SASS Wire Forum

NOMINATIONS for CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL 2015...

Ghost, SASS #50125

Howdy everyone! It's time again to nominate your favorite CLASSIC COWBOY AND CLASSIC COWGIRL for the 2015 CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOOTIST AWARD PROGRAM. This is the 6th year the MAGNIFICENT 7 of CLASSIC COWBOYS have awarded a gold and silver, personalized belt buckle to the lucky winners. You can post your nominees here on the SASS Wire, e-mail a M-7 member, or send a PM to a M-7 member. The winners will be determined and announced at the SW Regional in Oklahoma and awarded their belt buckles at a banquet at WINTER RANGE 2016. Since the conception, by BROTHER KING in 2010, the CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOOTIST AWARD PROGRAM has been a great success in promoting the CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL category.

The Magnificent 7 are:

Brother King: President

Texas Ghost: Vice President

Dragon Hill Dave: Treasurer

Vance Montana: Awards

Needmore Gunz: Board Member

T-Bone Dooley: Board Member

Solicitor General: Board Member

Cowhand: Past Board Member (resigned)

Nominees for CLASSIC COWBOY:

1. Blazing Vaquero

2. Chilipepper Kid

3. Badge Pusher

4. Doc Baker

5. Gunsmoke Cowboy

6. Dutch Coroner

7. Turquoise Bill

8. Cowhand

9. Shady McLarry (formally Long Ranger Rick)

10. Holy Rider

11. Travis Spencer

12. Whiskey Hayes

13. Dirtwood Dobber

14. High Plains Hud

Nominees for CLASSIC COWGIRL:

1. Serenity

2. Jinglebob Gerri

3. Chula Kat

4. Marie Laveau

Note: Not limited to five

Here are your Past Classic Shootist Winners:

2010: T-Bone Dooley

2011: Lefty Henderson and Shotglass

2012: RJ Law and Bella Spencer

2013: Big Six Henderson and Hot Tamale

2014: GW Ryder and Squawty Bawdy

2015: ?????

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to throw Serenity's name down again for Classic Cowgirl.

She is the Current 2015 National C Cowgirl Champion. She is also this years C Cowgirl World Champion.

Following up her C Cowgirl World Championship from last years EOT.

She is also the very first Canadian to EVER win a world championship.

Serenity has been nominated by Avil Al.

I must once again nominate my favorite Classic Cowgirl, Jinglebob Gerri. Jinglebob was one of the very first people I ever met when attending a cowboy match and her love for the game in certainly infectious. She is an organizer, registration marm, ambassadress and scores processing marm for one of the local clubs. Without looking it up I am sure that she has multiple state and regional championships under her belt. Always a smile on her face, an encouraging word on her lips, and laughing, she is a true joy to be around, and she shoots darn good too!

So without further ado, I nominate Jinglebob Gerri as Classic Cowgirl Shootist of 2015!

https://youtu.be/mK84YQ8GMFc

Blazen Vaquero is always dressed to the catagory fits the cowboy look and is ALWAYS willing to help out a shooter in need. Is not afraid to coach a fellow

shooter just an all around Great Cowboy

I would like to nominate Chilipepper Kid from Iowa for Classic Cowboy of the year. He has never won a championship match and I don't think that ever crossed his mind. His costumes are magnificent but more important is his huge cowboy heart. I tied him into the Dooley Gang and I don't think there has ever been a cowboy more deserving. If someone needs help, you will find him there if humanly possible. You always see him sending prayers for cowboys who post a need. A cowboy in this area was recently seriously hurt when a rifle malfunctioned and then fired out of battery. He needed someone to clean his black powder pistols and Chilipepper immediately responded to help.

I have shot with him for many years and I hope the Magnificent 7 will consider Chilipepper Kid as he is very deserving of this honor. Thanks for listening. 😊

I too would like to nominate Chili Pepper Kid from Iowa. He is the heart of what a Cowboy should be. A few years ago my dad had a stroke and was hospitalized at the VA hospital where Chili Pepper works. Chili took time out of his busy work day to not only stop and see my dad,but to visit with my mom, telling her he would remember both of them in his prayers.

Chili Pepper is such a fun loving and giving guy. Whenever he was on a posse I was on I always hoped he would count for me. This is a job he takes very seriously.j

Chili is a man who loves God, his family, his country (he served in the Navy) and everyone and everything associated with our sport of Cowboy shooting.

