SASS Wire Forum

Designing my own crap shoot

Howdy,

I'm in charge of writing scenarios for my club this month. I saw that Ponderosa Pines had their crap shoot back in April so I thought I would take a stab at creating one for my club. The only difference is that all of my scenarios will revolve around an outhouse prop we have or maybe poopin in the woods all the while trying to keep the storylines comical. I've got a few scenarios written but I've run into writers block and maybe you can give me some ideas. So I'm here looking for a little help and maybe have some fun with you guys. If you were writing a scenario around an outhouse, what kind of story line or fun twist would you write into it?

Hi Ranger,

What is a crap shoot? Is it any shoot written with an outhouse theme?

Regards,

Allie

Allie,

http://sassnet.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234502&hl=%2Bcrap+%2Bshoot

I just decided to put a different spin on their name and make it more fun with an outhouse theme. Thought maybe some here could help me with some ideas.

I thought I heard a mouse on a motor scooter.

Man, that water is cold.

Yeah, and it's DEEP too !

(old urinal joke)

we had a THREE holer!!!!! no waiting!!! gee, if you have all three occupied will the wasps sting yur butt, or worse?????

Here is a picture of a Kraps table I made. Easy from a 1/2 sheet of 1/4" plywood.

CrapsTable.jpg

You can get the felt for it off Ebay for about $12

CrapsTableFelt.jpg

Then get some "Fuzzy Dice" and you're all set.

PiedmontRegulatorsJuly2014102.jpg

Whiskey Business Playin' Kraps

http://s280.photobucket.com/user/Rolan_Kraps/media/Piedmont%20regulators/July%202014/PiedmontRegulatorsJuly2014127.mp4.html

Stage Three – Rolan, Rolan, Rolan!

Round Count
10 Pistol
10 Rifle
4+ Shotgun

Shooting Order
Rifle
Shotgun
Pistol
Pistol

Staging & Shooting order
Pistols loaded with 5 rounds each and holstered –
Rifle loaded with 10 rounds and staged on craps table,
Shotgun staged on right table

Some people are just drawn to games of chance. Some people ought not to be. But with a name like “Rolan Kraps,” destiny was at work. Rolan was plying his trade in the Oriental saloon. Rolan was on a winning streak (which was VERY uncommon for him). But Ike Clanton figured that his luck was just a little TOO good. After cleaning out the other players, Ike declares that the game must be fixed! Never one to have his honor impugned, Rolan decides to make Ike eat his words!

Procedure:
Start standing behind craps table holding a die in each hand. When ready say “I’ll show you rigged dice!” ATB, toss the dice down the table. Dice must stay on the table! Shooter picks the number from one of the die. Shooter picks up the rifle and starts a continuous Nevada Sweep starting on the number they chose. Example, the first die is “3” the shooter would engage R3, R4, R5, R6, R5, R4, R3, R2, R1, R2. Replace the rifle on the craps table and move to the shotgun. Engage shotgun targets in any order until down. Draw first pistol and engage the targets in a continuous Nevada sweep starting on the number of the second die. For example, if the number on the die was “4”, the shooter would engage P4, P5, P6, P5, P4, P3, P2, P1, P2, P3.

Stage Four – Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Round Count
10 Pistol
10 Rifle
4+ Shotgun

Shooting Order
Pistol
Pistol
Rifle
Shotgun

Staging & Shooting order
Pistols loaded with 5 rounds each and holstered –
Rifle loaded with 10 rounds and staged on the craps table,
Shotgun staged on the table on right

Well the south side of Chicago. Is the baddest part of town. And if you go down there you better just beware of a man name of Leroy Brown. Now Leroy more than trouble, you see he stand ‘bout six foot four. All those downtown ladies call him "Treetop Lover". All the men just call him "Sir".

Well Friday 'bout a week ago. Leroy shootin' dice. And at the edge of the bar sat a girl named Doris, and oh that girl looked nice.

Well he cast his eyes upon her. And the trouble soon began. And Leroy Brown had learned a lesson 'Bout a-messin' with the wife of a jealous man.

Procedure:
Start standing behind the Craps table holding a die in each hand. When ready say “He’s Bad, Bad Leroy Brown!”. ATB, toss the dice on the table, draw your first pistol and engage the pistol targets in a regressive sweep from either direction (P4. P4. P4. P4, P3) . Holster and draw second pistol. Continue the sweep on the pistol targets (P3, P3, P2, P2, P1). Holster and retrieve rifle. Engage the rifle targets in a regressive sweep from either direction (R4. R4. R4. R4, R3, R3, R3, R2, R2, R1). Make rifle safe back on table. Move to shotgun and engage the shotgun targets in any order.

Rolan did a good job with his table but don't write a stage that luck plays into the shooting order. This has been brought up many times and only a very few people don't get it. Two shooters love shooting left to right. One shooter rolls the dice and the number available allows that but the other shooters roll doesn't work out that way. So luck of the dice determined how the stage was shot. Good for some and bad for others.

Archived