SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Chronicle coming back as quarterly publication

It is about time. As it stands now, we SASS members don't get much for our buck. Annual dues $45.00 and you pay $5.00 to shoot in a SASS event, and SASS donates a $30.00 gift certificate. WOW!

I really sometimes question what I get as a member of SASS. I haven't gone to any state or above matches this year and it looks like I may not. The CC was a huge bonus to being a member. I will continue to support SASS and renew every year but I frequently ask myself…WHY??

Rye :wacko:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I like the digital version. Could look at it anywhere. I like how the links work to bring you to the merchants web page.

I know folks say they leave the paper version places to promote the game. Fact is most young people aren't looking there. When I tell someone I shoot cowboy action I send them a link to our clubs youtube page. They love the videos.

Just my .02 cents. :)

Personally I like the digital version. Could look at it anywhere. I like how the links work to bring you to the merchants web page.

I know folks say they leave the paper version places to promote the game. Fact is most young people aren't looking there. When I tell someone I shoot cowboy action I send them a link to our clubs youtube page. They love the videos.

Just my .02 cents. :)

The reality is.....young people are not the target market. Many folks say they are, but really.....middle-aged, reasonably well-off, with discretionary income, and time, are the market. And they DO pick-up printed copies.

EC

The reality is.....young people are not the target market. Many folks say they are, but really.....middle-aged, reasonably well-off, with discretionary income, and time, are the market. And they DO pick-up printed copies.

EC

I suppose I should have clarified "young".... I didn't mean 12 year olds. So what you said is exactly spot on as far as age goes. And I'm not disputing that people wouldn't pick up a hard copy and I'm glad that SASS is bringing it back for those that wanted it.

What I'm saying is what I've seen. While I know there are many folks with out email etc.... That isn't the norm any longer. I personally don't know anyone that doesn't have internet and all I'm saying is I send links to many people with videos and web links and it gets to a much broader audience. Again.... This is absolutely my own .02 cents.... It isn't meant to get anyone upset. However it does seem that this subject does that. So I'll stay out of it going forward.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I like the digital version. I am not a technology fan, but the legibility of the photos is much better in the digital version. I have to say that even with the poor photo quality, I really did like the print CC. I think this will be the best of both worlds. I'm sure in a glossy format the pics will be of much better quality. They will probably be archived in digital format so I Can pass them along as recruiting materials. I think that will be the biggest benefit to me. The people I gave them to loved them, and I always got comments and questions a few days later about the articles and the sport in general.

I like BOTH ! Having said that, my NRA Rifleman, Combat Handguns, Handguns, etc., all the major gun and sports related have either the printed , digital or both . WHY not the CC ?

The digital can be monthly , the printed quarterly. Best of both worlds !

My next question is : WHEN ?

I appreciate the online CC, it seems to be professionally done and this is not to be taken lightly. Good web design guys are among the highest value pros in our society at the present time. Being new to SASS I haven't seen the print version yet but from the sound of it, was also very well done; this also is no easy feat. So I appreciate the effort, SASS. Looking forward to it.

Archived