SASS Wire Forum

Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi All,

When I got home from work yesterday there were five more entries in the mailbox, (215) with 45 days until the fun starts. The last month is always hectic. Please get your entry in as soon as possible. Thanks to all of you for helping to make our matches successful.

Flat Top

I am pleased to announce that we now have our Main Match Sponsor: Mernickle Custom Holsters. Bob Mernickle has generously donated a custom made rig in the new HP1, or Holy Terror, or Quick Cal style. This is a $1000 value! This will be our grand prize drawing at our awards banquet, and will be drawn from the shooter's list.

Check back often to see additional sponsorship announcements.

Gee wish we could be there!!! :(:(:(:(:angry:

Yea, gunna miss sooo many friends, bit heartbreaking, but hope to catch up with y'all at WR next year.

We hope to see you there!

Can I reserve a spot in line right now?!?! :blush::)

Hurricane I'll put you on my list!!! Thanks!!! What would you like done???

We have officially hit 225 registered shooters. The updated list will be posted shortly at - http://cowboy.okcgunclub.org/reddirt/new.html

There's only 16 spots left for the morning warm-up match, and 23 for the afternoon match. There is only 22 spots left for the Wild Bunch shoot.

We have officially hit 225 registered shooters. The updated list will be posted shortly at - http://cowboy.okcgunclub.org/reddirt/new.html

There's only 16 spots left for the morning warm-up match, and 23 for the afternoon match. There is only 22 spots left for the Wild Bunch shoot.

I like the listings that show the states (or country) the shooters are from.

Scout

Missouri Mae! Expecting a check next week! Will get application out to you a sap when it arrives!

Hi All,

We received a call from two shooters who had sent their application, but applications had not been received by us. Please check the most recent shooter list posted. If you have entered and your name is not on the list, please contact Missouri Mae with your information. All entries received as of Saturday Sept. 5th have been entered and confirmation e-mails have been sent.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Mae,I just received a call wanting to know if there are any RV spots still available?RCD

RCD, all the spots on the cowboy range are full. We still have spots at the shotgun range. They can contact me directly at 405-517-8433 if they have questions.

Because all of the RV hookups at the Cowboy range are full, I wanted to add a comment for those who may wish to camp at the Soutwest Regional but do not yet have a reservation. Let me assure you that the RV spaces at the Shotgun range are very nice. They are all 50 amp electric and there is more space than at the Cowboy range. There is a covered patio at the shotgun club house and there are new flush toilets and showers. Several of us from the Territorial Marshals have camped there for years at Land Run to leave the RV spaces at the Cowboy range for our guests. We will be there for the SW Regional and truth is, we like it over there and the gate to the Shotgun range is only a few hundred yards from the gate to the Cowboy range. Come join us, we'll have a great time.

As I was able to secure two separate rooms for our RO classes. I have changed the time for the ROI to 1:00-5:00, the ROII class will start at the same time. Registration will now open at 12:00. Hopefully this will allow shooters to arrive Wednesday morning and have time to check-in and get to class. (The schedule on our webpage will be updated shortly.)

Check and applications for shooting and vending are on their way!!! Thanks MM!!!!

Shoot!!! Forgot to put a reminder that I need to shoot Saturday am wave due to being a costume judge!!! Please!

Hello All,

Missouri Mae and I will be at The Oklahoma State Championship this weekend, so confirmations for any entries sent his week will probably not be sent to you until Monday the 21st. Don't worry if you don't receive your confirmation until then, we are not turning anyone away. As mentioned in an earlier post, if your entry was sent in prior to this week, please check the shooter list to verify your status and call or e-mail if your name is not included. We had two entries, which were lost in the mail.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Hello All,

Missouri Mae and I will be at The Oklahoma State Championship this weekend, so confirmations for any entries sent his week will probably not be sent to you until Monday the 21st. Don't worry if you don't receive your confirmation until then, we are not turning anyone away. As mentioned in an earlier post, if your entry was sent in prior to this week, please check the shooter list to verify your status and call or e-mail if your name is not included. We had two entries, which were lost in the mail.

Thanks,

Flat Top

Good luck to you both at State. Have some FUN!

Scout

Hi all,

We are back from Ruckus "N' the nations, The Oklahoma state Championship, so we will get all the entries from the last few days and get confirmation notices and an updated shooter list posted. I expect we will be between 250 and 260 after Mae goes to the post office today. By the way, The Oklahoma State Championship was great and our club was well represented and RCD and Mae won it again.

Flat Top

Hello All,

I was right. We had a large stack of entries when we got home. 256 registered shooters with 3.5 weeks to go. We expect the numbers to continue to climb. You still have time if you have not mailed your entry. Listed below is the count by state and the current list of shooters will be on our website.

Alabama 2

Arkansas* 25

Colorado 3

Florida 3

Iowa 1

Kansas* 17

Louisiana* 0

Michigan 2

Minnesota 1

Missouri 14

Mississippi* 1

Nebraska 5

New Mexico 3

Oklahoma* 81

Texas* 94

Wisconsin 1

Wyoming 2

The states with asterisks are the states which make up the Southwest Region. Thanks to all of you who have signed up and are supporting us and SASS, both in and out of the Southwest Region. Those of you who can not attend will miss a great match.

Flat Top

Archived