh.

I don't mind AR style rifles or AK/SK style rifles. They serve a utilitarian purpose. They may have beauty in function but do not have beauty in form.

A graceful flintlock longrifle, there's beauty in wood, iron and brass.

GS

here's a pretty rifle (even though I did build it)

IMG_0363.jpg

I'm glad someone is finally making some accessories to dress up the ole plain jane M1 Garand. Have any of y'all tried out the EBR version?

sag_ebr_stock-tfb.jpg

I think I just threw up a little...

I like ARs, but for the life of me I will never understand why civilians see the need to deck them out with quad rails, optics, lights, lasers, and whatever else they can think of to put on them. I would love to have an M4 with a red dot, but just give me one with the old A2 style grip. The rails are flat uncomfortable to hold onto, and the slide on grips a pain.

Having said that, I love wood and steel best.

I think I just threw up a little...

I like ARs, but for the life of me I will never understand why civilians see the need to deck them out with quad rails, optics, lights, lasers, and whatever else they can think of to put on them. I would love to have an M4 with a red dot, but just give me one with the old A2 style grip. The rails are flat uncomfortable to hold onto, and the slide on grips a pain.

Having said that, I love wood and steel best.

I'd like to see an M1 Garand customized with a 16 inch barrel in the EBR configuration. Converted to magazine fed and maybe in .223??

If my wife's disability comes through, I'm thinkin' 'bout gettin' one o' these:FRS-15-California-AR15-Rifle-Stock.jpg

Joe,

You'll have to move out of Kalifornia first. Bet there are at least 10 things on that rifle that would give Boxer and fienstine nightmares for a year. :D :D :D

Or , Or , a Model 70 Featherweight , or a Ruger Number 1 , or a 50s era Mannlicher carbine.

The list goes on. And on. :lol: Rex :D

Anything with a full stock with a schnabel.

Actually, Sedalia... if it has a "Bullet Button Magazine Release" it'd probably be legal in California.

And STILL give both senators heart attacks and gizzard rot! :lol:

To achieve a more harmonious outcome, close the Rifleman, get thee to the magazine rack at the grocery and buy thisn.

vQaP7o.jpg

Actually, Sedalia... if it has a "Bullet Button Magazine Release" it'd probably be legal in California.

And STILL give both senators heart attacks and gizzard rot! :lol:

In that case maybe we should seen them each one for Christmas :D :D :D

With the sole exception of that beautiful flinter, the rest are living proof that SOMEBODY can FU...............FOUL UP ANYTHING!!! Hard to believe, but some manage to make an AR even uglier. I have some black rifles, but of course I didn't buy 'em for looks.

JHC

I don't have a problem with ugly black rifles. They were intended to be ugly.

But to take a classic design and make it into something that was not intended to be, is just,

well, criminal. There should be hard time on the chain gang for a lotta years for anyone that does.

I hope I am not opinionated about this.

Joe, there is a SteamPunk firearm in the latest issue of American Rifleman, that would make your day.

Weirdest firearm I've ever seen!!!

To achieve a more harmonious outcome, close the Rifleman, get thee to the magazine rack at the grocery and buy thisn.

vQaP7o.jpg

I got it and was quite excited about the "new" Inland carbine.....................................until I found out what they want for one.

I don't have a problem with ugly black rifles. They were intended to be ugly.

But to take a classic design and make it into something that was not intended to be, is just,

well, criminal. There should be hard time on the chain gang for a lotta years for anyone that does.

I hope I am not opinionated about this.

I'm not sure they were MEANT to be ugly, but it sure worked out that way. I'm sure back in the day folks thought 1911's, '03 Springfields, and Garands were ugly too. On the whole I agree. Guns are alot like fishing lures way I see it. They're designed to catch buyers more than fish!

JHC

Joe,

You'll have to move out of Kalifornia first. Bet there are at least 10 things on that rifle that would give Boxer and fienstine nightmares for a year. :D :D :D

Nope ... that is a CA compliant AR!

Archived