SASS Wire Forum

M1 Carbine

Big Sarge

*sigh...*

You guys are guilting me into dusting off some iron.

So how is the scoring to be done... do we send the targets someplace? Post pictures here on this thread? :)

And Cypress, this oughtta be your motive fore getting a replacement M1! ^_^

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We can post pics of our targets here. I'll edit the first post and list the scores for everyone.

*sigh...*

You guys are guilting me into dusting off some iron.

So how is the scoring to be done... do we send the targets someplace? Post pictures here on this thread? :)

And Cypress, this oughtta :ph34r: be your motive fore getting a replacement M1! ^_^

You can use a hole puncher then post the pics......................................we trust you! It'll be "virtual scoring" just like having "virtual guns" :ph34r::ph34r:

Don't need no stinnking hole punch. Just use an empty case with a rubber mallet to punch the holes. OOPS! Did I say that out loud.

Don't need no stinnking hole punch. Just use an empty case with a rubber mallet to punch the holes.

Honesty, measures a man/woman during his/her life, and I'm sure everyone in the Saloon one could trust their integrity. Besides, there's no Cadillac, buckle, or 5 cent discount on your next purchase. MT

You'll be able to tell whatever I shoot is the real deal.

Nobody would intentionally make the target look that bad...

Big Sarge, do you have any directions as to bullet. Should we use factory ammo. My pardner and I reload. Berrys makes a 110 gr 30 carbine plated bullet that can be pushed to 1950 For those that are interested. For me its not going to matter. I'm in Doc Wards category.

DocWard - Have you found a place to shoot the 100 yard tgt?

I haven't had the chance to look yet. The closest local outdoor range has a 90 yard range. 90? Really? :wacko:

Big Sarge, do you have any directions as to bullet. Should we use factory ammo. My pardner and I reload. Berrys makes a 110 gr 30 carbine plated bullet that can be pushed to 1950 For those that are interested. For me its not going to matter. I'm in Doc Wards category.

No restrictions on ammo. Use what shoots best from your M1 carbine

Nope. 90 yards.

http://www.miamivalleyshootinggrounds.com/shooting-range-info-i-58.html

I don't know it is due to property limits, or something else. It has been a long time, but I think the benches are set in, and there is a wall at the back, so shooting from 10 yards back would be quite the challenge.

Doc - I say shoot from 90 yards. This is a "fun" competition for bragging rights.

BMC - You still have time to sell that Garand and get you a carbine ;)

Doc - I say shoot from 90 yards. This is a "fun" competition for bragging rights.

Nooooooo....!!!!

Buy it a little sister!! :)

Shoot from 90 yards and we can take 10% off his score. That's about right, aint it? Truth be told, I'd be surprised if the typical shooting range had the ranges correct to within 10 yards anyway. I have a new rangefinder I intend to take to the range with me to find out.

Let's follow Marshal Dan Troop's lead and shoot from the bench. Five at 50 yards and five at 100 yards using the NRA 50 ft slow pistol target. Let me know if that's agreeable and who all is in

Seems some people are having problems finding the 50ft slow pistol targets. Just a suggestion, I see these all the time at Wal-Mart, Ganders, etc. The 25 Yard slow fire pistol targets. Also a little larger bullseye area for tired eyes. Since we're shooting for grouping and closest to center with the grouping. Its up to Big Sarge, but maybe the 25 yds (not feet), could be another choice? Just a suggestion. MT

Black bulleys area measures 5 1/4" across..

BLASPHEMY!!

I am bringing in a medicine man to purify my virtual gun safe, after that remark, Sarge. :P

Need Advice

Went out to practice today. I was using Federal 110 gr FMJ that has been collecting dust for years. I shot a 3 inch group at 50 yards. At 100 yards, I couldn't keep it on the paper. I'm going to try a good cleaning to remove any copper and some "fresh" ammo. Does anyone have some suggestions? To tell you the truth, this is the first time I have ever shot this one at 100 yards.

Sarge,

I load my own for the carbine. However, for factory rounds, I've always found the green box Remington to be very accurate in the Carbines I've owned. I still have one (well, except for the boating accident...) that shoots pretty well.

I sold a real shooter a few years back to fund another project and have kicked myself ever since. I've only regretted selling 2 firearms, that Carbine (near mint condition, no import stamp, matching parts Underwood) and a Ruger Speed Six 2.75" barrel in 357 mag. That was a sweet shooter too..

Alas, give the Remington green box a try.

GS

Need Advice

Went out to practice today. I was using Federal 110 gr FMJ that has been collecting dust for years. I shot a 3 inch group at 50 yards. At 100 yards, I couldn't keep it on the paper. I'm going to try a good cleaning to remove any copper and some "fresh" ammo. Does anyone have some suggestions? To tell you the truth, this is the first time I have ever shot this one at 100 yards.

Need more info. Were on the paper were your grouping and what sight picture on target did you have? MT

Here are my targets. I brought 20 rounds to range, put 2 targets at 50yds, (bottom for 5 round for sighting in, top for score. 50Ft timed rapid fire targets), same for 100 yds. But 100 yds with wind wipping around it was hard to steady, so I used 25yd slow fire targets, about same dimensions.

Not the best, but only brought 20 rounds along. So don't whip me to hard. MT

SDC15844_zpsbx2i25bg.jpg

SDC15845_zpsxoyzz9np.jpg

SDC15852_zpsn3k101sh.jpg

SDC15857_zps1k6foyiv.jpg

SDC15856_zpsendkld2x.jpg

Archived