SASS Wire Forum

Directions to the ranch?

Anvil Al #59168

If coming from the East, exit I-40 at Edgewood (exit 187), turn south to NM 333 (it is almost a frontage road) and turn west following the map Earp referenced when you get to NM 217. Juan Tomas Road will be at the top of a hill. Avoid Barton Road from NM 333 since it is a rutted, dirt road.

• 2 weeks later...

If coming from the East, exit I-40 at Edgewood (exit 187), turn south to NM 333 (it is almost a frontage road) and turn west following the map Earp referenced when you get to NM 217. Juan Tomas Road will be at the top of a hill. Avoid Barton Road from NM 333 since it is a rutted, dirt road.

Our GPS took us up Barton Road with a 12000 lb. 5th wheel...not the way to go, but the old Dodge got us there no problem.

• 10 months later...

After reading everything and learning how to key GPS coordinates in my iphone, I discovered if I used 514 Barton Rd. Edgewood NM 87015, the map directions took me down the correct roads to Founders Ranch.

It avoided using the dirt road portion of Barton Rd.

At least it appears to get very close to the correct spot.

Other addresses closer made the map use the dirt road on the north side that everyone said to avoid.

I have never been there, but would like to know if this works for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I attended EOT 2016.

My iPhone GPS worked perfectly by using this address:

514 Barton Rd. Edgewood NM 87015

Even though this is not the real address, it took me exactly to the front gate of Founders Ranch.

I used the GPS coordinates shown on the SASS website and kept playing with the Barton Rd addresses until the address matched the GPS coordinate.

It took me down the correct paved roads and avoided the dirt road portion of Barton Rd.

Let me know if you get different results.

Thanks

Archived