SASS Wire Forum

Jurassic World Lever Action

Key Hay

I'm thinking Chris Pratt (Who plays Owen Grady) should try SASS Cowboy action. He was pretty fast with his Marlin 1895SBL Stainless 45-70! He was pretty quick at taking out Pterodactyls using factory ammo.

I saw the movie on Sunday.....full length mag tube on that gun. Did you notice the extra rounds on the sling too? I wonder if it had a Widdermatic action job? :D :D

Kajun

I saw the movie on Sunday.....full length mag tube on that gun. Did you notice the extra rounds on the sling too? I wonder if it had a Widdermatic action job? :D :D

Kajun

Don't think Widder works on 45-70.

Kajun

Haven't see the movie yet, but he should have gotten himself the 1895 Cowboy version. Holds 9 + 1. Mine doesn't have a full Widder job but has benefited from a good polishing of the carrier, a stainless steel follower, and tuned springs.

I have found that you can cycle the action faster than a round can move onto the carrier. Have had to learn to slow down a little and give that 2.55 inch long, round time to get into position or it will lock up the action.

Some folks have posted that he did not use the lever on the rifle between shots...some kind of new automatic lever rifle I guess!

Can anyone confirm??

I'll have to watch the movie, but I have a Marlin GBL and I can tell you that mine is nowhere near that smooth. I guess I need to start smoothing it out in case of pterodactyl attacks.

I haven't seen the movie either, but I think I'd want at least a MaDeuce, and maybe even a LAW or RPG of some sort. Actually, a Bradley Fighting Vehicle with a 20mm chain gun and a Dragon anti-tank launcher would be a good sightseeing vehicle! However, the question arises...are these critters considered an endangered species? Is this preserve considered exempt from species preservation? What does dino meat taste like? Chicken? Does a tourist have to sign a waiver of liability in case they wind up as dino lunch? What is the danger of being hit with pterodactyl droppings? Inquiring minds (however dimented) want to know! :P

Of course dinosaurs don't taste like chicken. Mythbusters did a whole episode of various meats that have been claimed to taste like chicken. None of them did.

I assume its *possible* that dino meat tasted like chicken, but it prolly tasted like something else. Prolly like dinosaurs! :)

Of course dinosaurs don't taste like chicken. Mythbusters did a whole episode of various meats that have been claimed to taste like chicken. None of them did.

I assume its *possible* that dino meat tasted like chicken, but it prolly tasted like something else. Prolly like dinosaurs! :)

My best guess would be they taste like lizard. Probably a little tougher than iguana.

I've had alligator and to me it did taste like chicken. Dry, chewy, overcooked chicken. Like Mom used to make.

The dinosaurs think of you as slow meat.

Well, that's 'cause I am! I saw a shirt once that summed up my position on predators quite nicely: "I'm too old to fight you, but I'm not too old to shoot you."

:FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm::FlagAm:

The Pterodactyls taste like spotted owls. :P

Some folks have posted that he did not use the lever on the rifle between shots...some kind of new automatic lever rifle I guess!

Can anyone confirm??

I saw that too!!! It was like he was shooting a semi-auto.

Just saw a trailer for "The Rifleman" series. It actually showed Lucas adjusting the screw in the lever bow/trigger guard. You know, the one they put in after he speared his finger with the trigger while doing the hipshot! :blink:

I've seen the movie. The only time I remember him using the Marlin was in the "big fight" at the end of the movie.

He used a different "gun" when he and a bunch of others were shooting at the Pterodactyls.

I've had alligator and to me it did taste like chicken. Dry, chewy, overcooked chicken. Like Mom used to make.

Well, that's 'cause I am! I saw a shirt once that summed up my position on predators quite nicely: "I'm too old to fight you, but I'm not too old to shoot you."

I had alligator prepared by the students at Culinary Institute of America, Austin. It was better than that.

I'm thinking Chris Pratt (Who plays Owen Grady) should try SASS Cowboy action. He was pretty fast with his Marlin 1895SBL Stainless 45-70! He was pretty quick at taking out Pterodactyls using factory ammo.

You might be closer than you think. I just IMDBed him, and he filming a new movie........The Magnificent Seven!!!

Archived