SASS Wire Forum

Sam's Club or Costco

Chief Rick

Been a member of both, right now Costco as they have a better meat selection and that is main reason we use them.

Shopped both -- IMO, no dif. Costco is closer so that's where we went.

Topic for another conversation is whether the "deals" are really worth the trip and cost of membership. We decided that having to buy a skid of paper towels or toilet paper at a time just to save 7 cents a roll wasn't worth it. We also don't need a 7 pound pan of lasagna. We don't consume much, so purchasing items in bulk saves us little if at all. We found many items at other stores for the same price or less.

While there are great deals to be had, they can be erratic and there aren't enough to make the trip worthwhile (for us). We're letting our membership lapse.

YMMV

We have a club here, BJ's (Berkeley and Jensen) my son has a card and I'm on his family plan. Lots of great deals there but you have to buy most items in bulk and that's a bit too much for one person. :huh:

Costco. We have both, but Costco has nicer employees and better service, especially in the check out.

Both, work provides a card for costco, we pick up the one for sams.

Some things we can only find at Costco, but mostly we use Sams, it's more convenient. I agree that for the most part the meat is better at Costco. We break down the large packages to sizes we use and freeze them.

Really don't have a problem buying a bale of terlit paper or paper towels at a time, gonna use them eventually.

Still do the bulk of grocery shopping at local grocery store but the warehouses do have their place.

Its a bigger chicken than Sams too!

Not here-Sam's chicken is huge.

We get cook'd beef ribs from my wife's store(Neighborhood Market)and the 'bird' from Sams.

Good food-- ;)

X2 on best gas price at Sam's-For some DUM reason, our Sams Club doesn't sell diesel. :huh:

OLG

Guess it has to be Sams, since we ain't got a Costco here.

+1

There's another discount box store in town called B.J.'s. Their prices are higher than Sam's and they are much further away than Sam's. Sam's wins again.

we have memberships to each,,, prefer Costco for most things,,, but Sam's carries things we use/eat that Costco doesn't. don't care much for Costco's owner's politics!!

Our Costco does have a no carry card posted, but it isn't done properly so legally it is of no effect.

Topic for another conversation is whether the "deals" are really worth the trip and cost of membership. We decided that having to buy a skid of paper towels or toilet paper at a time just to save 7 cents a roll wasn't worth it. We also don't need a 7 pound pan of lasagna. We don't consume much, so purchasing items in bulk saves us little if at all. We found many items at other stores for the same price or less.

YMMV

I wish I could get Uno to see that.............................

I won't step foot inside a costco myself for reasons stated above. Close to politics as I'm going to get here.

[/quote

Must be a local thing we have no problem here. Of course concealed means just that

We use Sams, they are 1/2 mile away while the Costco is only 3/4 mile away. Here the Sams is friendlier, and the Costco had too many folks bringing in a whole pack of kids and feeding them at the sample stands. Plus the overall attitude of the customers was meaner and more rude at the costco.

I won't step foot inside a costco myself for reasons stated above. Close to politics as I'm going to get here.

[/quote

Must be a local thing we have no problem here. Of course concealed means just that

Nope, it is their corporate policy.

https://customerservice.costco.com/system/templates/selfservice/costco_en_us/#!portal/200500000001002/article/200500000003176/Personal-FirearmsGuns-in-Costco-Stores

Not a dime of my money goes there ever.

Y'all can do as you please, I'm not lining the pockets of anti-gunners.

GS

I would no more avoid Costco because they don't want guns in their stores than I would choose to go to Sam's because they take no stand one way or the other. They are private companies, and are entitled to set their own rules on their property - especially where admission to the store is based upon membership, and the general public is not admitted.

Guns are not allowed in courthouses, police stations, schools, and various other public buildings, where I have a right of entry as a citizen; I do not refuse to enter those buildings based upon that exclusion.

You're entitled to choose to do as you see fit. I'll go to Costco if I want to shop there.

LL

I would no more avoid Costco because they don't want guns in their stores than I would choose to go to Sam's because they take no stand one way or the other. They are private companies, and are entitled to set their own rules on their property - especially where admission to the store is based upon membership, and the general public is not admitted.

Guns are not allowed in courthouses, police stations, schools, and various other public buildings, where I have a right of entry as a citizen; I do not refuse to enter those buildings based upon that exclusion.

You're entitled to choose to do as you see fit. I'll go to Costco if I want to shop there.

LL

Look up Costco CEO's liberal activism.

Everyone here is free to spend their money how they please and are even free to spend money in organizations that will take some of the profits and pour into anti-gun organizations. Heck, folks are free to make direct donations to Michael Bloomberg's Everytown organization if they please.

It's not just their anti-gun policy:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2014/07/08/bye-bye-costco-national-retailer-denies-america-patriots-respond-with-coast-to-coast-boycott/

As for me and my family, Costco is a no-go.

Archived