SASS Wire Forum

Panama Canal

Big Sarge

Yesterday, I bought a 16 foot pool in anticipation of our father's day cook out. I spent most of yesterday assembling the project on what I thought was level ground. Early this morning, I started filling it. I have quickly found out:

1. It was probably easier to build the Panama Canal and faster at the rate I'm going

2. I have most of the backyard flooded with the major dry spot being the pool that doesn't hold water

3. I expect to have yellow fever, dengue, or malaria before today is over

I bought it at Walmart. Most of the instructions were in a combination of Chinese & Martian. It only said level ground. Ha! I think this is a North Korean plot to flood the US one backyard at a time. We're waiting now for the alligators to start moving in.

I bought it at Walmart. Most of the instructions were in a combination of Chinese & Martian. It only said level ground. Ha! I think this is a North Korean plot to flood the US one backyard at a time. We're waiting now for the alligators to start moving in.

I Bought one about 35 years ago. As I recall, it wanted level ground but suggested a little excavation so that the center would be a little deeper than the rim and then a few yards of stone dust. Maybe six yards, the price of six yards was not much different from the price of 3.

I've got 4 kids. I should have sat on the swing and watched them put together. The 2nd grader has a better grasp of the instructions than I do. Here's some more info on the project:

1. The pool holds 2,760 gals of water. I've tried filling it three times. Ge the picture of how much water is sitting in my back yard.

2. I expect it will e declared a wetlands conservation and preservation project any day. I don't have any ducks, but the chickens are swimming in it

(chuckle)

Most dreaded words in the English language, "Some Assembly Required."

I beg to differ.

Top 3 most dreaded phrases in the English language:

3. Some assembly required.

2. I'm medically trained, I can help you.

1. I'm from the government and I'm here to help you.

Archived