SASS Wire Forum

Southwest Regional Championship

Flat Top Okie

I contacted Roxy West (Slipnoose's replacement) last week, looking for some help in finding someone to teach the ROII class at Regionals. She quickly sent out an email to all RO Instructors in the SW Region, and I've already received four positive replies. First, it looks like she's going to do a fine job. Second, what a great group of people we SASS people are! So many of us are always ready to step up when asked. Third, this means we will be able to have the ROII class. So, thanks to everyone that replied, I'll be in touch with details soon.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Outrider,

We look forward to seeing you and we will do our best to help you enjoy your experience. We understand how expensive traveling to matches has become and we know that most shooters can't attend every match that they want to. Every decision our club makes as related to The Southwest Regional and Land Run are made with these considerations in mind. Be sure to look me up and say "howdy" when you get here.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

I sure will pard!

Thanks FTO, makes a difference what caliber I shoot. Will send in registration soon. Really looking forward to this event. I've made several Land Runs in the past but it's been a while since I've shot with you fine folks.

Scout

Entry went in the mail today!

Entry went in the mail today!

Bout time you sent it in. Be good to see you again.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

Bout time you sent it in. Be good to see you again.

Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee

It will be good to see you again also. I plan on making some smoke, and look good doing it. 😎

We have just added a Cowboy Swap Meet on Thursday. Take advantage of a chance to clean out your closet or safe! All that we ask is you label everything with your alias and $$. We'll have workers keeping track of your sales, so you can shoot side matches instead of watching your gear.

We are down to just a few RV spots with water and electric on the cowboy range. If you want a spot, please send your application in Soon. There are still spots at the shotgun range down the road and at our main club around the corner.

Hello Everyone,

I thought you might like to see the breakout, by state, of the 180 shooters registered to date for the Red Dirt Rampage, The Southwest Regional Championship. Please keep in mind that the Southwest Region includes Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

Oklahoma 60

Texas 66

Arkansas 18

Kansas 9

Missouri 9

Nebraska 5

Alabama 2

Colorado 2

Michigan 2

New Mexico 2

Wisconsin 1

Wyoming 1

We are missing a lot of you shooters from Louisiana and Mississippi. With just two months to go, it's time to get those entries coming and a special thanks to all those shooters from other regions. We will do our best to help everyone have a good time.

Flat Top

Cmon, where are all the MS & LA shooters for this Regional.?

There are some good shooters there, get your entries in fast!

Mississippi and Louisiana are in the southeast not southwest except in SASS' crazy divvyin' up of the country...

So are you saying those folks don't have to support their regional because they deem it's in the SE??? :(

There were many at the last regional in Texas??.........and OKC wouldn't be any further than Clarksville!

And besides we have a ton more better facilities, restaurants, motels, freeways etc.all close to the range and one of the best ranges in the region.

Looking forward to seeing y'all soon for a great shooting event, and probably the best banquet facility in the country and a free entry to the cowboy museum. :P

No, Jack I ain't sayin' that at all nor can I speak for the denizens of the southeast section of the country. Of course they should, all that can, come to OKC and shoot.

All I am saying is that Mississippi and Louisiana are NOT in the southwest and never will be. SASS should come to their senses

Hi Lone Dog,

I appreciate your comments and your candor. I am sure you understand that the regions are set by SASS and not the clubs within those regions and I hope you won't allow your feelings about the regional assignments to prevent you from

coming to our match and enjoying our range and the hospitality of our cowboys and cowgirls. The Territorial Marshals work very hard to offer a quality match that everyone can enjoy, regardless of their abilities. If you have not visited the

National Cowboy Hall of Fame (our banquet location) a visit to the museum is worth the trip. I hope to see you and as many of your friends as possible in October.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

Hello Everyone,

I thought you might like to see the shooter breakdown by state. We are still missing our friends from Louisiana and Mississippi. Thanks to all who have signed up. We appreciate your support. The entries are really starting to pick up now so I expect a great crowd.

Alabama 2

Arkansas 19

Colorado 2

Kansas 12

Michigan 2

Missouri 12

Mississippi 1

Nebraska 5

New Mexico 2

Oklahoma 70

Texas 71

Wisconsin 1

Wyoming 1

Hi All,

Mae is beginning to group posses to accommodate shooter's requests and noticed that many of the friends that you requested to shoot with are not signed up yet. Look at the shooter list and remind any of your friends who are not signed up, to send their entry in as soon as possible to help us to keep your group together. We look forward to seeing of many of you as possible.

Thanks,

Flat Top

FTO, yes I know SASS does the divvying up of the country. Just observing that I do not see how they can say certain states have any association with the southWEST when noONE has ever made that association before. Never. No way, no how. No skin off my nose tho, I just think it is well. to put it charitably, goofy as all get out. They need to re-think this and re-draw the regional boundaries.

I may not be the onlyiest one thinking like this since only 3 shooters from those southEAST states have signed up so far.

Hope I can make it and planning on it...

FTO, yes I know SASS does the divvying up of the country. Just observing that I do not see how they can say certain states have any association with the southWEST when noONE has ever made that association before. Never. No way, no how. No skin off my nose tho, I just think it is well. to put it charitably, goofy as all get out. They need to re-think this and re-draw the regional boundaries.

I may not be the onlyiest one thinking like this since only 3 shooters from those southEAST states have signed up so far.

Hope I can make it and planning on it...

At 11.58 pm I think it's time you retired......like me.

Archived