SASS Wire Forum

need help with MEC sizemaster

Hoss

Having trouble with the primer mechanism. Can anybody take some pics or vidio of theirs in action and send to me. I need to look at the underside of the primer tray, where the spring, chain and lever are located. I think mine may have gotten bent or something while not in use, and I cant sem to get it back working correctly. Especially the lever part.

Being dyslesic makes trying to figure out these sorts of things especially difficult!

send to:

jrooney@brownwatermarine.com

thanks!

Turn a tray of primers upside down next to the press. Then hand feed them into the primer seating die. Almost as fast as pulling the chain and then waiting for the primer to hopefully drop into the hole and fiddling moving the primers into the que.

My primer feeder now has rested long term in a parts box!

I bought an old Sizemaster off of ebay years ago. The primer feed didn't work well when I received it, but I messed with it and got it to work. It has been going strong ever since. Let me take a look, and see if I can remember what the issue was. I seem to recall having to bend the bracket to get the angle just right.

I'm thinking something got bent. it was working fine last time I used it, put it on shelf in garage, next time it would not work properly.

Make sure the arm that actuates the feed is not bent. This is the arm that sits on top of the final crimp die. My 600 jr uses the same primer feed and I had a similar issue. The arm was catching the adjusting nut and causing the press to bind. Arm should ride on the outer portion of the die and not touch the lock nut.

Hoss… Just sent a video of underside of primer tray during last two crimping steps (and primer loading step) to your email… … RR

Turn a tray of primers upside down next to the press. Then hand feed them into the primer seating die. Almost as fast as pulling the chain and then waiting for the primer to hopefully drop into the hole and fiddling moving the primers into the que.

My primer feeder now has rested long term in a parts box!

OK - so I'm not the only one... :ph34r:

Archived