SASS Wire Forum

NOMINATIONS for CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL 2015...

Ghost, SASS #50125

There you are Bill.

That's good news.

I wasn't sure of your intentions and saw that you were not shooting CC at home either. It led me to think you'd moved on looking for more competition.

In that case, if I'm allowed to I'll nominate you too!!!

If not I'll find a number of people that will....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again I have to throw Turquoise Bills name out there, he has lived Classic Cowboy for as long as I have known him, his efforts with his home club go above and beyond month after month. His constant willingness to help local clubs, to assist other shooters both new and experienced, and his vouleenter work outside of sass (over the hill gang building hiking trails in Prescott) never ceases to humble and amaze me. A true ambassador of SASS, and a living breathing example of the Classic Cowboy way

Sorry guys, I didn't read far enough down to see T.B. And Gus's exchange, but everything I said, I stand behind. He is one to ride the river with

What's as doesn't allow cc?

Also, mag7 is the list in order of nominations or votes that have been tallied?

The mag 7 makes the decision, not necessarily based on number of nominations or 'votes' of the wire denizens.

Hey Agustus, I have not left the Classic Cowboy ranks, I'm only shooting Duelist since I can't shoot classic at ACSA this year, all annual, state and regionals and of course Winter Range, I be in my full costume shooting the best category out there, Classic Cowboy!

TB

:)

There you are Bill.
That's good news.
I wasn't sure of your intentions and saw that you were not shooting CC at home either. It led me to think you'd moved on looking for more competition.
In that case, if I'm allowed to I'll nominate you too!!!
If not I'll find a number of people that will....

:)

Nominations are in order as received, Blackey.

Hey Ghost

I nominate Doc Baker.

Doc got me into cowboy shooting back in 2004. He has been a great CC ambassador.

Doc is one special person if you need any help he’s there for you.

There not a match we’ve been to that he’s not made a RV - Vendor Tent - Picnic Table, call.

Doc Baker should be the “CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST - 2015”

Thanks Fast Hammer

Doc in 2015!

Doc baker is the true spirit of Classic Cowboy all the time! Plus he's handy to have around when you fall down and get an owie! :lol: I second the nomination !

Hey Ghost

I nominate Doc Baker.

Doc got me into cowboy shooting back in 2004. He has been a great CC ambassador.

Doc is one special person if you need any help he’s there for you.

There not a match we’ve been to that he’s not made a RV - Vendor Tent - Picnic Table, call.

Doc Baker should be the “CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST - 2015”

Thanks Fast Hammer

Doc in 2015!

Doc baker is the true spirit of Classic Cowboy all the time! Plus he's handy to have around when you fall down and get an owie! :lol: I second the nomination !

All I heard was "Blah, Blah, Blah...DOC BAKER!! I second that nomination! He is such a Classic Cowboy that I refer to him as a "Victorian Clothes Whore!" :D

Doc in 2015!

Yes indeed! :lol:

Is the winner based on the number of unique nominations or do you the mag 7 select the winner based on your own criteria?

I would like to nominate someone that has shot, promoted Classic Cowboy more

than anyone I can think of in all of SASS.

And that would be you Ghost.

Can not think of anyone that is more deserving of it. And can not believe that you had not already won it.

Only reason I did not think of it was because you was on the board. BUT. I see a board member has won it

in the past.

SO.

That should not stop you from being nominated and winning it now.

I would like to nominate someone that has shot, promoted Classic Cowboy more

than anyone I can think of in all of SASS.

And that would be you Ghost.

Can not think of anyone that is more deserving of it. And can not believe that you had not already won it.

Only reason I did not think of it was because you was on the board. BUT. I see a board member has won it

in the past.

SO.

That should not stop you from being nominated and winning it now.

Thanks Al for the endorsement, but as a member of the Mag7 I can not be in the running. T-Bone won his belt buckle the 1st year before he was a board member, although he became a board member that same year. That 1st year, when you thought "Classic", T-Bone was the man and still is. After 10 years of winning the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CLASSIC COWBOY, T-Bone has expressed his desire to shoot other categories and retire from the board and become a Past Board Member. If he does (and I'm not speaking for him), that may open a board position for someone else. So all I can said is, Let's wait and see what happens.

Ghost

Id like to nominate fellow Classic Cowboy Holy Rider. He is always in the spirit of the game. A Classic Cowboy through and through!

I want to nominate my friend Travis Spencer. Not only is a Classic Cowboy he is a class act!!

+1 for Travis Spencer, always willin' and able.

Moose

Ghost I never got a answer to my question as to picks the winner pears or board

Sorry, Blackey, late answer, but sometimes these threads get lost.

The Magnificent 7 take all the nominations and then we narrow it down. So far every year we have then gone back to a nominator or 2 and requested a little more info.

Then we cogitate some more... shoot a lot... call each other...email.. etc.

Then we vote again. until it's down to the final, final. And something always happens to tip the scales or send us back to the drawing board.

On more than one occasion we have all been decided only to discover that the person chose to start shooting another category.

Thanks brother king for getting back to me I just didn't know how the process worked as last year was the first year I had heard of it..

I would like to nominate Dutch Coroner, he's one of the hardest workers I know at any shoot and never shorts himself on the requirements of the Classic Cowboy category. Class act all the way around.

Blazen Vaquero is always dressed to the catagory fits the cowboy look and is ALWAYS willing to help out a shooter in need. Is not afraid to coach a fellow

shooter just an all around Great Cowboy

+1

I would like to nominate Whiskey Hayes always shoots Classic Cowboy and is President of the Wartrace Regulators. He is always willing to help and encourage new and old shooters. He has contributed alot in the middle east Tennessee area.

Sorry!!! :( I apologize for not updating the nominees sooner. Thanks to everyone for the interest and support for our AWARD PROGRAM. :)

Ghost

Let me also second the nomination for Chili Pepper Kid.

I have the pleasure of frequently shooting with Chili at the various central Iowa clubs. In addition to the comments already made, his costuming is truly classic right down to his gun cart and lunch kit. He usually breaks out his period correct coffee pot and builds a campfire. This instantly adds to the ambiance.

His demeanor is outgoing but not flamboyant. He takes his posse duty seriously. As Marshal Morris already mentioned, he is one of the best spotters around.

If you have not tasted Chili's homemade salsa, you are missing a real treat. It's not hard to get if you attend a match with Chili. In season, there is plenty to share and he even provides the crackers.

Thanks for all the nominations, but I know there are more CLASSIC COWBOYS AND COWGIRLS out there that deserve a nomination. You must be nominated to win and "you never know which way the wind blows", "how the cards fall", "the way the cookie crumbles", ..... :)

I would like to nominate Whiskey Hayes always shoots Classic Cowboy and is President of the Wartrace Regulators. He is always willing to help and encourage new and old shooters. He has contributed alot in the middle east Tennessee area.

+1

Whiskey took the time to meet me at Wartrace and do a one on one new shooter class, when I started all this. He even did it on a weekday, so I wouldn't be learning on the go at my first match that weekend.

He can probably be counted as my inspiration to join the ranks of CC's too.

That oughta count for something.

Dirtwood Dobber is another deserving nomination. Not sure he always shoots CC, he's at least a part time CC though. He's always dressed as period as anyone can be, and always over the CC requirements.

I've never seen a more diligent posse member. You'll find him doin all the jobs no one else jumps to do, in any match.

Archived