He would be the last to tell you he deserves this award, but a more deserving Classic Cowboy I have never met.

Miss Kitty Morris

I nominate Chili Pepper Kid, he is a great guy to shoot with and an all around gentleman. He is an asset to any posse he is on, as he is not afraid to do any job needed to keep things moving along smoothly. At the same time he keeps things light hearted and everyone smiling.

Undoubtedly Chili Pepper Kid from Iowa is worthy of this award. When I saw the thread to nominate an individual I instantly jumped on to nominate him. It was pretty cool to see three others beat me to it. Granny Annie is right- this honor should be more than about championships. Chili Pepper is the epitome of the classic cowboy. Just yesterday he showed up to a match with an American flag scarf with matching suspenders and red, white and blue shotgun shells in his belt. He takes cowboy to the nth degree all the time. His wit and humor completes the whole package.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chili Pepper Kid this Past June at Prince of Pistoleers.... It was truly an honor to meet him. He was one fun Classic Cowboy to hang out with!; So I too Nominate him for this awesome recognition! You deserve it Chili!

I'd also like to nominate the Chilipepper Kid. Once you get to know his dry humor and his cowboy demeanor, you realize he really is a Classic Cowboy through and through. A great friend and very worthy of this award.

I must once again nominate my favorite Classic Cowgirl, Jinglebob Gerri. Jinglebob was one of the very first people I ever met when attending a cowboy match and her love for the game in certainly infectious. She is an organizer, registration marm, ambassadress and scores processing marm for one of the local clubs. Without looking it up I am sure that she has multiple state and regional championships under her belt. Always a smile on her face, an encouraging word on her lips, and laughing, she is a true joy to be around, and she shoots darn good too!

So without further ado, I nominate Jinglebob Gerri as Classic Cowgirl Shootist of 2015!

https://youtu.be/mK84YQ8GMFc

:)

Blazen Vaquero is always dressed to the catagory fits the cowboy look and is ALWAYS willing to help out a shooter in need. Is not afraid to coach a fellow

I would like to nominate Chilipepper Kid from Iowa for Classic Cowboy of the year. He has never won a championship match and I don't think that ever crossed his mind. His costumes are magnificent but more important is his huge cowboy heart. I tied him into the Dooley Gang and I don't think there has ever been a cowboy more deserving. If someone needs help, you will find him there if humanly possible. You always see him sending prayers for cowboys who post a need. A cowboy in this area was recently seriously hurt when a rifle malfunctioned and then fired out of battery. He needed someone to clean his black powder pistols and Chilipepper immediately responded to help.

I have shot with him for many years and I hope the Magnificent 7 will consider Chilipepper Kid as he is very deserving of this honor. Thanks for listening.

I too would like to nominate Chili Pepper Kid from Iowa. He is the heart of what a Cowboy should be. A few years ago my dad had a stroke and was hospitalized at the VA hospital where Chili Pepper works. Chili took time out of his busy work day to not only stop and see my dad,but to visit with my mom, telling her he would remember both of them in his prayers.

Chili Pepper is such a fun loving and giving guy. Whenever he was on a posse I was on I always hoped he would count for me. This is a job he takes very seriously.j

Chili is a man who loves God, his family, his country (he served in the Navy) and everyone and everything associated with our sport of Cowboy shooting.

He would be the last to tell you he deserves this award, but a more deserving Classic Cowboy I have never met.

Miss Kitty Morris

I nominate Chili Pepper Kid, he is a great guy to shoot with and an all around gentleman. He is an asset to any posse he is on, as he is not afraid to do any job needed to keep things moving along smoothly. At the same time he keeps things light hearted and everyone smiling.

Undoubtedly Chili Pepper Kid from Iowa is worthy of this award. When I saw the thread to nominate an individual I instantly jumped on to nominate him. It was pretty cool to see three others beat me to it. Granny Annie is right- this honor should be more than about championships. Chili Pepper is the epitome of the classic cowboy. Just yesterday he showed up to a match with an American flag scarf with matching suspenders and red, white and blue shotgun shells in his belt. He takes cowboy to the nth degree all the time. His wit and humor completes the whole package.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chili Pepper Kid this Past June at Prince of Pistoleers.... It was truly an honor to meet him. He was one fun Classic Cowboy to hang out with!; So I too Nominate him for this awesome recognition! You deserve it Chili!

