SASS Wire Forum

M1 Carbine

Big Sarge

Howdy,

Ive never seen 30 carbine lead ammo......

Best

CR

I cast 110 grain gas checked round nose for mine. I run a bunch through it too. No leading yet but I clean it almost every time.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Marshal Dan Troop that's some fine shootin. I'll be lucky with my eyes to hit paper

Question; I ordered targets and they came today. Says there are fifty yard slow fire pistol. The black bullseye measures 8 inches across. Is that right seems as though I read 6 or something earlier.

Personally, its all for fun. I left the house and forgot my rest, so doubled up my gun case to act as one. Windy, so switched to larger paper target. If I had brought along more ammo, I would have liked to improve my grouping. But decided on 5 and 5. 5 to check, and 5 for the forum on each.

I'm sure there are way better carbine shooters here. Only the M1A and AR do I spend a lot of time practicing each month with. MT

I got my targets shot today but can't get them to show up on here. I copy them to my clipboard and when I try to paste them it tells me my security settings won't allow access to the clipboard and to hit control V. when I do that nothing happens

Well, I was going to punch some paper today, but I ended up doing honey dews.

I got the targets. I got the bullets. I got the scope. I got the cheat sheet ready.

I got you everyday virtual M1 Garand. I got your virtual everyday M1 Garand fodder.

I even have the target frame, all ready for the paper target to be stapled on to it.

AND, I have a homemade bullet catcher to catch the brass so I don't have to chase it.

What I don't have is a chance to do it. Momma has me working today, range is closed

for Black powder shooters tomorrow. Monday, I have to drive up to Everett which is

in the other direction, and I really need to take some stuff to the transfer station. Perhaps

Tuesday. Dare I hope?

I emailed my target pictures because I couldn't get them to transfer to the sass wire. I had a real problem with the sights as my Carbine has the original WW2 flip style sight. The battel sight was shooting OK with a 6 o'clock hold at 50 yards but way under the target at 100. so, I had to shoot the long range sight and that was 18" high at 100 yards. I tried to hold under but never was able to get more than two shots out of five in the scoring rings before I ran out of ammo. Hope you guys with the later Korean war sight have better luck.

Bugs

I emailed my target pictures because I couldn't get them to transfer to the sass wire. I had a real problem with the sights as my Carbine has the original WW2 flip style sight. The battel sight was shooting OK with a 6 o'clock hold at 50 yards but way under the target at 100. so, I had to shoot the long range sight and that was 18" high at 100 yards. I tried to hold under but never was able to get more than two shots out of five in the scoring rings before I ran out of ammo. Hope you guys with the later Korean war sight have better luck.

Bugs

On 50 yds I aimed 6 o'clock, at 100yds I aimed just a hair above dead center. Using the front ears also to outline the target. MT

Archived