SASS Wire Forum

Pit is built, Need shotgun targets

Key Hay

I finally got my practice pit built so now I need some shotgun targets. Looking for lolly-pop type like ones used a lot here in the South. For practice I think I just want ones that just swing when hit (no need to reset). Anyone around the Charlotte area make anything like this?

Howdy Key Hay.

you could use what I use........... aluminum pie plates.

No more than what hit em, they last a long time..... :lol:

p.s. - I agree in the lollipop style KD's. Those are my favorites also.

..........Widder

Key Hay....we gotta a cowboy shooter whose alias is Pig Iron Lane here in GA that makes shotgun targets. He's sold them to several ranges around GA and a few in FL....probably other places too that I don't know about. I bought one to add to my buddy's collection where I practice. He can make you pretty much whatever you want and his pricing is reasonable as well. He lives near Alpharetta GA just north of Atlanta. Its not near Charleston but it ain't too far. You oughta just make a trip to GA one weekend and shoot with us and take your targets back home. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Kajun

Howdy Key Hay.

you could use what I use........... aluminum pie plates.

No more than what hit em, they last a long time..... :lol:

p.s. - I agree in the lollipop style KD's. Those are my favorites also.

..........Widder

You must eat a lot of pies Widder!!! lol...

You must eat a lot of pies Widder!!! lol...

Nope..... but my evil twin does. :lol::lol::lol:

Krazy is usually Crazy, ifn ya know what I mean. But when it comes to good suggestions like the one he posted, he is on the money with this SG maker.

Our club buys from him also and they are of THE BEST quality.

Make a trip to GA and shoot a good match. Pick up some new SG Targets while there.

You'll be glad you did.

..........Widder

Key Hay....we gotta a cowboy shooter whose alias is Pig Iron Lane here in GA that makes shotgun targets. He's sold them to several ranges around GA and a few in FL....probably other places too that I don't know about. I bought one to add to my buddy's collection where I practice. He can make you pretty much whatever you want and his pricing is reasonable as well. He lives near Alpharetta GA just north of Atlanta. Its not near Charleston but it ain't too far. You oughta just make a trip to GA one weekend and shoot with us and take your targets back home. Let me know if you want his contact info.

Kajun

Krazy, Can you PM me his info? Thanks!

The Belton Bushwhackers have some SG targets that consist of a vertical rectangular target face atop a coil spring. When hit the target moves but resets itself. I call 'em "Weebles" because "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down." I will ask the MD about them.

The Belton Bushwhackers have some SG targets that consist of a vertical rectangular target face atop a coil spring. When hit the target moves but resets itself. I call 'em "Weebles" because "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down." I will ask the MD about them.

That sounds interesting! Got a picture of one?

Key I might be in ga later this year for other things and Kajun I'm gonna try to shoot with you again plans are not finalized yet as several thing need purchasing before I can map it out. But from ga I'm going to be heading to charleston to see the grandbabies and shoot the givens fairy match if possible. So if it does work out I'd be more than happy to have the targets placed in my trailer and have you unload them when I arrive in charleston.

You can see them in this video, although I don't think it shows "hard hits" that cause the target to move more:

Thanks Abe!

Archived