SASS Wire Forum

Idiot TV News Reporters

Bama Red

I was putting together a new office chair yesterday and listening to Fox News reporting on the capture of David Sweat. Needless to say, it was not good for my blood pressure.

The pretty little thing doing the reporting just did not have a clue. She kept saying things like the NY State Trooper who shot and arrested Sweat had deliberately placed the two rounds in his shoulder so he could be captured alive! And he did this using his duty handgun while Sweat was beating feet across a field towards a tree line. Sorry, I'm sure the Trooper was just trying to stop Sweat and didn't much care where he hit him, just so he got him stopped before he reached the woods and had an opportunity to get away.

She also kept repeating that Sweat would be transferred from the local hospital to a Level 1 Trauma Center, because the local hospital could not handle "blunt force injuries"! Huh?? I thought he was shot, not beaten over the head with the Trooper's Glock!

But the one that had me giggling was when she reported that there were photos of the two convicts recorded on a game trail camera, which she stated were mounted on the local hunter's rifles! I guess the hunters jammed their rifles muzzle first into the ground so they'd have a convenient mounting post for the game trail cameras. No sense using one of those pesky trees that cluttered up the woods! :D;)

I spent the rest of the afternoon drinking heavily

Fox had non-stop coverage playing the same clips over and over again for pretty much the whole night starting from when Sweat was captured. I haven't put the tv on yet but I bet they're still on it!! You'd think that nothing else was happening in the whole world! :angry:

I've found that the first two or three sentences in a story will tell you what happened. After that, the commentary and analyzing begins. Just hit the mute button and watch the pretty girls try to look serious.

The idiots we see on the TV news are neither journalists nor reporters. They are script readers. Essentially actors playing a part.

GS

Why drag Obama into the thread?

The AP story on the first escapee called him Mr. Matt. Mister!?!

I still like the local story about a store hold up where the baddie was reported to have pulled a 25mm pistol from his pocket. Yikes!

Better you should let them drive you shut off the tube.

This.

Cut the cable cord 3 years ago. If the news isn't in a format I can read, I don't know about it. Won't watch the stuff that comes via the rabbit ears antenna either.

TV is infotainment presented by on-air personalities (as opposed to journalists), and is often lacking "info" or context.

The AP story on the first escapee called him Mr. Matt. Mister!?!

I still like the local story about a store hold up where the baddie was reported to have pulled a 25mm pistol from his pocket. Yikes!

Talk about having deep pockets!

Fox had non-stop coverage playing the same clips over and over again for pretty much the whole night starting from when Sweat was captured. I haven't put the tv on yet but I bet they're still on it!! You'd think that nothing else was happening in the whole world! :angry:

Fox News has become a great disappointment and an embarrassment the last year or so. Not significantly better nor more conservative than anyone else.

Agree about them being a huge embarrassment. Once they get into a breaking news situation, where they can't use a script or teleprompter, they are just completely in over their heads. Sad.

Archived