SASS Wire Forum

Shooting glasses

Silvertip

I recommend Randolph Ranger Shooting Glasses. They have any style shooting glasses you might require. Just contact one of their dealers for assessing your needs.

I have been wearing the older Randolphs with the individual snap in lenses. You can get them in any prescription you need, and get them in any tint you desire. You can add side shields on these, which I highly recommend for CAS shooting.

I now wear the new wrap around style lenses since I no longer need correction. After Cataract surgery, I now have 20/15 vision without correction. The wrap around's give you great side protection.

RBK

I recently went to Stanton optical and since my eyesight changed with my last medical issue I took my Ruger in with me for the eye test (minus the cylinder) I told the Doc I wanted to have focus on the front sight of my pistol and told him I brought it along in a disabled state.

It wasn't the first time he had had this request. At anyrate, I got two pair of sunglasses of two different tints that I have only dry fired with, but it is helpful to focus on my sight.

KK

Silvertip,

I have worn glasses since the second grade. When I got serious about shooting WBAS my optometrist said no problem. After having my prescription filled for regular glasses he asked me to measure the distance from my eye to the front sight of my 1911. He then calculated and sent a prescription to my glasses maker who put that prescription in a Wiley X frame. This duo have checked my eyes and made me glasses longer than I can remember.

The glasses are set up for a crystal clear front sight with the right eye and distance in the left eye (just like lasic). I also had the lenses made in photo grey, which is clear in low light and dark in the bright NM sun. That has worked real well for me, but personally I would rather you stay blind!

JFN

Like use WileyX, my last pair of scripted lens got lost when I head butted my bike in 2012 when I wrecked it breaking my nose, femur in four pieces, knee twice, fibula and tibula. My eyes have been giving me fits because of my diabetes being out of control so no new lenses but still use WileyX frames and the tinted lens and shot EOT clean. So I guess I can see the front sight fine.

Archived