SASS Wire Forum

Cimarron 1889 DBL Shot Gun

Turkey Bob

Johnny Meadows has one on Gunbroker with a brief description:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=490895715

I personally find the grip quite attractive and resembling the old Husqvarna style.

I was hoping to find some one who owns one a get there impression's of the gun. I did see the one on Gun Broker and it is a great looking shotgun also Mr Meadows does great work.

Turkey Bob

I really hope Mr. Meadows replies. I just saw this shotgun on Gunbroker two days ago. If it is good enough for him, that says a lot.

The only negative I heard was on one having deformed firing pins after use, which was quickly resolved. Maybe it was a fluke instance of poor heat treating. Even Toyota has issues now and then. It is real nice to see some quality doubles being made. 97's are made for duck hunting.

I bought one from Johnny M. And am very pleased so far. Handles just like my SKB. It should prove to be a worthy addition to anybody's gun cart. I took it out right after I got it and ran 125 rnds through it in combinations of 2, 4 and more. I ran one string of 16 just because I could. It ran just fine other than getting really hot just like any other dbl will. Balance is great and comes on tgt perfectly.

I am at EOT and have sold the ten guns that came with. They are being received very well.

Basically I would call them an SKB clone. Pivote points, weights and balance feel very close to the same as an SKB, but with all work completed they run three to five hundred dollars less.

I have 12 more in the shop and have very high hopes for the gun. Thank you, Johnny M

Thank you for your reply's ,this was the type of information I was looking for.

Turkey Bob

Johnny Meadows,

Any with case hardened coloring?

Curious... what's the difference between this Cimarron 1889 And their 1881 SxS?

The gun is made by Daudsons in Pakistan ( www.daudsons.org ) . They've been working with Cimarron for a couple years on the design.

The '81 was made in Turkey, and is not as suitable for CAS in my opinion.

I am at EOT and have sold the ten guns that came with. They are being received very well.

Basically I would call them an SKB clone. Pivote points, weights and balance feel very close to the same as an SKB, but with all work completed they run three to five hundred dollars less.

I have 12 more in the shop and have very high hopes for the gun. Thank you, Johnny M

I want one, JM!

DC

Send him a PM, he's got 11 more. ;)

Send him a PM, he's got 11 more. ;)

Nah, I just live 'bout 15 min from him. ;) Just need ta' give in a day 'r so to recupe and put all those $$$$ he brought back from NM in the bank! :D

I drew one at EOT.Got delayed so should have it in a few days.I cant shoot it in Classic Cowboy But someone in the family will probably use it. It will be a few years before CaTazTrophe grows into it.I won't do any stock work on it for now..

Largo

• 1 month later...

Archived