SASS Wire Forum

WTC

Scrub Oak Willie 53737

Rifle loaded with 10 rounds , 3 rifle targets , must hit each target with a least 1 round , NO DOUBLE TAPS !! Most shooters are shooting R1 , R2 , R3 then alternating the next 7 rounds between R2 & R3. Now the question shooter is alternating between R2 & R3 jacks a round out shooting at R2

and shoots his next round a R3 , should he shot at R2 ? Did he double tap R3 if so is the call a P ??

Willie

Seems to me it falls under the often misunderstood shooters choice. Once he shot R3 he had excepted the miss for the jacked round. No P

Had he re engaged R2 then he still has the opportunity to make up the miss with a reload.

This may be another misunderstanding.

I would say no call if you went to target three, then reloaded and hit either target one or two. There was no specified order, only no double taps.

In that case you either shot target three twice in a row (which is a double tap), or you're counting the jacked out round as having 'engaged' target two, so no double tap, but now you've 'engaged' ten targets eleven times, so you get a P since the instructions call for engaging 10 targets 10 times..

I would have to say that if the shooter just jacked out a round between one hit on R3 and placed the next fired round on R3, he just earned a "P". Whether he loads another or not to make up for the one jacked out is immaterial. Loading another round and firing it at another target in accordance with the stage instructions only negates the "miss".

IMO, cycling the action doesn't constitute engaging... now if he'd said "pew" (or other commentary to approximate the sound of a round being fired), is a whole 'nother discusson! :ph34r:

Re engaging R2 or R1 would have allowed for the jack round to be determined at the end of the string. Reload and don't hit the target you hit with round 9 for a clean or take a miss. This is not a round count only stage. It doesn't allow for a double tap. So if he reloaded at the end for a true 10 shot string he would have a double tap in that string. I could be wrong but the ROC is the only group that could make me believe it.

Engage to me means that there has to be a result, either a hit or a miss. No matter if you say 'bang,' 'pew' or whatever :D

If you count the jacked out round as engaged you gotta score the miss, if you don't you gotta count target three being struck twice in a row as a double tap and a P.

Seems to me it falls under the often misunderstood shooters choice. Once he shot R3 he had excepted the miss for the jacked round. No P

Had he re engaged R2 then he still has the opportunity to make up the miss with a reload.

This may be another misunderstanding.

Ta Daaaa! :D ......

Jefro :ph34r: Relax-Enjoy

Grizz and Griff check out the first words on example A on Grizz's quick answer to this post. A jacked round in this game is considered engaged. Thus re engage is how the solutions flow.

It's really simple.

When the shooter jacked a round out that was to go on R2, they had two options.

1. engage R2 with another round and then either reload at the end of the string or take a miss.

2. Reload right on the spot and re-engage R2...

If you move on and then reload at the end, you've effectively said that the jacked out round didn't engage anything and you are now going to engage a target. If you do this and had shot R3 two times...then it's a P.

Debate all ya want, but the shooter cannot have it both ways on the argument saying that the jacked out round was considered "engagement" of R2 and then at the end say that the jacked out round didn't exist so I'm reloading a round.

Phantom

Grizz and Griff check out the first words on example A on Grizz's quick answer to this post. A jacked round in this game is considered engaged. Thus re engage is how the solutions flow.

PWB's Shooter's choice allows the shooter to 're-engage' that same target without penalty, but when the shooter chose to move back to target 3 striking it for a second time with no targets being struck nor missed in between, then a penalty has to be called. The way I read the shooters choice is that the penalty is a miss with no chance of making up that round without also incurring a P.

Actually the shooter could have moved to any target BUT target three to avoid penalty as long as he reloaded a round and hit a rifle target that had not just been struck with the previous round making it a double tap.

Did the shooter replace the ejected round or not?

BTW = I'll be pretty much "out of service" until next week (after EoT)

What ever is taking your time, I wish you well in it. Hopefully it's something fun.

What ever is taking your time, I wish you well in it. Hopefully it's something fun.

I think EOT probably Will be fun. ;)

The jacked out round would not have made any difference, had the shooter made a reload, (at any time after the jacked out round), and did NOT alter the stated sequence. When he shot the #3 target after the jacked out round, he in effect double tapped target #3 earning a P, and if he didn't make a reload at all, he also earned a miss.

RBK

The jacked out round would not have made any difference, had the shooter made a reload, (at any time after the jacked out round), and did NOT alter the stated sequence. When he shot the #3 target after the jacked out round, he in effect double tapped target #3 earning a P, and if he didn't make a reload at all, he also earned a miss.

RBK

Read the link Grizz supplied on this thread. It should show you where you are wrong. SASS engagement is different from other shooting sports which I think creates more confusion than it helps.

Just another reason to shoot this stage in two continuous sweeps:

1-2-3-2-1 & 3-2-1-2-3 Keeping the rifle moving is much quicker than jerking between two alternating targets. This also a chance to practice a shooting sequence that could appear later.

RBK

Sorry RBK, but you are not correct. The jacked out round if not reloaded before engaging R3 again is simply a miss. No P. Also, the miss (jacked out round) preceded the second hit on R3 and your position would be accessing a P because of a miss...

Phantom

WTC What fun. Who knows what target he was shooting at, it didn't even go bang. He could shoot any target except P3 reload and shoot any target except the one he shot with the 9th fired round Smile and move to the unloading table

no,,,, once he hit target 3 after throwing out the round, he gave up the reload,,, to hit it after throwing out the round, by reloading at the end, that made a double tap on 3...

Just another reason to shoot this stage in two continuous sweeps:

1-2-3-2-1 & 3-2-1-2-3 Keeping the rifle moving is much quicker than jerking between two alternating targets. This also a chance to practice a shooting sequence that could appear later.

May be true some times but in this case 1 and 2 were spread further apart than 2 and 3 were (not that anyone would know that unless you were there), so that might have been the reason.

Randy

Archived