SASS Wire Forum

True Detective

It's been awhile since I held my breath during a TV shoot-out....

Just watched the latest True Detective episode on HBO. Jeez...a dozen cops with pistols against a bunch of drug boys with full auto weapons, running gun battle, everybody finally dead in the end except 3 cops. Absolutely horrendous and compelling at the same time.

Scary. But good.

LL

I thought it was interesting that both cops at the end of the shootout were absolutely shaken by the events, yet the PTSD soldier/detective was sort of emotionally level with the whole scenario. Obviously his character had seen some heavy fighting over in the "Sandbox".

I thought it was one of the better ones I've seen on TV in a while. Swat available or not though, I had to wonder why all those cops were willing to go into that known bad area with no rifles.

And did anyone else notice the lead girl actor would have shot the ground about 15 feet in front of her every time she pulled the trigger?

I thought it was interesting that both cops at the end of the shootout were absolutely shaken by the events, yet the PTSD soldier/detective was sort of emotionally level with the whole scenario. Obviously his character had seen some heavy fighting over in the "Sandbox".

Picked up on that. Really hoping they weren't trying to do a hollywood "statement" and make it seem like a modern soldier was unaffected by innocent blood being spilled...

As a former po-po. (Was in more than one shoot'n) I have a hard time believing that none of those 'cops' had a shotgun of rifle with them on a 'door-kick'. :wacko:

Gotta love TV- <_<

The very best 'shoot-out' that was ever film'd is the one in movie, "Heat".

OLG

Archived