SASS Wire Forum

Amazing story of Bob Mernickle and "Mernickle Holsters"

Lead Ringer

Arrived in Albuquerque last night and woke up to smashed out truck window and stuff stolen! Amongst the missing items are my rig and shotgun Belt. After a big hassle of a two hour wait on the police who never showed???? I finally get out to Founders Ranch to check in and look up Bob Mernickle for new leather.

Bob promptly sets me up with a new rig and shotgun belt at no cost to me. He won't take my money? He just says sorry to hear about the theft and enjoy your shoot!

Thanks Bob you went way way beyond anything I would expect👍🏼

Regards,

Ringer

amazing!!!!

++++1. He is a terrific guy. I have 2 of his awesome rigs and I am waiting for my third one to arrive. Really excited about it but one can never rush an artist to do an art of a rig.

I.M. Crossdraw

Sorry to hear about the theft, Ringer. I hope they catch that scumbag.

Sorri to hear about the theft Ringer.

And thanks for posting this info about Bob. That act of graciousness is rarely seen these days.

SALUTE to Bob Mernickle.

..........Widder

Wow! Sorry for the hassle and loss you suffered.

Bob sounds like one of those people we are occasionally blessed to meet or know.

Bought a rig and shotgun belt from him this year. There is no finer to deal with. Bob, if you are reading this, I still owe you a cold one.

Dang Ringer that's a shame. That's great what Bob did for ya. I guess the only way to repay him would be a world champion wearing his rig. I know you can handle it. Good luck

Dang Ringer that's a shame. That's great what Bob did for ya. I guess the only way to repay him would be a world champion wearing his rig. I know you can handle it. Good luck

Wouldn't that make a great ending to this story👍🏼👍🏼

Regards,

Ringer

I had scuffed some leather away close to the metal insert because of, I thought, the way I was returning the pistol to my cross draw holster. I took the holster to the Convention in San Antonio last year to ask Bob to show me what I might be doing wrong. He told me I wasn't doing anything wrong and handed me a brand new matching holster. "Here, take this home with you, Jess. No charge".

I protested that I couldn't do that it but he protested even louder that I could! He wanted his customers to be satisfied and that's all there was to it!

Bob's a super guy and a great conversionalist, to boot. I'm needing to replace my shotshell belt shortly and you can bet it'll be a Mernickle!

That's above and beyond the Cowboy Way! Wow.. thanks for sharing Ringer! Good Luck!

That sucks!! But I'm not surprised by what Bob did at all.

. Hope it brings you good luck Ringer.. I bought a rig for my wife from Bob and it happened to be schedualed for the bench just when a personal emergency came up..

I got a phone call from Bob himself to let me know the situation, I told him not to worry about it at all family comes first!!

About a week later another call from Bob he said that he was going to personally take over my wifes rig and asked if she like alittle bling!! We only ordered the basic Holy Terror rig!!

I told him I guess so, he told me to ask her what she liked, so I did, all she said was no hearts no flowers Bob said ok..

2 weeks later her rig showed up and it was the Bob Mernickle full blinged out Holsters and SG rig WOW!!!!With a letter saying thanx for being patient during a tough time and hoped she liked the rig..

Well long story short my wife LOVED the rig and she has had many many people ask who did that rig and when she tells them most just say yeah that's what I thought.. WOW.. :blink::blink::blink:

MERNICKLE is good people and GREAT LEATHER PERIOD... Thanx again Bob this will not be our last purchase from you... That's why I'm not surprised with what Bob did for you Lead Ringer!! ;)

Spades H & Bootsie H

Wow sorry to hear about that Ringer. Hope nothing else too major was lost also.

Very extraordinary and kind of Mernickle. You've got to love this sport and the people.

Nothing to major gone. Just lots of damage to the truck. Body shop will get that handled👍🏼

Bob did set the bar very high, on the "Cowboy Way".

The Mernickle's have been giving back to the community since I have been shooting with the High Plains Drifters out of Fernley, NV. I've been involved with the shooting club for many years and the last five years I have been the Boy Scout coordinator for this club at their annual match. First was Quick Cal's Western States Championship and as of late Shootout on the Comstock (same match with a new name). A local boy Scout troop has helped with the match shagging brass, helping with set up and break down, doing an outstanding job cleaning up the range and finally cooking lunch for us. Every year for as long as I've been part of the High Plains Drifters we have had an auction for a Mernickle rig and ALL the money goes to the scouts and that’s just half of it. Bob doubles the value of the rig he builds. If the winning bid is $2500.00 Bob builds a rig worth $5000.00. Everyone I have seen has been a true work of art. From gold bobbles to turquoise and silver fitting.

These folks are the real deal and are worth getting to know. Bob and Sheri have been at End of Trail during our match for the last number of years and their daughter Stormy has stepped up representing them in grand form. This year she showed up dressed to the nines with her seven week old baby girl!!!

We, the High Plains Drifters can not say enough wonderful things about the generosity of this marvelous family,

Jasper Agate

Hey Ringer, the local news (if they can be believed) just reported some local puke, a multiple felon, was caught in a "serial car burgler" near where you were staying. You might check with the PD there, see if your stuff was part of the seized evidence.

We're staying in Moronity, it's a bit safer, but not much.

Hey Ringer, the local news (if they can be believed) just reported some local puke, a multiple felon, was caught in a "serial car burgler" near where you were staying. You might check with the PD there, see if your stuff was part of the seized evidence.

We're staying in Moronity, it's a bit safer, but not much.

Thanks Mile, I will!

Regards,

Ringer

I told Bob about the trouble I was having with my back.

He built me a custom rig with a back support.

Has releived my back problems when i shoot quite a bit.

Not only is he and his wife 1 of a kind.

He is a design genius.

Windy City red

I love to hear stories like this. And the unintended consequence is that Mernickle gets free advertising. If more companies ran their operations like this, well let's just say that it would be better for everyone involved. I do know that when it's time for me to get another rig, Mernickle is going to be the first one I call.

Out of curiosity, I had to know what a $2500-$5000 rig, that Jasper mentioned looked like. Mernickle has a picture of such a rig and oh my. Perhaps when I win the lottery I can get myself one of those. That's just incredible: http://www.mernickleholsters.com/b_western/bw_b2008/bw_s2008.html

Have known Bob going on almost 40 years, and this is no surprise what he did for a fellow shooter. He's a great guy and have shot with him for many years. Bob is a friend, and always willing to help out a shooter.

Sorry about your loss but really happy to hear about Bob that's about as good as it gets.

Congratulations on your finish at EOT with strange leather no less.

I love to hear stories like this. And the unintended consequence is that Mernickle gets free advertising. If more companies ran their operations like this, well let's just say that it would be better for everyone involved. I do know that when it's time for me to get another rig, Mernickle is going to be the first one I call.

Out of curiosity, I had to know what a $2500-$5000 rig, that Jasper mentioned looked like. Mernickle has a picture of such a rig and oh my. Perhaps when I win the lottery I can get myself one of those. That's just incredible: http://www.mernickleholsters.com/b_western/bw_b2008/bw_s2008.html

Kid,

Come on up fathers day weekend next year and shoot our SHOOTOUT ON THE COMSTOCK and bid on the one of a kind rig!! It went for $1600.00 this year with every penny going to the scouts.

JA

Archived