SASS Wire Forum

Cowboy Chronicle coming back as quarterly publication

Guest Hoss Carpenter, SASS Life 7843

My "Trash Can" on my computer is full of all the (never read) digital versions; HooRay for the Quarterly ,paper Edition!

Hoss

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually like the digital version, but would like the printed copy also.

Maybe they will bring back Swift Montana Smith and his humorous anecdotes.

I particularly enjoyed his last tale of adventure, intrigue, and suspense.

I enjoy reading the chronicle is whatever form it is in... ...actually like online version... where I sit in the early mornings with my cup of hot coffee and read it on line.... ...don't have to fuss with it being in the way of reaching for my coffee cup...

This great news just about brings a nostalgic tear to my eyes. I have really missed the hardcopy Chronicle.

Can't wait. That's great news. Never have been able to enjoy reading on a tablet.

I've talked to some that have been SASS members for a long time that dropped their membership because of the loss of the printed CC. They felt it a significant part of their membership value. They have very little PC skills and not willing to try.

I interface with the Internet with an Android pad. The older digital version didn't work well on it. The newest one works much better but still slow to navigate and difficult to read. We have a desktop Windows PC with large monitor that is set up to do video editing. I suppose it would display the CC in the best possible condition. But I just don't go fire it up to read the CC.

Wayyyy Good--- I've missed reading it. Just don't feel like staring at the PC after working all day. Miss picking it up at leisure while sitting on the coach. GREAT NEWS

Great! I use them as promotional material. Leave one in the waiting room every Dr. visit.

I used to take mine to the local Library. The librarian was always happy to get them and remarked on how well they were received by the public.

YEE HAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D :D :D:D

Cheatin'

That's how I feel about it also👍🏼

Ringer

Howdy,

I intend to let sellers know when I buy stuff, that I saw their ad in the CC.

WE NEED TO GIVE THIS kind of feedback to advertisers.

Best

CR

I use the advertising companies as much as possible in the Chronical. I also prefer the printed version over the electronic copy. A quarterly issue makes sense as well. Not a fan of the "comics" as they just seemed to be filler to me, just my view. I read the Chronicle every month but read the printed version as soon as I received it but not the electronic issue.

the cartoons can go, but I miss the articles and the calendar of events at the end. I know the world is going digital, but I get a crick in my neck from spending more than a few minutes on the screen. So i quit the digital version after one or two.

I have never received the paper copy as I only joined last year. I enjoy the digital version. I did finally see and read an older version CC in paper. I prefer the digital. Much easier to click on the links to the vendors, than having to put down the paper, go find the computer turn it on and then go back to the paper and then type the address in the computer. The digital version I can enlarge the font for these old eyes and make the reading easier.

But that's just me.

S, Floyd

Misty confirmed it during the EOT opening ceremonies. There will still be an online chronical, but there will also be a glossy magazine style chronical coming out quarterly,

This really is good news, and got the biggest cheers at the ceremony

Did she happen to say when it's coming out???

Did she happen to say when it's coming out???

Can't Wait ! Hope it looks as good as the old Shoot Magazines. Thanks to all that had a part in bringing back the printed CC.

Love the idea of a quarterly issue. I've looked online a couple of times or so but in the last year, none. I still have some old back issues I look at occasionally but this new idea is very refreshing. I look forward to it.

Rev

Can't Wait ! Hope it looks as good as the old Shoot Magazines. Thanks to all that had a part in bringing back the printed CC.

I miss the old Shoot magazine. That is how I first learned about SASS.

I read it when it was printed, but not on the net.

Here's a thing I don't like:

Sitting down in the cool evening by the fireplace, with a glass of bourbon, and looking at an elektronic device.

Paper rules!

Also gives me material to start subsequent cool evening fires when I'm done. Can't do that with an Ipad.

;)

Yep Utah Bob....them little Ipad suckers are hard to get lit :lol: :lol:

I use my electronics a lot and don't have a problem reading the electronic version of the Chronicle.....still don't care at all for the comics. However there just something organic about having a printed version of the Chronicle to read, I do enjoy reading the printed version more than the electronic. So Misty, thanks so much for bringing back a printed version and quarterly is just fine. But please no comics in the printed version.

Kajun

Archived