SASS Wire Forum

NOMINATIONS for CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL 2015...

Ghost, SASS #50125

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did. :o

Good! :). I would also like to nominate HIGH PLAINS HUD.... He is a great Classic Cowboy Shooter... And has shot the category for at least the past five years I have been in SASS, probably alot longer I am sure. He is always willing to share info and knowledge with a new shooter. He sure welcomed me right into the ranks of Classic Cowboy when I started shooting it this year. I mean heck the fella even has a shooting stance around these parts named after him!! The "HUD Hunker"... Sure is catchy ;). Watching him shoot the category helped draw me toward it, it just looked like so much dang fun!

A RESOUNDING CHULA KAT!!! OMG If there were ever a deserving CC I have to most definitely CHULA KAT!! This is one of the best cowgirls that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, shooting, dinning or just sharing recipes with!! This is one to ride the river with!!

I say Marie Laveau for Classic Cowgirl -- she gives a lot to keep "the spirit of the game" alive in every match no matter what goes down or awry! She has won CG in a many big events this year and proven she can shoot it well and dress the part. This voodoo cowgirl is a lot of fun and one of my favorite people of this "thing" we do every weekend with guns. So I nominate Marie Laveau.

I would like to nominate Deadwood Woody for C.C. and Bella Spencer for classic cowgirl Thanks

Thanks Chance Ramsay for nominating Deadwood Woody, but Bella Spencer is already a CLASSIC COWGIRL SHOOTIST 2012.

Good! :). I would also like to nominate HIGH PLAINS HUD.... He is a great Classic Cowboy Shooter... And has shot the category for at least the past five years I have been in SASS, probably alot longer I am sure. He is always willing to share info and knowledge with a new shooter. He sure welcomed me right into the ranks of Classic Cowboy when I started shooting it this year. I mean heck the fella even has a shooting stance around these parts named after him!! The "HUD Hunker"... Sure is catchy ;). Watching him shoot the category helped draw me toward it, it just looked like so much dang fun!

:)

A RESOUNDING CHULA KAT!!! OMG If there were ever a deserving CC I have to most definitely CHULA KAT!! This is one of the best cowgirls that I have ever had the pleasure of meeting, shooting, dinning or just sharing recipes with!! This is one to ride the river with!!

+1

For some reason. I thought she had already won it.

But Rocky is dead on about CK.

I say Marie Laveau for Classic Cowgirl -- she gives a lot to keep "the spirit of the game" alive in every match no matter what goes down or awry! She has won CG in a many big events this year and proven she can shoot it well and dress the part. This voodoo cowgirl is a lot of fun and one of my favorite people of this "thing" we do every weekend with guns. So I nominate Marie Laveau.

Another good Classic Cowgirl in the mix. Got to shoot with her at Land Run this year.

She is a hoot.

Some good names in the mix. Sure would not want to job of picking.

Sounds to me like the Magnificent 7 has some mighty hard-fought decisions to make. The good news is that they can hardly make a bad choice from this group of Classic Cowgirls and Cowboys. All that I have had the pleasure of shooting with (Marie Laveau, GingleBob Gerri, Turquoise Bill, Blazen Vaquero, Deadwood Woody) are very worthy of the award.

Good luck to all,

GW

Sounds to me like the Magnificent 7 has some mighty hard-fought decisions to make. The good news is that they can hardly make a bad choice from this group of Classic Cowgirls and Cowboys. All that I have had the pleasure of shooting with (Marie Laveau, GingleBob Gerri, Turquoise Bill, Blazen Vaquero, Deadwood Woody) are very worthy of the award.

Good luck to all,

GW

The nomination period will close August 31, 2015, at mid-night. All during September, the Mag7 will be in deep stupor, I mean THOUGHT!

Who will be the chosen ones?

Keep your comments coming in, you never know what will happen.

Winners will be announced at the SW REGIONAL in Oklahoma.

Ghost

• 1 month later...

THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE GREAT NOMIMATIONS!!

Nominations are now closed and the Mag7 will now began to debate who shall be the new Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Shootists for 2015.

Good luck to all the nominees.

Ghost

• 4 weeks later...

The bar room is dark, lit only by coal oil burning lamps...the atmosphere reeks of cigar smoke and rot-gut whiskey. The bar-keep wipes shot glasses with a dingy-white towel and keeps a close eye on the seven sitting at a round table in the north corner of the clap-board building. Brother King spits a jaw full of tobacco juice on the sawdust covered wood floor and looks at the Ghost, whose derringer lays on the edge of the table, just inches from his reach, and says.." Let's git on with it". And with that, the discussion as to who will be the 2015 CLASSIC COWBOY AND COWGIRL SHOOTIST begins...Dragon Hill Dave, just back from a tour of Europe, as smooth as silk, pulls a 8 inch pig-sticker from it's sheath and places it on the table.

...to be continued.

Suspense hung in the air nearly as thick as the cigar smoke...Casual passers by tried to sneak a look with hopes of not being spotted lest they be pulled into the mayhem that was sure to take place any second.

Who would be chosen? Who would lose an appendage fighting for their top choice? Who in the heck is gonna clean up the mess?

Suspense hung in the air nearly as thick as the cigar smoke...Casual passers by tried to sneak a look with hopes of not being spotted lest they be pulled into the mayhem that was sure to take place any second.

Who would be chosen? Who would lose an appendage fighting for their top choice? Who in the heck is gonna clean up the mess?

:o:huh::lol:

The nomination process is over. However, if you have a word or even three words to say about any of the nominees that you feel might be appropriate then please feel free to post it here on the SASS WAHR.

As you know the process is a closed vote, however, the more we know about your favorites, the better we feel about making the award, too.

Yep and Ditto for Turq!

We nominate Turquoise Bill for Classic Cowboy 2015 as he's always there when needed, supports all clubs and activity plus other outside areas blazing trails or what ever it takes to get the job done.

Jackrabbit Joe #414 & Sly Puppy #78115

The nomination process is over. However, if you have a word or even three words to say about any of the nominees that you feel might be appropriate then please feel free to post it here on the SASS WAHR.

As you know the process is a closed vote, however, the more we know about your favorites, the better we feel about making the award, too.

Another thumbs up to Doc Baker and Blazen Vaquero two of the Classic's best.

Archived