SASS Wire Forum

Help your Gunsmiths

When sending a gun in for repairs, please include a note explaining what the gun is doing and what you would like done. A phone conversation does not always accomplish

this.

I receive many guns without explanations of work needed and they will tend to sit there longer waiting until contact is made to clarify.

Please also include full name, address and phone #.

Thank you,

Johnny Meadows

Example: I received one Nickeled SKB, shipped from a UPS store with no return address, no owners name and no description of work. I thought that it was a surprise present.

Did it finally get there? Remember, we talked about what needed to be done when we shot together at EOT in 2005. Let me know ehen it's finished, please. :wacko:

Did it finally get there? Remember, we talked about what needed to be done when we shot together at EOT in 2005. Let me know ehen it's finished, please. :wacko:

Exactly

I confess....... Its Mine.

I forgot WHO I sent it too and thats why I've been using 97's until I found it... :o

I have a $10 reward for it...... check is in the mail..... ;)

Its even got my initials on it.... 'SKB' (Swashbuckle Killbassa Brown)

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

Your Friend.....

..........WIdder

I confess....... Its Mine.

I forgot WHO I sent it too and thats why I've been using 97's until I found it... :o

I have a $10 reward for it...... check is in the mail..... ;)

Its even got my initials on it.... 'SKB' (Swashbuckle Killbassa Brown)

Hey, I don't make this stuff up.

Your Friend.....

..........WIdder

Widder, I think you'd go into convulsions if you even put a double in your hands.....and Swashbuckle Killbassa Brown....no wonder you go by Widder :D :D

Johnny, just cuz I'm a good pard and all around nice guy I'll give ya a hunnert samolians plus cover the shipping costs to my FFL just so you won't have to have that ugly old nickel SKB around your shop. And, if'n ya go through it and git it all slicked up and working right; why there'd be another fitty bucks in it fer ya! :lol:

Kajun

It ain't mine. I don't own any pimp guns. And that's the truth... unlike some answers above.

I always contact my FFL and give him a heads up on what is coming.

I have had three guns shipped from manufacturers that had absolutely no paperwork with them. Just arrived in the box. No invoice, nothing.

Even had a pistol come from another dealer sans paperwork. He has told me several tales of guns arriving with no paperwork. Even had a couple that were with him for a few months before someone finally claimed them. They were upset that he didn't let them know they had arrived.

Widder, I think you'd go into convulsions if you even put a double in your hands.....and Swashbuckle Killbassa Brown....no wonder you go by Widder :D :D

Johnny, just cuz I'm a good pard and all around nice guy I'll give ya a hunnert samolians plus cover the shipping costs to my FFL just so you won't have to have that ugly old nickel SKB around your shop. And, if'n ya go through it and git it all slicked up and working right; why there'd be another fitty bucks in it fer ya! :lol:

Kajun

Krazy,

with customers as generous as you, gunsmiths will never have to worry about going hungry.... :o

..........Widder

Johnny,remember all the SKBs I have sent you.This one I forgot to my address.Pit Bull

Yes and if you have special trigger locks or the like ,,,, please get a key there as well ...

You can send it in a different pkg. ,but please send it ...

Include all of the details of what the problem is,what you want done, complete contact info and money ...

And any free guns you want to give me !!!

Jabez Cowboy

I believe that along with being the first to respond, my 2005 date puts me at the head of the line. I remember it like it just happened today.......

Thank you for all your help, but I seem to have misplaced the shotgun.

Truthfully I hope that a few shooters get the hint, it would make like simpler.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

928-300-6684 during daylight hours

That's strange, he sent me a different number and told me to feel free to call anytime if I ever needed anything.

It must be his private cell number because it started with 'BR'.

..........Widder

I also provide my smith with a budget. Thee is no sense in spending $150 on a $200 gun, unless you both agree that it is the best option. This also sets expectations for both parties.

Thank you for all your help, but I seem to have misplaced the shotgun.

Truthfully I hope that a few shooters get the hint, it would make like simpler.

Thanks,

Johnny Meadows

928-300-6684 during daylight hours

Whose daylight hours? :P

Good question and are those Standard Daylight Hours or the ones we are saving. :o:ph34r: I Can never remember the time difference between where ever I am and most but not all of Arizona or Indiana. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived