SASS Wire Forum

EOT 2015 - It was a great match!

Blackjack Zak

I had the honor of being one of the Range Masters for EOT 2015. I would like to congratulate all the volunteers who worked so hard to put on a great match! Well done to all.....

In particular, Misty Moonshine, TA Chance and Lassiter: You guys put on a great match.....we all had a ton of fun!! Thanks to CD Tom and the ladies on the scoring team, and to Cajun Dawg and all the waddies - well done!! Never to forget Amber, Slipnoose and the other ladies in the registration office! Thanks for everything you all do - it takes a village!!!!

Can't wait for next year!!!

This was the best run eot that I have attended!

Thank you!,,,

Blackjack. I hope to make it out sometime. Got to meet Misty at the Indiana State shoot last year and have known Lassiter for over 9 years and he is one of the best stage writers around. I heard nothing but compliments from those attending.

Sounds like it was a big success. Hope to meet you and Chance one day.

Korupt Karl

Yes, congratulations to Misty Moonshine and her team at SASS.

This was the best EOT at NM I've been to.

And for MM I've never see a person who is a CEO of an organisation work so hard as she did. Every time I turned around there she was doing something, placing tables, moving trash cleaning up, at the mic, just everywhere?? Things that a person in her position would delegate out, and I'm sure there was plenty of that too.

I think we all should be very thankful of the SASS team for they do for us shooters.

Thanks once again.

Jack & Kat

It was a great shooters match with a lot of movement on the clock, I would prefer less movement since it's hard for me to move. But it was the first EOT that I shot clean, it was the first EOT that I dint have a "P" as recall, but it appears my times were at least an average 10 seconds slower because of the movement.

But I like the fact I was on the posse that I requested same people as last year it was like a family reunion. I didn't see any of the top shooter on the posse shoot as I was on the unloading table or prepping to shot or shooting myself. I spotted for four or five shooters this year as I was in the wrong place when needed.

I like the rotation schedule we had late, mid, early. I prefer it as it gives me the most time together my gear ready for the first day and normally I can head home,a four hour drive, after the last day of shooting and make it before supper.

The rm and ms did an outstanding job running the match. Everything was fairly handled. We the chain of responsibility well defined and its use inforsced. To->PM->RO->MD. I doubt that Lassiter and at had to make a ruling as most thing were a formality when the ro got involved like authorizing a reshoot which was policy that it took one ok them to ok all reshoots. Most grievances were determined by the pm and oked by the ro I would guess as they choose the right people to be the pms.

I also liked the stages being setup so you have the choice to stat or go left to right or right to left

I also liked all the round count stages so you can shoot it the way you prefer.

I also like the stages that allow for the guns to be used in any order as long as the rifle wasn't last.

Take those last three items and you basically have the latitude to figure the best and fastest way to shoot it. That can allow the stage times to vary from shooter to shooter more than normal if you figure the fastest way for you to shoot it vs the way your competitor shot it.

This was the best run eot that I have attended!

Thank you!,,,

+1

I have only been to 3. 2010 2012 and this year.

This year was by far the best.

I really liked the stages. And REALLY liked the movement.

And the target placement.

Great job.

As far as Misty goes I think she's the best head of sass I've seen since joining in 2005. If I've ever had a problem or question she answers it truthfully to her best effort. I think hiring her was one of the best things the wild bunch has done since coming up with sass.

This was my first EoT and all I can say about it, to quote Tony the Tiger....... It Was Grrrrrreat!!!

Hats off to all of those who worked so hard to make it one of the best times I can ever remember.

Thank You All.

What a fantastic match! I've only been to EOT 4 times, but each year it gets better and better. EOT "IS" without a doubt, THE World Championship of Cowboy "Action" Shooting. Great Cowboy Main Match stages: well written stages, no procedural traps, options for shooters, and great target placement (distance and between targets). It was an "Action" match! Best of all, Lassiter took the time to write out all the details of each stage for us posse leaders for the walk-through, to ensure each leader was stating the same instructions for their posse.

Well done TA Chance, Lassiter, Waddies, office staff, registration, range staff, score keepers, range masters, Misty and the Wild Bunch crew, and every volunteer that helped put on this great match. Apparently there was some great teamwork going on with this crew and I saw nothing but smiles from the shooters and the EOT volunteers.

Archived