SASS Wire Forum

Bullet feeding kit on Lee Loadmaster

Hoss

Anybody have any experience with the bullet feeding kit? My big ole clumsy fat fingers have a hard time picking up and placing the bullets on the case. Just wondering how many folks use the kit, and if it works as advertised.

Tried and tried to get the 38 feeder going. With enough tinkering I could get it to feed 75% of the time. Most of the time the fingers would only feed half-way and get trapped in between the turret and the ram. even the spring update kit didn't help.

It was strange too. it would work great for a little while, then stop for no real reason. a little tinkering and I could get it to run for a while again. There's no "on or off" setting. it feeds a bullet whether there is a case or not. Trying to stop if from feeding will only jack it up worse.

I also found that it didn't like alox lubed bullets. the 125gr pills I was using would get wedged in the feeder tube end where the arms grab the bullets.

All in all, the bullet feeder was a waste of money and a source of frustration. I wouldn't give it away at this point, it would just make me enemies.

Hoss,

I had a bullet feeder on a Lee 1000 that I used to load 125 grain lead bullets in 9mm. After a lot of tinkering I finally did make it work. When I started reloading 38 special I did not hook up the bullet feeder and realized I could load faster without it. It took as long to get the bullets in the feed tube as it did to set them on the case mouths, and as Hurricane Deck said it feeds a bullet whether there is a case in position or not. He is also right about it not liking lubed bullets, the feed tubes had to be cleaned every so often. I later bought a Load Master and didn't bother to get a bullet feeder for it. Sorry I can't give you more hope, but if you don't like to tinker it would just be frustrating.

Crusty Steve

Archived