SASS Wire Forum

You Had Only One Task...

Subdeacon Joe

Howdy,

Yup, there are beers and sodas even good ol Coka Cola, have real caps.

I grab a real bottle opener often, keep it on the fridge.

Best

CR

Yup, there are beers and sodas even good ol Coka Cola, have real caps.

I grab a real bottle opener often, keep it on the fridge.

Yup. I've got a bottle of Yuengling Black & Tan sitting here next to me that I opened with the cap lifter on my Swiss Army knife, and there's a six pack of ginger beer in the kitchen with the same kind of caps. Both have caps that can be twisted off without an opener, but what fun is that? (Especially after I gouged my palm on one a while back.)

Then there's my homemade mead that I bottle in 12 oz. longnecks. I use crown caps on those because they seal better than corks and they're cheaper. They don't twist off.

But to the original point, yeah, that seems like a poor choice of swag for a substance abuse program to give out. Maybe it secretly sends a signal to Cheyenne Mountain whenever it's used, so they know when a soldier's fallen off the wagon.

Yup. I've got a bottle of Yuengling Black & Tan sitting here next to me that I opened with the cap lifter on my Swiss Army knife, and there's a six pack of ginger beer in the kitchen with the same kind of caps. Both have caps that can be twisted off without an opener, but what fun is that? (Especially after I gouged my palm on one a while back.)

Then there's my homemade mead that I bottle in 12 oz. longnecks. I use crown caps on those because they seal better than corks and they're cheaper. They don't twist off.

But to the original point, yeah, that seems like a poor choice of swag for a substance abuse program to give out. Maybe it secretly sends a signal to Cheyenne Mountain whenever it's used, so they know when a soldier's fallen off the wagon.

I was thinking it over - and in a way it makes sense. MOST (but not all) of the crown capped bottles that one uses a lifter on these days will be a beer bottle. If, one grabs a cap lifter and sees the "Substance Abuse" message, it just might make one pause and think before opening the bottle.

I see the point about the message and positive reminder, but I still see all sorts of humorous irony.

Archived