SASS Wire Forum

Damn, This game and you people make me smile!

Silver Shadow

awwww, not me at all,,,, 15 years and I'm still looking,,,,,

and I've got some beachfront property for sale in Phoenix tooo!!!!!!

This game? You bet your aunt Fannies fanny it makes me smile. Still get as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning when I have a match coming up.

They people? Most of them do make me smile, yes. Some make me laugh, and most of the times in a good way even :D

I know it does Dave. I thoroughly enjoy your contributions on the wire, and I love watching your videos. You are definitely on the "one of the people I've got to meet" list. One of these days, the Contessa and I are going to make a pilgrimage to Colorado and come shoot with you guys. Hopefully I can take that opportunity to introduce myself to you in person.

Mr. Culpepper, I wish I had realized you were at EOT this year before I saw you on the stage getting your picture took. I would really have enjoyed shaking your hand also.

:) SS

I know it does Dave. I thoroughly enjoy your contributions on the wire, and I love watching your videos. You are definitely on the "one of the people I've got to meet" list. One of these days, the Contessa and I are going to make a pilgrimage to Colorado and come shoot with you guys. Hopefully I can take that opportunity to introduce myself to you in person.

Mr. Culpepper, I wish I had realized you were at EOT this year before I saw you on the stage getting your picture took. I would really have enjoyed shaking your hand also.

wud have enjoyed meeting you!!!

Shadow - the pleasure will be mine. Maybe you could come down for the Shootout at Pawnee Station next year. Even though this years shootout is still a week away, planning is already underway for next years match. I'm still waiting on confirmation for the dates, but I'll let everyone know when I know for sure.

Dave, I just talked to the Contessa, and we are penciling in The Shootout for next year(we'll get out the chisel and the granite when the dates are confirmed). July is a real good option for us and between the opportunity to shoot with you folks and having family in Cheyenne, I think we could make a real nice trip of it. We would have considered coming this year, but, we are going to be shooting, for the first time, with the fine folks in Price, UT that weekend. Hope to see some old friends and make some new ones.

Funny you should mention this, it's exactly why I'm no longer in any of the 1911 games. I most definitely don't want to paint entire organizations in a bad light just because of my experience but, the local 1911 games got to be far too cutthroat for my taste. I found that no matter how good or bad I shot, I was leaving matches highly agitated instead of being happy. Then I found SASS and saw all the fun people were having. That's why I'm here; I can get every bit of competition I crave but will ALWAYS leave a match with a smile because the game and the people are so darn much fun.

It seems like the more venues I get to and the more people I meet, plus, the extra trigger time I get, that helps me feel better about my shooting, the better it gets, and the bigger my smile gets. I don't have very many awards or buckles, beyond a few custom handmade awards from local matches(which I treasure, because I know the heart that went into them), but If you think the champions, at EOT this year, came home feeling any better about their experience than I did.. well.. I'd love to sit down with you and have a passionate discussion to the contrary.

Bull, I hear you. I've participated in a few other disciplines also, and your right, the smiles per gallon are just not the same. I was sorry to hear of the demise of Philly Slim. I was looking forward to a chance to shoot with him, also, someday, but, I'm looking forward to shooting with you, just as much, hopefully someday. ;)

awwww, not me at all,,,, 15 years and I'm still looking,,,,,

and I've got some beachfront property for sale in Phoenix tooo!!!!!!

That's nothin', I got a lovely desert island right off the shores of Lake Erie. First $1,000,000.00 takes it!

This game? You bet your aunt Fannies fanny it makes me smile. Still get as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning when I have a match coming up.

They people? Most of them do make me smile, yes. Some make me laugh, and most of the times in a good way even :D

+1

I had a big smile this past weekend when I shot my fastest stage ever! Then some little girl went and beat her Pa's time..... Now SHE had a smile!!!!!!

And me kinda too....

Kaya beatin' her daddy makes me smile tuu..... :D :D :D

Oh, I beat her for the match! I was expecting some pats on the back or a 'good job', something.... But I got booo'd! Wow, my friends!

yur lucky thay dint string u up!!!!!

give her a hug for me!!!

Bull, I hear you. I've participated in a few other disciplines also, and your right, the smiles per gallon are just not the same. I was sorry to hear of the demise of Philly Slim. I was looking forward to a chance to shoot with him, also, someday, but, I'm looking forward to shooting with you, just as much, hopefully someday. ;)

You didn't miss much SS. Just ask Grizzly Dave, Philly Slim was a bit of a stuck up snob. You know how those guys from the East coast are. :P

Since my lovely bride is from Idaho Falls, we may get the chance sometime soon. :)

You didn't miss much SS. Just ask Grizzly Dave, Philly Slim was a bit of a stuck up snob. You know how those guys from the East coast are. :P

Since my lovely bride is from Idaho Falls, we may get the chance sometime soon. :)

Philly Slim was as Bull says, unless you caught him on a full moon when he turned in to Mongo, then he was fun. Haven't met the Bull yet, but have met his lovely bride, she can posse with me anytime, and if Bull ain't there, all the better :D:P

If you don't have a good time at a shoot....it's your own fault. I've been involved in a lot of activities in my life, but none compare to the fun I have with this sport. The friends I've gained, the support group that my wife and I have and as someone earlier stated....the anticipation of an upcoming shoot.

It's not just the shooting and the guns....don't get me wrong....I love guns and shooting, but I enjoy the interacting with all the "characters" that participate in this sport. I know that I can be anywhere in this country and a new friend is just a phone call away if I need help.

When you consider that some will only shoot for a minute or two at a shoot and some of us will shoot for several minutes....this leaves a lot of time to enjoy....and I can tell you if you ever posse with me, you will have a good time....

God I love this sport.....and yes I smile.

KK

Archived