SASS Wire Forum

Oh WOW, What an HONOR!

Smoken D

I just now got a phone call from the V.F.W. informing me that I have been sellected for the Honor Flight to Washington D.C. Also two of my buddies that signed up with me have also been sellected. Now, I am beginning to shake due to some memories coming back and a few tears for a few that never came back. I let them talk me into it, I just hope it was not a mistake.

Congratulations and thank you for your service.

It's called Honor Flight for a reason. Thank you and take lots of pictures and savor every second.

I want to add to the congratulations. You will also be the carrier of many who could not attend nor come. :FlagAm: MT

+1

Honor Flight is a great program designed for great people! I am glad that you fit into that group and happy for you to be selected!! Enjoy the trip, take lots of photos, and consider putting on a slide show at you post so you can share your experience with those not able to go! Congratulations!

Thank you, Sir, for your service! You have been selected for this for a reason. Some are obvious -others may not be. Take the trip and the journey. You earned it.

Congratulations Smoken D!

I was a Flight Guardian and we made sure your experience is one you will remember!

We had a saying that the veterans are not looking for recognition - Honor Flight says they deserve it.

I did the initial medical assessment and biography of those assigned to our team.

Sit back and take it all in. You will be amazed at what awaits you on your journey.

Thanks everyone, those that deserve cannot go. I'll post a photo after I go, but still having a difficult time. I just did not think there would be any chance of going, why I let the guys sign me up. Gonna be one heck of a tough 24 hour day. Sure wish the wife would have signed up with me. She was Army 64-68 and still outranks me. :wub:

I understand your conflicting emotions, but please know that you represent those unable to make these flights. You have been honored to take. On that task.

Thanks for all you have done for our country, D! I truly hope you are able to enjoy your Honor Flight.

Archived