SASS Wire Forum

Magic Eye...

Anyone remember the "Magic Eye" pictures (autostereograms) from back in the 90's? Totally mindless fun stuff! ^_^

Can ya see the cowboy? emo32.gif

tumblr_lkdkmteBaN1qzfsnio1_1280.jpg

I don't see nuthin!

Yep, see him and the buckin' bronco. Used to have a computer program that generated these things. I kinda recall that they were called pictography, or pictograms, or something like that.

That's pretty neat. Haven't seen one of these for quite a while. Took a few seconds to remember how to get my eyes to focus on the image. But, once I got it, the picture popped right up.

Oh lord to I hate these things! :blink: Try as I might I have never been able to see anything but the dizzying patterns. Guess my brain is missing a neuron or three :D:D

OK, I wasn't squinting hard enough.

They use to publish these dang things every week in the comic section of the Sunday Cincinnati Enquirer. Couldn't see 'em then, can't see 'em now.

My kids would pick up the comics and see what ever it was in seconds. Still frustrates the heck out of me!

I see little pink dancing elephants. Seriously, I can't see a cowboy no matter what angle I turn it it or how long I stare at it

I see it. But shouldn't they take the camo net off of it before they fly it?

At least off the windscreen, you'd think...! :rolleyes:

Seriously, you guys can actually see something? What's the trick?

You need to look at the picture with both eyes, but they have to be focused as if you were looking at something far away. I can do it because I have a lazy eye that I can move independently. Once your eyes get close to the right alignment the image snaps into focus and your eyes will automatically center on it. It takes effort to see it, but once you do it's easier to hold it in focus. What you'll see is an outline of an object that seems be standing out away from the background, although it'll have the same color pattern as the background.

For most people the trick is to point your eyes at the picture but not really try to see it. Imagine if it was a history book you had to read in class, but you were really daydreaming about your girlfriend. Your eyes will be pointed in the right direction but not focused on the book. And you'll probably be wearing a silly grin, but that part's optional.

Archived