I'd also like to nominate the Chilipepper Kid. Once you get to know his dry humor and his cowboy demeanor, you realize he really is a Classic Cowboy through and through. A great friend and very worthy of this award.

I want to add badge pusher fo cc but my cig is already first on the list ghost. It was great talking with you at EOT. Btw I did have five items on at the time although I said I was one short. I got to the truck and my watch was strong across mt mid section under my belly so I had the suspenders, scarf, gathers, chinks, and watch with full double chain. Plus my vest was behind me onr on my cart as I recall.

I want to add badge pusher fo cc but my cig is already first on the list ghost. It was great talking with you at EOT. Btw I did have five items on at the time although I said I was one short. I got to the truck and my watch was strong across mt mid section under my belly so I had the suspenders, scarf, gathers, chinks, and watch with full double chain. Plus my vest was behind me onr on my cart as I recall.

Hey Ghost

I nominate Doc Baker.

Doc got me into cowboy shooting back in 2004. He has been a great CC ambassador.
Doc is one special person if you need any help he’s there for you.
There not a match we’ve been to that he’s not made a RV - Vendor Tent - Picnic Table, call.
Doc Baker should be the “CLASSIC COWBOY SHOOTIST - 2015”

Thanks Fast Hammer

All I heard was "Blah, Blah, Blah...DOC BAKER!! I second that nomination! He is such a Classic Cowboy that I refer to him as a "Victorian Clothes Whore!" :D

Doc in 2015!

Hey Ghost

I nominate Doc Baker.

Doc got me into cowboy shooting back in 2004. He has been a great CC ambassador.

There not a match we’ve been to that he’s not made a RV - Vendor Tent - Picnic Table, call.

Thanks Fast Hammer

All I heard was "Blah, Blah, Blah...DOC BAKER!! I second that nomination! He is such a Classic Cowboy that I refer to him as a "Victorian Clothes Whore!" :D

Doc in 2015!

Sorry, Doc Baker, you have to be careful of just whom you call a friend. Must be someone else out there could put in a good word for ya? ;)

This is tough one this year.

Since my buddy Turquoise Bill has left the Classic Cowboy ranks, my fellow Arizonan Badge Pusher has already been nominated as has Blazin' & Serenity I'm going to expand the field with a couple of Classics I met this year and IMHO, deserve a shot at the title.......

So, I would like to nominate a gentleman I met at Winter Range and got to Posse with at EoT who is just pure Cowboy.....

From the The Land of Enchantment.... Gunsmoke Cowboy.

For Classic Cowgirl I would like nominate a Cowgirl I had a ton of fun shooting with at WR......

From the Lone Star State....... Squawty Bawdy.

Since my buddy Turquoise Bill has left the Classic Cowboy ranks, my fellow Arizonan Badge Pusher has already been nominated as has Blazin' & Serenity I'm going to expand the field with a couple of Classics I met this year and IMHO, deserve a shot at the title.......

So, I would like to nominate a gentleman I met at Winter Range and got to Posse with at EoT who is just pure Cowboy.....

For Classic Cowgirl I would like nominate a Cowgirl I had a ton of fun shooting with at WR......

SB won the Classic Cowgirl award last year in I remember right.

+1 Couldn't have said it any better!

CBG

Hey Ghost

I nominate Doc Baker.

Thanks Fast Hammer

AG, I'm so sorry to hear that Turquoise Bill has left CC. He was always a favorite of mine. Squawty Bawdy is a Classsic Cowgirl, in fact, she won last year's 2014 CLASSIC COWGIRL SHOOTIST. Cann't win two in a row! :)

I wanna nominate Dutch Coroner for Classic Cowboy. Works harder than anyone on the posse and is as fast or faster than anyone in the category.

Howdy Ghost;

TB shot CC at WR but has been shooting Senior Duelist at his home club up in Prescott and Duelist at ACSA.

I'm not sure if he's just taking a break and going to shoot CC at the big matches for awhile or if he's moved on. ???

I though Serenity had won it last year for some reason, my mistake. Add my support to her cause. She's a peach, a Classic Peach.

Hey Agustus, I have not left the Classic Cowboy ranks, I'm only shooting Duelist since I can't shoot classic at ACSA this year, all annual, state and regionals and of course Winter Range, I be in my full costume shooting the best category out there, Classic Cowboy!

TB

Archived