SASS Wire Forum

How Many Are Use Videos As Training Aids?

Bart Solo

Since the beginning I have watched videos of top shooters to learn techniques, and lately I have enjoyed the videos Tame Bill has posted of shooters in my Powder Creek club. Grizzly Dave's videos of his POP posse have been a hoot. All of that is fun, but I have been wondering how many of us are watching videos of ourselves as training aids. It seems to me that with today's cellphone technology all you have to do is ask a pard to video you on your own phone as you shoot a stage during a match and you should be able to see what you did right and what you can do to improve various aspects of your game.

I suspect the top shooters are all using video in their training but average shooters not so much. Given that everybody now has a video camera in his cellphone, why not?

We video WR stages every year. It's important to video other shooters as a training tool too. Sometimes I'll see the same run many times over, then suddenly notice a problem and work on that one glitch until something else becomes the weakest link. Other shooters will be strong in an area where you're weak. Video of stages at a bigger match that you'd like to do well at is really helpful. You can practice those type of stages, and movement at home. We try to practice for the type of match we're apt to be shooting.

Archived