SASS Wire Forum

Anyone know how to unsync an Android from the computer?

Alpo

I do not want my electronic devices to be synced. I want them to be stand-alone. If I put something on my computer, I want it on my computer. I don't want to be able to access it from my phone. More importantly, I don't want anyone else to be able to access it from my phone. Seems like there is a much great chance of losing a smartphone, that I carry around with me, than losing a computer that sits on the desk.

I'm not sure how they got synced in the first place. Maybe when opening my email on the phone.

I have, and I'm not really sure how, multiple Gmail accounts. When i got my phone, I downloaded some things from Google play, using account 1. I was unable to access a site, on my computer. I made contact with Administration, and they told me I had the wrong Gmail account. I had signed in with account 2. So I signed OUT of 1, ON MY COMPUTER, and signed INTO 2, ON MY COMPUTER.

Yesterday i tried to update the antivirus on my phone, and it told me that Google play did not recognize my account. Shutting down account 1 and opening account 2 on the computer had done the same thing on my phone.

This is decidedly not sat.

So - does anyone know how to unsync these damn things?

Howdy,

I bought a computer several years ago and could NOT get it to log in to the internet.

After hours of frustration, I poured a drink downed it and went to bed.

Got up the next morning, tried one more time then took it back to the store for refund, return.

The tech showed me a menu within a menu within a menu where the computer was set to NO internet.

And he reset it to Internet.

I still returned it and got a different one.

Could be that your machine has a similar menu?

IF ALL ELSE FAILS READ THE DIRECTIONS OR FIND A TECH.

Best

CR

i'm an iOS guy not Android but I'm confused. What, specifically, is transferring between your android device and your PC?

Is it only when you plug it into the computer, does it happen wireless?

Some more info may help troubleshoot.

tried this yet?

accounts-sync.png

Eeehhh, never mind. I have everything I can find on that phone that says SYNC turned off. I closed account 2 on the computer and reopened account 1. Phone still did not work. Opened account 1 on the phone, and was now able to download the security app.

Hopefully the problem is gone.

Hopefully.

Eeehhh, never mind. I have everything I can find on that phone that says SYNC turned off. I closed account 2 on the computer and reopened account 1. Phone still did not work. Opened account 1 on the phone, and was now able to download the security app.

Hopefully the problem is gone.

Hopefully.

Gone but not forgotten....

TL

Now is the time to talk to that little guy with the strong Middle Eastern accent that keeps calling you and offers to fix your computer if you will only give him your credit card number.

Archived